UK theme parks from another point of view!

kalvaza
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat May 29, 2004 6:58 pm

you know whan you say BARELY a blotch on AT records, does that mean there mabye is a tiny little one? :P

Jay12
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 29, 2004 7:37 pm

I was on R.M.T and the lap bar came a little loose and that was sorter scary
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.

Anonymous

Mon May 31, 2004 1:39 pm

"kalvaza" wrote:
you know whan you say BARELY a blotch on AT records, does that mean there mabye is a tiny little one? :P

When I say barely a Blotch lol What I mean is this :-
Every accident has to be reported, weather it's to do with a ride or not. So there have been a few reports where people have fell or been hit by something in the parade (when it used to be there) Nothing serious and nothing to do with the rides for what I could find.

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:22 am

AT pride themselves on health and safety in the park. What someone said about the B&M OTSR malfunctioning is impossible. 99.9999% chance of it happening. Some people really need to get a life before trying to lie to people who actually know things about rollercaosters/AT.

Anyway... someone asked about 2 seat belts. This is known as the 'fat seat' yes. Would i be right in saying it has a few more notches to allow for a wider chest dimension? This is covered by having an extra seat belt so it can expand a bit more? :o :?

Phantom
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:03 pm

well there was a B&M accident the other day wasn't there?
Gerstlauer Fanboy <3

Phantom
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:11 pm

it's on CF somewhere i think
On Saturday around 3 p.m., there was an incident involving Rajun Cajun and someone being injured. I was in line to ride it when it broke down for a few minutes. After about 15 or 20 minutes they got it working again and everything seemed fine. However a minute or two later, the ride stopped abruptly. One car was probably halfway through the course, while another one was near the top of the lift hill.

The next thing we saw was one of the ride-ops nearly sprinting away, evidently to find some help. A few moments later 2 or 3 paramedics were rushing to the scene. Apparently somebody was injured. Some people around the scene were saying that a person was hit by one of the cars, while others "thought" someone fell from the ride. So nobody really knew what happened, but something very serious was taking place.

Later on in the day we saw that same ride-op on the other side of the park. So we asked him what happened and he said he was unaware of any incident. It was obvious that he was told to keep quiet about this incident.

The ride was shut down for quite some time, however we noticed that it was running again around 8 p.m. So we went over there to ride it and we heard several people discussing what had happened earlier. When we got to the station the ride-op at that time was telling everyone that no information was being released at that time. From what we could gather, it seemed that one of the guys working on fixing the coaster was still on the ground when he might have been struck by one of the cars.

So this is all the information I have learned about this incident. This is not a rumor. I saw it with my own two eyes, as did many others who were in the area at the time. Somebody was injured, but the question is how.

I apologize for making this so long, but I wanted to paint the best picture I could so everyone could understand what transpired. I hope this thread doesn't lead to a bunch of speculation and false rumors, but I can assure you that something very serious happened
sieve from that
Gerstlauer Fanboy <3

Anonymous

Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:40 pm

Ok, So here are the only VERIFIED accidents that have happened at Alton Towers according to the Database where I got my information (officail sources confirm any of this) And you'll be pleased to know that not ONE of them is due to ride failure, more to Stupidity!
An Air ambulance was called to Nemesis, it wa'snt clear why but they stopped the ride. It's beleived it was merely someone who needed an ambulance and completely unrelated to the ride.
Then on the 30th of May a young man stepped into a restricted area on nemesis and was struck by a car travelling at station speed! And that's it. There have been other accidents but not to do with the rides, well not as such. For example, a couple of idiots threw some coins into a car of Nemesis when it was at high speeds and cut a womans face, another one is that (probably the same idiots had it been the same day) threw stone at the people on Air when it did the "corkscrew" part of the track. Another woman is currently trying to sue Alton Towers because she say when the AIr brakes stopped on Black Hole her restraint bar was'nt locked and shot her to the front of the carriage breaking her ribs! Hmmm.... so, Alton Towers 1 - Liars trying to make money - NIL!

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:35 pm

Another woman is currently trying to sue Alton Towers because she say when the AIr brakes stopped on Black Hole her restraint bar was'nt locked and shot her to the front of the carriage breaking her ribs! Hmmm.... so, Alton Towers 1 - Liars trying to make money - NIL!

she should count her self lucky, the bar does more damage when closed once those harsh breaks are apllied
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

spinwhizzer
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:49 pm

But how will that help fat people?

Wednesday
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:17 pm

Because the fat people will realise that they are far too fat, and will go and lose some weight.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:21 pm

Because the fat people will realise that they are far too fat, and will go and lose some weight.

but what if its not eating thats the problem.. some people are just fat without doing anything. i feel sorry for those type of people.

Sazzle

Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:54 pm

Topic title : Harness Failure
Current posts: 'Fat' People

Do I really need to remind you? ;)

Thanks!

Anonymous

Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:17 pm

I thought fat people werent allowed on the rides anymore :?:

Elecx
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:38 pm

Easy on the 'Fat', some people are sensitive you know! :?
- Craig Smith

phillipvass
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:24 pm

The other day I was queing for Oblivion and we saw a really fat bloke and he looked as though he had made the train fall because he was so heavy. Also as I got onto the ride a fat bloke sat next to me. He pulled the bar down and it wouldnt close so a staff member had to literally jump up and down to push his bar on him. Basicly u should have to be a certain size cause if your so big you just won't get in. SAY NO TO OBESITY. :wink:

Jay247uk
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:11 pm

OMG!! I sat in the fat seat on Nemesis, People must of thought I was dead fat, im dead thin! OMG Ive got a photo in the fat seat!

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:57 pm

isnt it uncomfy?

Jay247uk
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:59 pm

What for bigger people to go on rides? Or for me to sit in the "fat" seat?

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:21 pm

both

Jay247uk
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:24 pm

I didnt notice it was uncompy, but then it was the first time id been on it