UK theme parks from another point of view!

daboywunda
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 20, 2005 1:20 pm

i've got a topic here:

http://www.towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6732

the UK doesn't have one of them!!! Infact.... I believe that it may be a world first.

I'm glad that AT aren't investing in new coasters. They need some more decent thrilling flats! And maybe a brand new area some-where.

And didn't I say that Alton Towers had something huge up their sleeve, and didn't I tell you to stop holding out for the woodie.... it's not happenning some-time soon.

I_love_at
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 20, 2005 3:02 pm

i hope they get the music right for the charle and chocolate factory ride, becuase in the alice in wonderland ride at blackpool, the music as you go round is from CaTCF. so i hope they dont go and put alice in wonder land music in there instead.

i just thought of something. maybe they might bring back the chocolate house as the ride will be a fitting theme.

DiveMaster
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 20, 2005 4:09 pm

Well if it were to be sponsered by Nestle's Wonka range it would surely explain why they removed the Cadbury's Chocolate house.

Bit weird though?

Anonymous

Fri May 20, 2005 4:19 pm

"doom+sons1988" wrote:
No more woodie threads.

:lol: . So true... so true.

With refrence to the "no more coasters in a few years", I agree that can also be a very positive aspect of the future.
For god know's how long we've been moaning about how Alton has no decent flats. Maybe these year could see a great flat update. The strange thing is though... nothing has been said about a flat replacing BH. Strange, I wouldn't though a new ride was planned to replace BH in 2006 since it's removal was planned for the end of this season. Anyway. I can also give them a chance to update the kiddie, family aspect's of the park, to make it more appealing to all the family and thus boasting the resort marketing.

And the Toyland Tours retheme. I certainly don't think it'll be outdated. For how long has the book been a legend. Yes... aaages, so I'm sure it won't suddenly become unpopular. Infact, with the new movie, it's legecy is going to be boosted even more!!! And if you think about the chocolate lake scene/setting in the movie... the themeing oppertunity is gold, if it is done correctly. I'd like to see lot's of special effect's, track changes and other unique point. Please don't just replace the boobless hippo with moving Umpa Lumpa's :lol:

I think the whole of Cred St. should be rethemed to the setting of the "Candy World" embankment beside the chocolate river. Not nessecerilly taking it's name, but just Alton using heavy insperation to make it their own. It would mean lot's of colourfull sweet's scattered around the place, and again I feel if it was done correctly could turn out great.

Lewis... :D
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 20, 2005 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous

Fri May 20, 2005 4:52 pm

A chocolate or sweets theme would certainly be nice for Cred Street- can see the 5d sweets being thrown out to the audiences already! Maybe theres a social and ethical issue at hand here though? In todays world sugar and sweets are not quite the message parents like their children being open to.

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 20, 2005 5:09 pm

Hmm, not too sure on this idea. I know i shouldn't judge before i've seen the final product but the idea just makes me cringe. I really can't see how it would work.

Good news about the quantam leap thingy, hopefully something hugeee is coming in the next few years (well we know it aint gonna be a coaster... Spiderman the ride:part 2, anyone?!)

Cheers for the info Dan! :)

evil cod

Fri May 20, 2005 5:29 pm

I think its a great idea (not least because CatCF is one of my most waited for films this year)
also its easy to see the similarity in styles between the existing ride and wonka's factory see:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/ ... actory.jpg

Also i really hope they get the music from this latest film, ok I havent heard it yet but its by danny elfman so its got to be good!
Danny Elfmans "back catalouge" http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000384/
Last edited by evil cod on Fri May 20, 2005 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous

Fri May 20, 2005 5:34 pm

"Forums Coach" wrote:
A chocolate or sweets theme would certainly be nice for Cred Street- can see the 5d sweets being thrown out to the audiences already! Maybe theres a social and ethical issue at hand here though? In todays world sugar and sweets are not quite the message parents like their children being open to.

Hmm, maybe Birds Eye Veggie Land where the message is to 'eat your greens'. The major attraction would be 'Arable' - a 5D attraction with an educational farming theme, culminating in a combined harvester seemingly crashing through the screen and unpleasant slurry squirted at the audience to create a realistic effect.

And Toyland Tours will be rethemed as 'Organic' - a vegetable preparation factory, with the boats redesigned to look like different vegetables. You start off at a plantation, journey through a cleansing process (featuring a large Sonic the Hedgehog figure), sail through supermarket tableau and end up at a dinner party with sensible children eating healthily and an Asda Mum in a million smiling at them in a sickly fashion.

Can't wait.

Anonymous

Fri May 20, 2005 8:32 pm

"Dan from ATA" wrote:
The Toyland Tours retheme is estimated to be costing around £2.5 million - £4.5 million.

:shock:

WOW.

Now I don't know much about the general cost of a small retheme, but that sum suggest's we'll be seeing big BIG changes.

I hope my grant of special effect's and a new course will come true :mrgreen:

Now I'm really looking forward to this ride!!! It seems as though it is to become a great member of the Alton Towers good ride's list :P

Lewis... :o

jpecool
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 20, 2005 10:42 pm

Hmm £4.5 million could suggest a bit more than just your average retheme. :D Maybe a drop could be added like people have been syaing and like i have been hoping. AT make sure it gets people WET! Unlike your other water rides apart from ripsaw. :roll:

The idea seems okay, not that original, and it could be a huge flop unless its done properly. Its risky, but im sure if alton spend alot of time and money on it it could turn out good, but then it could also turn out a disaster. We will have to wait and see what the future brings. :wink:

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!! \":D\"

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat May 21, 2005 2:12 am

Quantum Leap?

http://www.towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6779 ?

Just wild speculation of course.

themeparkdude
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 21, 2005 9:30 am

well yeah, Toyland tours would obviously be a tour of the chocolate factory, but the 5D cinema, I don't know how they could theme that.
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

a.ndy
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 21, 2005 12:00 pm

doesn't all this link a little too closely with the original "Jazz Land" plans :wink:
:D

Anonymous

Sat May 21, 2005 5:42 pm

well yeah, Toyland tours would obviously be a tour of the chocolate factory, but the 5D cinema, I don't know how they could theme that.

A 5D with a sweet's theme could work incredably well. Imagine the sweet's being thrown at you!!!

More tidbits...

"Dan for ATA" wrote:
By the way, "retheme" might be a bit of an understatement... think more "overhaul". It looks likely that, as in the Jazz Land plans, part of the ride will be outdoors as of next year.

Apparently the ride will have a new entrance and new queue lines (behind Bouncing Bugs) - and there may also be a pre-show, with the old queues next to McDonalds utilised for a post-show area.

Remember, you heard it first here on ATA! :wink:

Sound's extremely promising!!! This sound's like it's going to turn out an amazing ride. It's great that Alton are making a big investment of a kiddy ride... even though I'm sure I'll like it as much as the 5 year olds :wink:

Lewis... :mrgreen:

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 21, 2005 7:37 pm

I know that when someone originally suggested the idea of Charlie And The Chocolate Factory themed ride a few months back, I was quite against the idea, but now as it appears its a very good possibility this is what we will be seeing, and the more i think about the more i warm to the idea...

It sounds like the ride is going to be great experience, with a preshow, full boat ride, and im keeping my fingers crossed for a splash down at the end, as with great special effects, and proper top notch Tussuards themeing (Yes - we know you are capable of it!) This as the potential of being on the UK's best family attractions.

Is the 5D Cinema rumoured to be part of this TT overhaul? or a stand alone attraction?

And I'm thinking that to continue this new "Candy" theme were gonna have going on over thier, Cred St wouldnt really need that much work doing to it. All it would need is a few more Candy themed features, maybe make the lamp posts look like giant candy canes, and the buildings look a little more "edible" of and refurb a few of the existing rides, think of the endless opportunities this theme could bring. Im hoping for a "Christmas Town" feel, like the one in the Grinch, but without the festive theme - if ya get what I mean?

Ant

Sat May 21, 2005 8:43 pm

It really does sound great will be a brand new ride if all this extension happens. Sounds very promising I was expecting them to just paint the exterior of the building differnt color and just a change inside the ride. :shock: Im thinking Toy land tours could probaly be closed early this season like Ug land in about september for this work to start thats if the extension does happen.

jpecool
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 21, 2005 9:07 pm

"a.ndy" wrote:
doesn't all this link a little too closely with the original "Jazz Land" plans :wink:

Yes it does sound very much like them plans. But the question is, IS IT TRUE??? Will it actually go ahead? Or is it just rumour?

Im not going to get carried away just yet, BUT i think its a cool idea, its grown on me. I dont want that 5d to be the end of the refurbished TT if it is true, as that means we wont get a splash down. Why would alton get people wet, and then put them in some comfy seats just to oak them seats aswell?????

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!! \":D\"

doom+sons1988
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 21, 2005 9:15 pm

Knowing my luck I bet this is true( and you are going to take chunks out of me saying I was certain there would be no retheme) but I still can't see the logic in it.

Anyway I think post-Duel Alton have to show they can really make a revamp work. I like the idea of a extension but it's unlikely and even better a whole new ride transit system but these kinds of changes usually take more than half a year. I'm worried that all they're going to do is rip out the old scenes, change the facade and maybe change the boats, leaving the same ride which will get as dull as Toyland did.

Does Tussauds have any ambition to make something a bit more special. UK Parks have never produced top quality rides like POTC, The Haunted Mansion, The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman or Villa Volta. We make copies and never actually try new things, ok money is a big factor but that hasn't stopped rides becoming classic, take Nemesis for example.

Regarding the 5D Cinema. What is 5D ? exactly and does anyone have details on that attraction because that sounds much more promising.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"

a.ndy
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 21, 2005 9:39 pm

"doom+sons1988" wrote:
UK Parks have never produced top quality rides like... Villa Volta.
... Hex... :roll: (even though you have a valid point and i'm just nit picking :D )
anyway, my point is that Dan ATA would not give this clear cut information out in such a manner if it was not as true as he makes out. Fair enough if it was some snotty nosed 10 year old kid coming out with it, but i can only think trust. and i'm sure you understand :D

just another little point to make clear, we are all presuming that AT are going to use the TT building to house another boat ride, but is this necessarily the case? could this actually be the 5D ride too? (hint hint... the Amazing Adventures of Spiderman & DarKastle)??
... But then again at only £4-5 million, maybe not..?
Last edited by a.ndy on Sat May 21, 2005 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 21, 2005 9:42 pm

Do you think the ride will be anything to do with / be sponsored by Cadburys as they Sponsor the room in the hotel and are ment to be sponsoring the monorail (as metioned on here earlier this year) maybe Cadburys will be paying something towards the ride?
Perhaps Macdonlds may go and they could turn it into a huge chocolate shop (maybe thats why the other chocolate shop closed?)
What do you think?
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek