UK theme parks from another point of view!

Lord_of_Oblivion
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 23, 2005 3:00 pm

Personally, i think it is highly unlikely that Toyland Tours will be re-themed as Charlie and the Chocolate factory because the novelty of the movie will pass very soon and Alton Towers will be left with what they have now: an extremely out of date ride with good potential simply in need of a few of those "Magic alton towers ideas." How about a trip round lots of countries with lots of singing children in traditional national attire- oh wait a minute, Disney had that tragic idea years ago- so many singing children and nowhere to run! You're on a boat- that ride is just plain torture!
Toyland tours should be made into a boat race climaxing in a thorough soaking for blissfully unaware parents in the form of a giant water cannon! :twisted:
Go on!- Visit www.hoticearena.piczo.com for all you Hot Ice enquiries and curiosities. I need to keep the numbers up. \":lol:\" Go on, Go on, Go on, Go on, Go on, Go on.... GO ON!

doom+sons1988
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 23, 2005 3:17 pm

Toyland tours should be made into a boat race climaxing in a thorough soaking for blissfully unaware parents in the form of a giant water cannon! :twisted:

That's probably one of the most brillant ideas for a ride finale I've ever heard.

How about a trip round lots of countries with lots of singing children in traditional national attire- oh wait a minute, Disney had that tragic idea years ago- so many singing children and nowhere to run! You're on a boat- that ride is just plain torture!

British Parks have always been ripping off ideas from our altantic neighbours, though Around the World in 8o days sin't the most shameless, Drayton Manor's Pirate Adventure is. It's still an enjoyable ride but if you had riden POTC before hand you end up laughing at the bad animintronics and bad dialogue.

I cant help but get the whole 5D simulator thing out of my head though (Spiderman & DarKastle...)
Would be nice
But like you say Kaycee, would even that be enough to justify as a "quantum leap"?

It should but I doubt that will be the "quantum Leap", it's more likely to be a coaster or something similar. I doubt the general public would actually know what Multi Sensory Dark Ride (or 5D Simulator thing) not much people know what one is on this forum and so guests would think it would be cinema of some sort. But if this ride is going to be so big where are going to put it ? You could tell Alton had run out of space with Rita so unless they take something down (say Duel) you couldn't imagine the quantum Leap being spectactular.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"

Anonymous

Mon May 23, 2005 3:42 pm

"Lord_of_Oblivion" wrote:
Personally, i think it is highly unlikely that Toyland Tours will be re-themed as Charlie and the Chocolate factory because the novelty of the movie will pass very soon and Alton Towers will be left with what they have now: an extremely out of date ride with good potential simply in need of a few of those "Magic alton towers ideas."

Fortunately if this theme was to go ahead, it'd be based on the rather classic, timeless children's book, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl. So we don't need to worry about the novelty of the movie fading away. :D

:twisted: :P

themeparkdude
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 23, 2005 4:17 pm

A cred street retheme, with all what they plan, would cost......

£45,000,000 minimum
£60,000,000 maximum
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

Coasternut
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 23, 2005 4:29 pm

I think that is a bit excessive, if your talking about Jazzland maybe, but bearing in mind the "Mass Transit System" whatever that was, there were no really expensive, ground breaking rides i.e. a 5D cinema, a overhaul of TT and what looked like a Rockin' Tug plus themeing would not cost £45 000 000.

I'd be interested to know what DaKastle cost, baring in mind that Spiderman was phenomenally expensive, 80million? Surely it cannot be as expensive as the technology is already in existance? A ride such as this would be in my opinion a "Quantum Leap" for a UK park and we know JW want's to build one. In terms of where, I think maybe Merry England, with a little bit of retheming we could have something similar to DaKastle in the area where Magic HQ is now. However, I don't think the flume fits in too well with that, but you never know, it could be leaving us before the "Quantum Leap" occurs.

Williscroft

Mon May 23, 2005 4:36 pm

If we got something like Darkastle i would class that as bigger than a quantum leap, it looks like and amazing ride and one at the Towers would be great :D ooooo i get all chilly just thinking about it. Anyway on to TLT, even after the film of CATCF has been and gone it will still be a great ride as like Kaycee, said it will be based arround the book. The book and old film have been arround for years and still are very popular so its would be a great family ride to have at Alton Towers :)

jpecool
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 23, 2005 4:46 pm

"Kaycee" wrote:
I don't have anything massive to base that comment on, except I know when I read it, I didn't automatically assume it to be rides. A quantum leap for a UK theme park...I might be being thick, but what exactly COULD be a quantum leap for a UK theme park in terms of rides?

It's just a thought that leapt into my head and I was leaving it open to discussion. COULD it be referring to something other than rides? That's the conclusion they assume we'll automatically jump to... I mean...we get a few world-firsts, UK firsts at Alton Towers - surely that's old hat to us now? A quantum leap suggests something in a different direction - to me at least. I may be talking gobbledegook. :)

What a smart cooky :yes: :yes: :yes: :clap: :lol:

I never thought of it this way kaycee, but you could be right. I was actually thinking quantum leap as making an amazingly themed ride, as good as many themed rides in the world. But maybe it could be something else. I dont know what it is but maybe. :-k :-k :-k

The book and film have only been soooooo successful because of 2 things:
> The vast amount of choclate and sweets
> The Umpa Lumpas <<<< They are classic. And all their rhymes have hidden meanings and morals in, for example one is about selfishness. I have just said something really obvious, lol. Anyway if alton have any of these 2 in this ride, i will be happy. :D But i want a drop too :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :boogy: :boogy: :boogy:

*goes off singing*

Umpa lumpa didgery doo
Ive got another puzzle for you............... :blah: Man im sad :ashamed:

EDit: I just thought. A quantum leap, Maybe a water coaster, that would be something new and special for the UK. A quantum leap for a UK park. :wink: Although for 4.5million it wouldnt be great

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!! \":D\"

Anonymous

Mon May 23, 2005 5:00 pm

I reckon this 'quantum leap' is going to take place over a few years, or hit us IN a few years time. It was said in the same paragraph as Rita being the last coaster for a few years...due to this major investment.

Interesting, eh! ;) :)

Williscroft

Mon May 23, 2005 5:10 pm

I think your on to something here Kaycee, would be great to have a new worlds first in a few years time but at the same time i want a ride like Darkastle if not more than a coaster. What if the leap isnt actualy taking part in the park its self and has more to do with the resort, maybe a log cabin park and a cinema/bowling ally like every one has been wanting and maybe a shopping area or am i going a bit to far now :?:

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 23, 2005 5:11 pm

"themeparkdude" wrote:
A cred street retheme, with all what they plan, would cost......

£45,000,000 minimum
£60,000,000 maximum

Lol, a bit OTT there! I would be surprised if the whole area overhaul reached over 30million max.

"kaycee" wrote:
I don't have anything massive to base that comment on, except I know when I read it, I didn't automatically assume it to be rides. A quantum leap for a UK theme park...I might be being thick, but what exactly COULD be a quantum leap for a UK theme park in terms of rides?

It's just a thought that leapt into my head and I was leaving it open to discussion. COULD it be referring to something other than rides? That's the conclusion they assume we'll automatically jump to... I mean...we get a few world-firsts, UK firsts at Alton Towers - surely that's old hat to us now? A quantum leap suggests something in a different direction - to me at least. I may be talking gobbledegook.

"Adz-TTR" wrote:
Quantum Leap?

http://www.towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6779 ?

Just wild speculation of course.

I'm thinking what adam's thinking!!! :)

jpecool
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 23, 2005 5:20 pm

Oh man, just thought of something. Kaycee, you said it could stretch over a few years. Now here is what i thought. Take these two prices for 2 years:
2006 - £2.5million to £4.5million
2007 - £10million (remember this 10million investment we were told about, and we all thought it was a woody or a 4D coaster.

This is what we have been told about prices spent in the next 2 years. Now what if this money was ALL spent on Cred Street. Say the first bit on one attraction, and the other on another attraction, and theming etc. This is a huge amount of money. At Maximum it is £14.5million!!!! That is also, considering nemesis was only £10million (Thats the first time i have ever said only £10million, what do i mean only 10, its a huge amount of money, :lol: :lol: :lol: ) £14.5million could be spent on alot over the 2 years. The TT redevelopment, a new flat ride and a 5d along with a decent bit of themeing could all come with that amount of money. :D

:wink:

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!! \":D\"

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 23, 2005 5:44 pm

I recon they might add a drop and then after that you could go through a room themed as an oven which could be full of heaters that dry you off!

BTW Drayton has Stormforce 10 which gets you soaked (especially at the back!)

spin_doctor
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 23, 2005 6:08 pm

sorry, id ike to take part in the discussion :wink: but whats a quantum leap? :oops:

themeparkdude
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 23, 2005 8:00 pm

I said around £50,000,000 because I thought a ride like spiderman costs around £40,000,00? Or is it cheaper now. And personally I think darkcastle is better than spiderman
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 23, 2005 8:04 pm

"spin_doctor" wrote:
sorry, id ike to take part in the discussion :wink: but whats a quantum leap? :oops:

Means a huge jump, or a big step in a certain direction. It usually means in a positive way. :)

doom+sons1988
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 23, 2005 9:16 pm

Maybe Alton Towers is turning it's back on coasters and turning it's attention to theming (the theming has been nearly non-existent since 2000). Maybe Alton Towers is turning into a Disneyland UK ? We've already noticed that the name of the park has been changed to Alton Towers Resort, so I wouldn't be suprised if we get some massive overhaul of theming or something similar when this quantum leap occurs.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 23, 2005 9:22 pm

Crazy thinking....

Quantum........Quant.......Four.......Foud D....4D...4D Coaster

Just random speculation!

doom+sons1988
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 23, 2005 9:32 pm

Crazy thinking....

Quantum........Quant.......Four.......Foud D....4D...4D Coaster

Just random speculation!

Very Intresting.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 23, 2005 9:53 pm

Garrrrr!

quantum leap
quantum leap
quantum leap
quantum leap

Man, I just read this whole page, getting excited,Dissapointed, annoyed and excited AGAIN!
I think its very interesting that AT arnt getting any coasters for the next few years, meaning family/kiddys stuff and Flats and this quantum leap ... which sounds fun!

This was my view!

Until something is confirmed Im not arguing about this quantum leap or anything else but all sounds fun!

This is REAL TTF! :D :D :D :D :D

Anonymous

Mon May 23, 2005 10:52 pm

Right,
4d at alton - unlikley - height restrictions
4d at thorpe - possible but they getting stealth next year
4d at chessie - doubtful but yet possible, anyone notice that word from chessie is quite and has been for a bit now.....