Page 1 of 12

If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:12 pm
by SpinballEdders
If you were able to bring back ONE past Alton Towers ride and that ride would remain at the towers FOREVER what would it be? you can also choose to bring back a past theme e.g the haunted house before it was rethemed to duel

Re: If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:45 pm
by addy2503
Boneshaker in x-sector where it was apparently more intense. Simply because I never rode it.

Re: If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:38 pm
by Tom G
The Tea Cups.

Re: If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:22 pm
by Ritadz
Thunder Looper, move Blade to MB and scrap that piece of Huss 5hyte known as Ripsaw forever.

Re: If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:53 pm
by CoasterCrazyChris
"Ritadz" wrote:
Thunder Looper


You mean that knackered, noisy and now ancient ride with no theme?

No thanks. :|

I think the original Haunted House would be top of my list.

:)

Re: If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:19 pm
by Ritadz
Old and knackered? No theme?

Old and knackered basically is Forbidden Valley's theme mate. ;)

And anyway, have you never heard of renovation or re theming?

Re: If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:16 am
by Stelios7
Boneshaker as well, but themed in the DF as TH13TEEN's vines out of contol.

Re: If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:45 am
by Don't_Look_Down
The New Beast.

One of the best roller coasters in the history of AT. That blue flying monstrosity doesn't deserve to be in its place :P

Re: If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:53 am
by .Will
"Ritadz" wrote:
Old and knackered? No theme?

Old and knackered basically is Forbidden Valley's theme mate. ;)

And anyway, have you never heard of renovation or re theming?


Not really sure how you can judge when stopped opperating in 1996 and you would have been 1 or 2 but there you go.

Thunder Looper isn't what FV is today. Not at all.

:|

Re: If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:04 am
by DDF14
"Stelios7" wrote:
Boneshaker as well, but themed in the DF as TH13TEEN's vines out of contol.


Brillant Stelios exactly my vision too. I would buy a brand new Mondial Supernova (Energizer/ Boneshaker) would theme the gondola like a beaten up coach / bus with the vines twisted and creeping all over the place. Run on a top setting the ride is quite thrilling but still very good for families.

Thunderlooper is a tough one because it is a good old ride but I think Towers are past that level now. They should have created a launched coaster or modern ode to it rather than ever try to emulate it.

Re: If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:15 pm
by Ritadz
Will, judge what?

Re: If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:07 pm
by SheikhSam
I'll be honest, I'm never keen on the idea of the boneshaker returning, I never got to ride it as it was closed the year I was born, but I've been on travelling versions of the ride and sat in disbeleif how over rated it was. Truely the most worthless boring attraction I've ever ridden, Hated it.

Re: If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:47 am
by Adam James
For me it has to be Toyland Tours - although the queues were never long (or sometimes even existent) when I went on it, the ride quality and theming was second to none.

Riding it as a child, it really felt magical. :yes:

Re: If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:32 am
by CoasterCrazyChris
"SheikhSam" wrote:
I'll be honest, I'm never keen on the idea of the boneshaker returning, I never got to ride it as it was closed the year I was born, but I've been on travelling versions of the ride and sat in disbeleif how over rated it was. Truely the most worthless boring attraction I've ever ridden, Hated it.


I have been on one at Terra Mitica. Granted, it was probably run on a poor setting, but my goodness it was boring and sick inducing.

Still, I think we'd rather have it than nothing at all as is the case now.

:)

You say it closed the year you were born...surely you can't be referring to 2003? :?

Re: If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:21 am
by Big Dave
Corkscrew! Without a shadow of a doubt and with the old cars, not the newer heavier, rubbish cars!

Re: If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:12 am
by Stelios7
"CoasterCrazyChris""][quote=""SheikhSam" wrote:
You say it closed the year you were born...surely you can't be referring to 2003? :?
[/quote]

That's what I thought, he couldn't of joined TTF as a 6 year old, he must be referring to the first time he went.

Re: If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:18 am
by Big Dave
Boneshaker was Energizer for a while. Maybe he/she is referring to when it got renamed, however it was Energizer first and then changed to Boneshaker later so....

Re: If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:43 pm
by .Will
"CoasterCrazyChris""][quote=""Ritadz" wrote:
Thunder Looper


You mean that knackered, noisy and now ancient ride with no theme?

No thanks. :|

I think the original Haunted House would be top of my list.

:)[/quote]

"Ritadz" wrote:
Old and knackered? No theme?

Old and knackered basically is Forbidden Valley's theme mate. ;)

And anyway, have you never heard of renovation or re theming?


No it's not it just hasn't been looked after very well. What has "renovation" or "retheme" got to do with anything the Forbidden Valley theme was added when Nemesis was build Thunderlooper was left untouched.

It had a very basic station and platform and didn't fit in to the new area at all. Not the reason it was removed but it is clear they weren't to bothered about either Thunderlooper or the New Beast being there because they didn't even attempt to retheme them.

Image
(Photo from Alton Towers Almanac)

This photo proves my point.

Re: If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:00 pm
by RyanY
That picture shows how much FV has changed.

For me its got to be the black hole because I never rode it :(

Re: If You could bring back one past ride?

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:36 pm
by QTXAdsy
Image

'nuff said. :(