UK theme parks from another point of view!

madmanwill
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Uttoxeter Travelodge

Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:03 pm

hi all :W

im looking to go to at for a couple of days but i have hit a blank with where to stay
at hotel is too expensive and i am considering the Uttoxeter travellodge but i know nothing about it. So me being me i have a few questions.

:?: whats this travelodge like?
and
:?: whats the best way of getting to at for opening time (or as near as physically possible) using pedestrian transport?
and
:?: how easy is this travel lodge to get to by public transport?

cheers in advance

Will :W

barryzola

Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:19 pm

I went to AT for 2 days last week and stayed at the uttoxeter travelodge on the wednesday night. I cant help you with public transport as i drove but i can say that it is very near to a couple of main roads so it stands a chance you'll get a bus in the general direction of AT. The road route to the Towers from here is too simple. Do you know where the quarry is in uttoxeter with the mcdonalds slightly up the road next to the island near a little chef? The travelodge is next to the little chef. The rooms are very basic but if it's just somewhere to stay for the night then it does the job for the price which is reasonable (cost me £46). Hope that helps in some way.

madmanwill
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:50 pm

Thanks for that

im thinking that as soon as i get details on publice transport to/from the hotel and at im gonna book
the time im looking at is currently being quoted at £26 for the night : :shock: .

will

barryzola

Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:37 am

How come it's so cheap? I hope i did'nt get ripped off. Probably just because of the time of week and stuff i booked or something?

madmanwill
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:17 pm

theyre doing something called saver and super saver deals
saver deals=£26 a night
and
super saver deals =£10 a night (but it seems not at this one)

on another note how easy is it to walk to/from the train station to the travellodge?

will

barryzola

Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:21 pm

I think the train station is just a couple of mins past the mcdonalds if my memory serve's me right whilst driving past. I would'nt know how to access the train station exactly though. Maybe someone else will know.

Kraken
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:15 pm

Looking at the map (www.streetmap.co.uk) & what I know of Uttoxeter, I would guess you are looking at a 10min walk from the Train Station to the Travelodge (at an average pace + assuming you'll have a bag of sorts to carry).

Anonymous

Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:40 am

The nearest Hotel to Alton Towers is NOT the pricey ALton Towers Hotel or Splash Landings. Its a bed & breakfast 4 minutes walk from the main gates! Clean rooms, very friendly welcome. Look up their website for lists of local places to stay

http://www.doctorsatwork.co.uk/mypersonalsite/

slickmick
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:33 am

OK, as i live in uttoxeter i'm probably quite a good person to reply to this :)

The travelodge is a good 20minute walk from the station, however it is on the 32A bus route to the towers. The bus can be caught from the bus stop outside spar (which is next to the travelodge). Theres a bus just after 9.15 which will get you to AT for 9.40ish i think

also to get the rooms for £26 you have to book a week in advance.

Hope that helps

barryzola

Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:39 am

That's not a bad offer to be honest. I think i might take advantage of that offer soon. Cheers for clearing all that up.

slickmick
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:19 am

The £26 offer is superb. The rooms are pretty decent for that much money, obviously i havn't stayed in the travel lodge in uttoxeter, but i stayed in London Battersea for £26, stayed a couple of times for various visits down there, the rooms are basic but pretty awesome for £26. I'm presuming all of them are the same throughout the country inside. Seems like a good cheap option if you need to stay overnight.

Anonymous

Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:52 pm

"slickmick" wrote:
The £26 offer is superb. The rooms are pretty decent for that much money, obviously i havn't stayed in the travel lodge in uttoxeter, but i stayed in London Battersea for £26, stayed a couple of times for various visits down there, the rooms are basic but pretty awesome for £26. I'm presuming all of them are the same throughout the country inside. Seems like a good cheap option if you need to stay overnight.
Hey, I'm going to AT in just over a week & staying in the Uttoxeter travel lodge. What's there to do / where to go in Uttoxeter? It'll be a Monday night & I'll have my 13 yr old nephew with me.

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:00 pm

Very little to do really. Places to eat, but it sorta dies down after 7 o clock. Dont exspect anything :P

barryzola

Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:30 am

Ok, now i need help. I just tried to book a room again for this week in the uttoxeter travelodge but they're fully booked apparantly. I need to know of any other decent places pretty local which charge under about £55 a night. Thanks for any suggestions.

P.S - When are the kids off school? Im thinking of booking one of the saver deals in advance for a future trip but i don't want to go when the schools are off. Cheers.

allyouwant
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:41 pm

I'm off next week/ week after. But i think some schools are off this week/ next week. :)

easier then a gmtv competition question!

slickmick
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:10 am

schools in uttoxeter broke up on wednesday and are off for anotehr 2 weeks yet.

In regards for things to do in uttoxeter, very little for younger people to be honest, theres a couple of nice pubs in town for the over 18's - quite a walk into town from the travelodge though, at least 20mins.

Porsmond
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:14 pm

You're lucky, I can never seem to get the Uttoxeter Travelodge for £26, the nearest I can get for a £26 rate is a Travellodge on the A38 near Burton Upon Trent,Its still 30 mins away from Alton Towers, but still decent enough to save some money on a hotel

AstroDan

Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:16 pm

Drive to Stafford for an evening out. It's more pleasant than Stoke (sorry!) although there is less choice! :P It's only 20 minutes down the A518.

Stafford has a Holiday Inn Express (J13 M6), a Premier Travel Lodge (A34 roundabout), A Travel Inn (A34 roundabout) and some other hotels too all priced under £60 per room per night.

About 30-35mins drive from the park entrance.