UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:59 pm

Welcome to TTF Bushboy2!

It is a shame AT has changed like this.
Back then there was free parking! :D
Cheap Food!
The Magic!

My first visit was in 2003 and I still felt the magical atmosphere.
But I just wish Id visited before and felt the real magic!

bushboy2

Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:01 pm

my first visit was 1995 when i was only 10.. still managed to get on Nemesis and was lucky enough to get a ride on thunder looper too!... dont remember much of it tho which is a shame. Heh, i even rode blade and dynamo when they were next to the black hole!

ive been to the park pretty much every year since except last year where I didnt go atall.

i think Alton started to loose its magic with the introduction of the fast food outlets. Ok, it always had fast food outlets but i meant macdonalds, KFC and Pizzahut. I remember eating (and being waited on) in the restaurant opposite the RMT... now a KFC. Surely, the whole point of a theme park is to make you feel like you really are in an african village, or on a futuristic military base, but when everywhere you turn is a macdonalds sign or KFC right in your face, it kinda ruins it.

Anyway, a little off topic :P

mozza99
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:41 pm

i remeber the magic as you rode in on the monorail and the big street ahead of you it was a wonderfull feeling :D i agree with bushboy keep the magic while you have it

bushboy2

Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:05 am

I remember when the monorail even used to talk to you! Thats magic

Anonymous

Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:41 am

If you want to see the old hotel advert that has nemesis in it and the tea cups, peter rabit, go on ere http://www.atdatabase.co.uk/downloads/altontowers.htm it isnt that interestin tho!

liam2063
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:09 pm

Has anyone got a copy of the old oblivion ad? I havent seen it in years :(

Anonymous

Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:50 pm

I've got a copy from a site, I can't remmber the name though, I'll start a little hunt now!

fanm
TT Member
TT Member

other ads

Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:47 am

I remeber one in (around) 1997 where these kids are asleep, they hear a noise, open a closet door and enter the magic world of Alton Towers. I may be wrong, I was only 6 at the time.

Am I right? And does a file exist of it?

Thanx
Argh! REVISION

daboywunda
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:01 am

If u can bare with it... the advert for the hotel where things in the hotel change to things in the park is here

http://www.prideinpineshop.co.uk/alton_towers.WMV

although, it's been edited to advertise a RCT3 recreation.... but the full advert is there, just in bits

daboywunda
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:16 am

BTW, none of the links work!

The themeparkstuff page doesn't have the oblivion adverts on there.... has the spinball whizzer one tho... i don't think i've EVER seen it!! Damn Vernon Kay! The Thrush of the TV world!

I would LOVE to see the original Nemesis adverts... I've never seen them!

And the one where the children go to the closet... isn't that a Disney Land advert?

I think that Oblivion's adverts were by far the coolest that I've seen. That's an example of a well targeted ride campaign!

Nemesis_140
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:38 pm

Here is a request lol

does anybody have a high quality:

advert with Gloomy Wood, Swan boats morphing, The Towers, RMT, Nemesis....ya know the ad i mean

The nemesis advert

thats it 4 the time being
lol

lilg2004
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:51 pm

I remember when I was like 6 pr 7,seeing the one of the inside of the hotel,and then seeing real swans turn into the swan boats,.I really want to see the Nemesis advert so badly! Never seen it at all.

I also liked the oblivion one where a person on the ride starts to sweat.the sweat drops down into the hole and the train catches up with it! Amazing. anyone know what im talkin bout :?

jamesdbradley
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:41 pm

daboywunda, do you have that RCT3 recreation to download for me at all please. It looks ace and would love to have a go on it. Thanks. :D
Just to jog your memory.

"daboywunda" wrote:
If u can bare with it... the advert for the hotel where things in the hotel change to things in the park is here

http://www.prideinpineshop.co.uk/alton_towers.WMV

although, it's been edited to advertise a RCT3 recreation.... but the full advert is there, just in bits
[/quote]

Phantom
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:35 pm

I'd love to download the Original Oblivion advert with the 30 second one and the 10 second one, not the weird one with Phantom Of The Opera on it.
Gerstlauer Fanboy <3

Anonymous

Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:56 pm

Dave, matey, next tim e you see me on MSN, I do believe your on my list I'll give you a clip which has the 30 and 10 second ads in it! Just ask & I'll send

jon18uk
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:48 am

http://www.atdatabase.co.uk/downloads/a ... _hotel.zip

has got to be the best advert! It still ahs the magic!!! Thats what altons all about not big scary oblivion or Rita but the magic of the hotel and the gardens and the tea cups!! Thankfully Russell and his team are realising this year that the little things really do matter!!

doomey
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:07 am

OBLIVION!
DONT LOOK DOWN..THIS RIDE IS PERFECTLY SAFE.

I sampled the advert on a music file I made for the game RCT-2, head over to my web site.. www.rct2-downloads.com, and head to music if your interested. :twisted:
twitter : doomey