UK theme parks from another point of view!

Big C
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers: What Ever Happened To?

Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:02 am

"swes" wrote:
Did there used to be three coasters in coaster corner? i can remember the beast and the quite dangerous mouse :shock: but im sure there was another but can't think what it was. Anyone know?

There was the Mini Apple in coaster corner as well as the other 2 mentioned above.

I think i know the answer but i wasn't sure: Why has submission's second arm not been in use? Is it beacause they can't be bothered to get more staff to run it or does it cost to much. Submission when it's not suffering Technical difficulties has a 10 - 25 minute queue. So might as well use it on busy days. Or is it just broken and not worth fixing?
Secret submission lover.
Who doesn't love that comfy piece of chance?

I am a brass band nerd, deal with it!

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:24 pm

"swes" wrote:
Did there used to be three coasters in coaster corner? i can remember the beast and the quite dangerous mouse :shock: but im sure there was another but can't think what it was. Anyone know?

After checking the dates in the History section the other roller coaster was 4 man bob. The Mini Apple was also on the edge of coaster corner, as mentioned above.

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:33 am

Culdn't think where else to put this really...

The Skyride was bult in 1987, and I presume it was built with all three stations when it opened. But, there was nothing in Forbidden Valley area pre-1990. I understand they built the station with the intention of creating a new area, but from 1987-1990 what was this station used for? Did the Skyride stop here or just carry on?

:)

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:50 am

Originally there was no Fountain square station (this was before 1987). So the ride travelled to what is now forbidden valley in 4 people carts. At this time the park was still known for its gardens so riders would travel to FV and walk through the gardens.

In 1987 the ride was extended into the Skyrider and so the carts would have continued to stop at what would become Thunder Valley for the same purpose it was originally designed. There is some interesting facts about it under the past rides section.

tidy_martin
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:12 am

as for submission 2nd arm it has been broken for years and towers could not be bothered to order in the parts for it if they did order them in it would then break on the arm they use and it would go into the working side

alough this year you will see both arms working at somepoint as they are both fixed and ready to use !

joshc807
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 12, 2010 7:03 pm

Seeing the Black Hole now is making me upset, they have done alot of work to it to make it look so new :D

Nemesis8ofRita
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 12, 2010 10:35 pm

What ever happened to the waterfall under the Stall Turn on Nemesis; just aster the Zero-G roll, I'm sure there was one there.

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 12, 2010 10:49 pm

"Nemesis8ofRita" wrote:
What ever happened to the waterfall under the Stall Turn on Nemesis; just aster the Zero-G roll, I'm sure there was one there.

Its still there, but was broken for a while last season.
It was certainly working a few weeks ago and looking fantastic.

Mi-Nigle
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 14, 2010 9:16 am

What ever happened to the Nemesis Nosh bus? Does it still reside on park? That was a cracking piece of themeing!

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue May 25, 2010 5:50 pm

"Mi-Nigle" wrote:
What ever happened to the Nemesis Nosh bus? Does it still reside on park? That was a cracking piece of themeing!

Check the first post mate, alot of things have already been answered in this topic so no point repeating ourselves. :)

I suppose I will have to make the effort to update the list again... urgh... :|

velocitysurfer
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:57 pm

"Nightfall" wrote:
In 1987 the ride was extended into the Skyrider and so the carts would have continued to stop at what would become Thunder Valley for the same purpose it was originally designed. There is some interesting facts about it under the past rides section.

I remember riding the Skyride in its first year of operation:

As you went into Thunder Valley station, the doors opened and the ride operators told you to stop in and ride all the way to Festival Park - you couldn't get out and walk back through the Gardens as you could with the old cable cars.

When the Thunder Looper opened the following year, it was the only ride in that part of the park - and I still miss it today!

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:06 pm

"velocitysurfer""][quote=""Nightfall" wrote:

I remember riding the Skyride in its first year of operation:

As you went into Thunder Valley station, the doors opened and the ride operators told you to stop in and ride all the way to Festival Park - you couldn't get out and walk back through the Gardens as you could with the old cable cars.

When the Thunder Looper opened the following year, it was the only ride in that part of the park - and I still miss it today![/quote]

Ah, so for 3 years the thunder valley station was pretty much unused?

[Archive]

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:42 pm

So staff would spend all day alone in a forgotten end of the park telling guests to stay in their cars? Sounds like a rather strange system! Even a bit eerie I would imagine. It would have been a very long walk through the Gardens if they did let people out though.

Pricey ;)
TT Member
TT Member

Dynamo As It Is Today

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:40 pm

Anybody remember dynamo? The best ride ever? Well ive found this video of how dynamo is this curren day, enjoy! :)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OzOseWLo0g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OzOseWLo0g[/url]

Alex Tyler
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:09 pm

What happened to the 8th car on Spinball Whizzer/Sonic Spinball

rickydoodle
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:31 am

"alex tyler" wrote:

It stacks with seven!

TB2
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:46 pm

"alex tyler" wrote:

Will either be going through refurb away from the ride or will be on the transfer track and bought on if a fault develops with one of the cars already on the main circuit.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:34 pm

Why did they take the Pedals off the Squirrel Nutty's ride?

Voke
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:04 pm

"Themeparksandy1981" wrote:

Throughput issues I guess. But I can't be entirely sure.

SAW_gameover
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:09 pm

"Voke""][quote=""Themeparksandy1981" wrote:

Throughput issues I guess. But I can't be entirely sure.[/quote]

? The ride wasn't actually powered via Pedals, they were just there so the kids could think it was etc.
[size=125]http://www.ukparknews.co.uk
UK Park News - Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource