UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

dont replace, refurbish

Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:51 pm

i think they should just update corky, that will save quite a bit of money, how they can update it, i dont no, replace bits of track, update the cars, they have been there a while since after those streamlined red ones.

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:00 pm

Give corkscrew some new trains, a lick of paint and it will run for ages. :)
......The one and only... :sus:

themeparkdude
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:57 am

It will just take too lon to replace things etc. They should just rip it down.
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

barryzola

Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:02 am

I personally liked the style of the old trains. I think they should introduce new cars in the same style as those. I dont think they should take the corkscrew down until it has reached the end of it's life (in relation to health &safely etc). It's going to be a very big thing when the corkscrew finally carries it's last riders.

Andyc Nemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:21 am

I think Corcky should stay, the running costs are low, the queue is always short and i usually use it for the last ride of the day. First time i went on it, it did hurt, then onwards though, it was fine, you know what to expect and for its age its still a good ride.

It is part of the heritige of AT, adn that is another reason it should stay, age is (In my opinion) not an issue as long as it is safe. The mad ride at BPB, that mouse thing, looks like its falling apart, everytime a train comes past the whole structure moves, thats still a great ride.

AT needs to keep some heritiage, and this is part of it. AT needs a mix of old rides and intense new ones.

Corcky will be there for years, new paint, and Rita is built around it, i think that says another of what AT think of it.

themeparkfreak
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:18 pm

I dont think Corkscrew should go, I love its old, retro feel, it makes it unique from any other coaster in the park.

nancarrow
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:16 pm

I think Alton should replace the Corkscrew with a (sigh) B&M floorless, which has the same basic Layout as Corky. This keeps everybody happy then, it may not be the the same coaster but it allows us to remember what came before it as a sort of 'monument' to the Corkscrew.

I totally agree. But the corkscrew is rather compact and it maybe difficalt to fit another coaster in the compact area. With the corkscrew you sit close the the rails while a floorless sits you highier up with your feet dangling. They might need to chop down a few trees and fit it around rita.

towersart
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:58 pm

"themeparkfreak" wrote:
I dont think Corkscrew should go, I love its old, retro feel, it makes it unique from any other coaster in the park.

Somehow, for some reason, I dont belive it is going anywhere for a good while :P

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:49 pm

With the corkscrew you sit close the the rails

You actually sit with your feet below the rails due to it having outside track

BlackHole2006
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:52 pm

I Think nothing should replace corky full stop. its a great peice of alton hisory and a great ride. I love riding it and it was great riding it when I was 8. Itsan exelent ride and it seems to fit in with the ug land theme. Just a lick of paint on the cars and trains and it would be as good as new. :D
This is my dignature. For now.........

Greeny
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:57 am

Corky should go and be reaplaced with something like DInosaur at Disney or Jurrasic park at US

SweetChinMusic123
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:47 pm

well, with the adition of RITA, which is quite clearly taking over as the headline ride in UG LAND, i reckon that when corkscrew goes there will be a complete retheme for the area. Having had a drag racing ride, i reckon a rally ride would be good. this could either be an Intamin plug 'n' play woodie (the only thing AT lacks for me is a great woodie) or something like Rhino rally at BGT, which the terrain at AT certainly has the potential to provide.

Hades29
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:19 pm

Corky is cool. i say let her go till she cant anymore. ok it may not satisfy all of us in the thrill states but shes been around for ages and deserves our respect. i take a spin everytime im at A.T just because its a legend of alton towers and you never know when your latest ride on her is actually your last. an example for me was when we lost Black hole. i was gutted and wished i couldve rode it more times before its closure.

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:45 pm

I would maybe like to see it have new cars and a retheme to give it a new leese of life? Perhaps add something to the middle of the ride? A lake with a fountain? A volcano?

Also wrap the large supports so they look like large bones. Also making the station one hugeee Brontosauras head and have a spine section of theming down the camel backs on the left hand side before the brakes. Add new trains to this and perhaps a few queueline tvs giving a story and the old girl will be good as new! Maybe adding a tunnel section?

Who knows. However if she was to go, I would like to see a dark water ride (themed like caves) in its place with a splash pool, moving dinosaurs the whole nine yards.

An indoor coaster, again themed like caves. I think it could make an interesting ride. The Ug Land theme would go with anything! Thats whats so good about it! If none of these were possible. It would have to be a well themed

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:11 pm

Does anybody know whether Corky has had those comfier restraints put in place because at the start of the 2005 season there was only one fitted with it.

Personally I like the Corkscrew but only go on it once, at most, whenever I visit. I would miss it though because it will always be thought of when I, and other people, think of Alton Towers. But, I think it will be around for at least another 5 seasons basically because it's recently had a repaint and has Rita wrapping around it at some points.

But in it's place if, or when, it does go I would like another dark ride although this probably wouldn't happen. Maybe another rollercoaster like a wild mouse but make it a Wild Dino one. Just ideas! Anywho whatever replaces Corky would have to be good because AT wouldn't want people getting angry that such a legendary ride was replaced by a rubbish one! Anyways I would predict another 5 years before we see anything happpen.

Matt :D

joshua333
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:30 pm

I think the corkscrew was the ride which started alton towers. sure it has annoyingly painfulll restraints but they can be fixed with new trains but corkscrew should not go (partly because my dad helped build a bit of it when he was 16 because he needed a summer job)
SAVE THE CORKSCREW :!:

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:17 pm

When Corkscrew does go, they might have a bit of a problem if they want to develop that area, as the Rita queue line now cuts off the Corkscrew site from the rest of UG Land. Instead of directing any new ride's entrance around the side like Corkscrew's queue does at present I'd scrap the Rita queue and start all over again with it, getting rid of those horrible cattle grids, and enabling the possibility of a theme queue.

Also, I found it a bit strange that they decided to create that eating court and put the UG Mobiles under Rita's launch, because at the moment there are two very distinct parts of the area, and so it would have been better to open the path up under the launch and maybe have had those tables and pay-game more towards the UG Swinger end, which seems quite quiet at present.

fizzog
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:01 pm

I think Corkscrew has done its time in the park. Classic though it may be, it didn't half make my head hurt, lol. I had an idea for a re-theme of Ug Land called 'International Speedway'. With some flags added and some more futuristic style shops and eateries (and a concrete floor with road markings), I think it could work. Not only does it fit right in with Rita, but it presents an obvious place for some newer thrill rides, (most tend to fit in with a Speed theme).
FIZZOG

divyking
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:24 pm

"fizzog" wrote:
I think Corkscrew has done its time in the park. Classic though it may be, it didn't half make my head hurt,

i agree, the ride did put alton on the map but it is painful, slow boring and not a ride that is worth queueing for

iriderides101
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:52 pm

i think if the corky goes hopefully it won't i think an Xcar should replace it and then retheme ugland completely into thunderrock rally and then move ug swinger elsewhere