UK theme parks from another point of view!

m4++
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:14 pm

I would loved to have ridden Thunder Looper, looks like a brilliant ride, also the Haunted House before it changed. Don't know why I never went on Haunted House had loads of times to, regret it now :(

aledaerials
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:50 pm

I rode the thunderlooper, 1001 nights, alton beast and the alton mouse! The alton mouse terrified me so much that i cried my lungs out!
Mines a jack and coke thanks...cheers!

AstroDan

Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:21 pm

I think i have ridden all the major rides at Alton Towers over the years, although I would have liked to have ridden the Four Man Bob, just because it would have been another AT coaster to tick off, not because it looks/looked anything special.

I'd love to watch the Fountains in the theatre again and I would love to have another explore of the Model Railway. Both classic pieces of Alton Towers history that I miss to this day!

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:47 pm

I would have liked to have ridden

Thunderlooper
Beast
1001 Nights
Tristar
Turbo Star
Doom and Sons
Around the World in 80 Days
Alton Mouse
Energizer
Haunted House

What annoys me is that I could have ridden the last two but I never did.
I would also have liked to get more rides in on Black Hole since I only got to ride it once in 2004 and then it closed

John
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:37 pm

The only ride I missed out on and should have gone on is energiser, the year I'd planned to go on it turned out to be the year it was removed.

Other than that I thought thunderlooper looked amazing, but it was removed before I was tall enough to ride (not that I'd have been brave enough anyway!)

Joel the Ripper
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:01 am

I would have to say the original Haunted House, I went to AT about nine years ago and I was 8. We went around the park anti-clockwise so we were coming to mid afternoon by the time we got to Gloomy Wood. Now then, I have always LOVED ghost trains/horror themed rides since I can remember so as you can guess I waited ALL day for this moment, and then when we got there my excitement got the better of me and I gave myself a headache :oops: :x ! And so, I had to sit there with my mum as my dad, big brother and little brother (little brother only to last five minutes in there only to come out screaming about a "little girl in a house" :lol: ) I was gutted to say the least. And I never have been to AT since, HOWEVER, this coming Thursday I'll be going for the first time in 9 years which means Ill be finally tall enough for Nemesis and Ill finally be able to step inside The Haunted House/Duel :P . Im new here by the way, hello everyone :twisted: ...

Con
TT Member
TT Member

Thunder looper

Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:17 pm

I would have enjoyed going backs through a loop because I only know one other Backwards rollercoaster and that is X No Way Out at Thorpe park and it doesn't go upside down (and is just a really crappy ride all together).

I never been to Alton Towers when it was there and The first time I went I think nemmy had been around for a while. Missed it by quite a few years.

LONG POSTS GIVE ME HEADACHES

AstroDan

Re: Thunder looper

Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:21 pm

"Con" wrote:
I would have enjoyed going backs through a loop because I only know one other Backwards rollercoaster and that is X No Way Out at Thorpe park and it doesn't go upside down (and is just a really crappy ride all together).

You should have ridden Missile at American Adventure, or Revolution at Blackpool.

Missile is re-locating to Pleasurewood Hills for next season, so take a trip and ride 'Wipeout' - Vekoma Boomerang featuring backwards inversions!

nemesis_nut
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:55 am

I wish i could of gone on Tunder Looper it looked so fun :cry:

Steve in labour
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:18 am

Omg that means Pleasurewood Hills will have a good ride lol. only live 20 mins from it :P

UltimateDingbat
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:03 am

I wish i had been able to ride a number of rides before they were retired:

Alton Mouse
Thunder Looper

Im chuffed that i got to ride the alton beast i loved that ride! I only rode it once before its retirement
Don\'t like me learn to put up with me

Big D
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:56 pm

I considered a rude answer about wishing to ride......but thought better of it.

Thunder looper, the beast and the black hole. Like i keep saying i'm an Alto Towers noob, my first visit to ride was last october, and my family keep going on about how much fun these were to ride so much so that i feel left out
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.

Will
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:07 pm

I wish I could have gone on a lot of rides:

Energizer
Dynamo
Thunder Looper
Haunted house
Toyland tours
Black hole

They all looked great fun but Black hole was taken out just before my first visit :(

UltimateDingbat
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:52 pm

Black hole was excellent for a thrill, but toyland tours was a kids classic
Don\'t like me learn to put up with me

Ryan Kingdaka
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:34 pm

I wish i had ridden The Thunder Loop, it looks a fun ride from what i've seen in pictures(i wonder what happened to it)?

barryzola

Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:06 pm

I made a quick video/montage celebrating Thunder Looper a couple of weeks back. It's nothing special so don't beat me up. The music is dodgy too. I just stuck it on youtube so have a quick look if you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBqHqdNK12s

There is actually a bit of ride footage on there but not loads. Thanks to all the people who's pictures/video got ripped off. Nice one :P

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:30 pm

Thanks for that Barryzola. A lot of pictures I have never seen! :D

Notice the difference in the Aerial Pic of it to today's aerial pics. Hardly any trees around Nemmy's queuelines.

Oooo, and those videos. The rattle from it, hehe, didn't realise it made that loudish noise! Also the onride. Seems really slow (the launch that is), but anyhoo. Thanks again Barryzola!

Matt :D

Anonymous

Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:56 am

Gret little vid there Monsieur Zola. Happy memories. :D

barryzola

Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:56 am

No probs. Thought it was about time someone put a load of thunder looper stuff in one place. :)

Anonymous

Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:58 pm

i wish i could go on thunderlooper, i was to young :cry: i'm 13 now and at the time i was something like 6cm short :x although i went on corkscrew at 7 :twisted: