UK theme parks from another point of view!

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Hi All from Florida USA

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:17 pm

hi all

Just saying that I'm over in the USA in the sunshine state :) where the temprarture is approx 30C :D and has been for the last 2 days I've been here since Monday when I landed at 4.00pm local time at Orlando Internatinal Airport. I am staying in a 5 bedroom villa with pool I will be here until 11th May.

Anyway I am going to attempt to do daily trip reports (when and if I get time lol)

(All times mentioned are USA Time and approx times)

Anyway to start

Monday 24th April 2006

Arrived 4.00pm

Got hire car 530pm approx

Drove to villa

arrived vlla 630pm

villa looks great

went to supermarket

went to Macdonlds

went back to villa

Tuesday 25th April

Went to Wet and Wild great there with loads of slides and the lazy rivers brillant along with the wave pool

After went to Ponderosa anybody been there before? the foods great and the buffets huge.

After went tothe old town where there a great coaster and bungee rides and various smaller attractions and lots of shops great atmosphere there.

As it was then 12.00 midnight we went back to villa.

Today we are going to Isles Of Adventure we will be setting off soon it is now 1015am

Will write again soon

Altonator
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek

AstroDan

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:19 pm

Sounds epic. But I won't give you the satisfaction that I am jealous, so i will say i am not.

D'oh!

Jnewcombe
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:34 pm

aww , i wanna be in florida , hope ya enjoy yourself will be reading your trip reports

Jon
42% of Statistics are made up on the spot!

AstroDan

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:36 pm

I am going to go to Florida in 2009 with my housemate.

It's going to be awesome.

Although, I must confess, I really want to go to Magic Mountain too!

Joe from the IOW
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi, hope you are enjoying yourself in Florida, wnet there last year and went to the Pondarosa, and he's right, the buffet is massive and then once you've finished your meal you get to go to the deserts buffet which is also massive.
Anyway; Didn't go to Wet and Wild but i highly recomend Typhoon Lagoon. Also as you may ind, Islands of Adventure is mauch better than any of the parks there.

Oh yes, if you get the chance go to Stone Mountain, it's in gorgia but does'nt take long to get there, it's great and theres loads to do.

Anyway, have fun and say hi for me!
For all the Latest News and Media on the Isle of Wight\'s favorite attraction visit . . .

www.behindthechine.i8.com

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:41 pm

Aww you are so lucky! Tell me everything about Islands of Adventures as i will be going for the 1st time in the summer holidays :D.

Can't wait to read your trip reports! :D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

adricorbo73
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:52 pm

Hi ye ponderosa on international drive is kl but SIZZLERS is so much kler. Go to it, its much better quality same sort of set up aswell. Its on international drive further towards sea world tho mmmmmmmmmm. i wish i was there lucky git :( . Have an amzin time anyway :D :D
Bring me Fun, Bring me Sunshine Bring me Love!!!(WWJD)]http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/5559/air1copy5ke.png[/img](sig by matt!)

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:34 pm

Thanks for the replys :)

Anyway sorry about the delay but here is a report from Wednesday 26th April - Isles Of Adventure

We had a great day at Isles Of Adventure on Wednesday :)

We arrived at 11:45am and the park was open until 7:00pm

Went on SpiderMan 1st which was a brillant ride it certainly beats CATCF

Some people went on the water rides next Dudley Do-Rights Ripsaw Falls, Popeye and Blutos Bilge-Rat Barges and Jurassic Park River Adventure. I decided not to go on these as you got absoluty drenched.

Anyway we had lunch at 3:15pm at The Burger Digs. Next we went on the Flying Unicorn which is a great litle / family coaster

We then headed over to Dueling Dragons which was closed for annual maintence until June :roll: - no closed season here

So we headed to Poseidons Fury which was good but not if theres a huge queue.

Talking about queues most were advertised at between 15 and 30 mins :) altough most queues were less than the advertised time :)

At 430pm we watched 8th voyage of sinbad show very good.

Went to Seuss Landing - Cred St should look like this. Cat in a hat ride is closed until summer.

Next Incredible Hulk which was brillant :) and there was no queue went on twice it starts by climbing the lift and then lanches like rita so many twists and turns great ride :) .

At 4:45pm we went back and had 1 more go on SpiderMan as it's a great ride

After we looked in the shops and left at 6:30pm

Got pizza and Macdonlds and went back to villa.

Trip report from yesterdays visit to Magic Kingdom will be up shortly :)

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:50 pm

Heres the trip report from yesterdays trip to Magic Kingdom :)

After finishing breakfast at Ponderosa 11:30am we headed over to Walt Disney World (WDW) and arrived at the parking lot and boarded the tram at 1215pm. We then went on the monorail and entered the park at 1250pm and headed down Main Street towards the castle looked great twinkling in the Florida Sun :)

First we went on Stichs great escape which was a great ride after this we went to Tommorowland and went on Tommorowland Indy Speedway (2:00pm) which was great. After this we went on Buzz Light Years Space Ranger Spin. Next we went on Tommorowland Railroad (240pm) which gives you loads of great views of the park :) After this we went to Main Street to watch the Share a Dream Come True Parade(300pm) which was very good.

After this we went Frontierland and went to board Splash Mountain but the queue was 60mins so we decided to board the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad but it had closed due to techical problems so we boarded the WDW Railroad (405pm) and went round in a complete circle. We then went on Space Mountain twice using fastpasses went on both tracks - great ride there 1st time Ihad been on it. We then went on the Jungle Cruise (620pm) Next we went to watch Cindrellabration at the front of the castle (650pm) which was good. After this we went to Liberty Square and to The Hall Of Presidents quite intresting but it was a good oppuruity to get a sit down. After this some of use (not me) went on Splash Mountain (730pm) using fast pass and after this we went on the Big Thunder Mountain RailRoad we must of queued for about 1hr and by the time we rode it was dark and the park looked really magical whilst going round it was nearly 900pm so after getting a few bits to eat fries etc in Frontierland we headed outside and waited for Sectromagic (the WDW / Magic Kingdom light parade. I have seen this parade on my last 2 visits to Florida and it is brillant - anyone seen it? The music and all the lights are so magical and theres a brillant atmosphere in the air :) .

Anyone who visits WDW has to come and see Spectromagic after this we when to the front of the castle and watched the fireworks which are also brillant - it's a good job the Ropers don't live here lol :lol: :lol: .

It's so magical especially when Tinkerbell glides across the sky. After the fireworks it was 1025pm so we went and rode the Haunted Mansion where there was no queue another great ride I like the bit where you see yourself in the mirror with the ghost in the car with you After this we went on Pirates Of Caribbean (1045pm) which was great and also walk on After this we headed to the bottom of Main Street and watched the 2nd show of SpectroMagic (1100pm) which was great again :) after this we headed up Main Street (1140pm) which looked really magical all lit up :) we went back to the car and went back to villa and arrived back at 1230am.

Not sure whats going on today yet but I will hopefully post again tommorow :) .

Altonator

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:06 pm

Friday 28th April

Yesterday we just had a day relaxing round the pool at the villa and a couple of american friends who were in the area came to visit us. In the evening we went to Harry Ramsbottoms british pub for a few drinks (to show the Americans what a british pubs like) The pub was very realistic :) . After this the Americans left (915pm) as they were visiting someone else as well so we went for tea at Sizzlers were the the food was really nice :) I think the evening buffet at Sizzlers is better than Ponderosa but Ponderosa has the best breakfast buffet After eating we went back to the villa.

I think today we are going to the coast.

Will post again soon. :) :)

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:42 pm

Saturday 29th April

We left the villa a 11.30am and started the drive towards Coco Beach it was very sunny when we arrived at 1.15pm. On the way we saw the Disney Cruise Ship in the harbour :) . We parked up and walked along the beach for about 45mins and it started to cloud over so we headed off the beach and went and looked in Ron Jon Surf Shop (2.00pm) - which is huge and is open 24hrs. After this we went to Macdonlds which was across the road. We left at 400.pm and headed towards Kennedy Space Centre - we weren't going in we just had a quick drive around it so that we could say that we had seen it altough we couldn't see the launch pad from the areas we drove round. We left Kennedy Space Centre at 4.50pm and went back towards Kissimee and we went to Disney Quest we arrived at 6.15pm. We did loads of things in Disney Quest - to much to mention here but the best bits have to be Cyber Space Mountain :) (rollercoaster silmalator) and Pirates Of Caribbean Battle For Buccaneer Gold. I also brought the Cyber Space Mountain DVD of
our ride :)

We left Disney Quest at 9.10pm and had a walk around DownTown Disney went it the Disney Candy Cauldron which was great theres so many sweets :) theres even Toffee Apples. We also went in Magnetron a shop which was full of Magnets and finally we went for a walk around Planet Hollywood and it was great in there :) theres so much to look at - we are thinking that we may go to eat there sometime We left DownTown Disney at 9.50pm and went and got some takeway Pizzas from Pizza Hut and we went back to the villa.

Today I think we are going to Seaworld.

Will post again soon :) :)

Moley

Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:32 pm

Pirates Of Caribbean Battle For Buccaneer Gold. Remember going on that with my dad a few years back, a real laugh that is :lol: Gets almost impossible near the end though.

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon May 01, 2006 2:21 pm

Sunday 30th April

Yesterday instead of Seaworld we went to MGM we arrived at 1230pm and went to Indiana Stunt Spectatlor (115pm) which was good after we went on Star Tours (200pm) which was great we then went to Muppet Vison 3D (210pm) great special effects in there. :) Next we went to the Lights,motors,Action Extreme Stunt Show (230pm) which was great :) :) After this we went to watch Beauty
and Beast (400pm)
Next we went on Rock and Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith (430pm) and brought a pic that is one great ride - so fast :) . We then watched the Disney Stars And Motor Cars Parade (5.00pm) which was really good. Next we went on Tower of Terror (530pm) using Fast Pass. Then we went to Sounds Dangerous a show that you sit in the dark and listen to all kinds of sounds in headphones. We then went on the Backlot Tour Studio Tour (545pm) which was really intresting and Catastrophe Canyon is great :) :) After walking around for a bit and having something to eat we headed over and watched Fantasmic (the night show) which is brillant :) :) - anybody seen it? It is really magical with all the lights and fireworks anybody who goes to Disney has to see Fantasmic After Fantasmic we left the park (930pm) and went back to the villa.

Today we are going to Animal Kingdom :) :)

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue May 02, 2006 1:36 pm

For yesterdays report I am going to list the times and attractions we went on as I don't have alot of time.

Monday 1st May 2006

Animal Kingdom arrived 12.00pm

Panjani Forest Trail 12.30pm

Train to Consvertation Station 130pm

Looked around Consvertation Station - very good

Train back to Africa 2.00pm

Rode Kilamanjaro Safari 2.35pm - brillant attraction best one at Animal Kingdom so much to see

Maharajah Jungle Trek 3.15pm

Kali River Rapids 3.40pm - great ride

It's Tough To Be A Bug (inside Tree Of Life) - another brillant attraction it's a great laugh 4.00pm

Watched Mickeys Jammin Jungle Parade at 4.35pm (starts at 4.00pm)

Went on Everest twice once using Fast Pass and queued once as the queue was only 20mins. Brillant ride and theming well done Disney. Put it this way you go up, down, forwards and backwards.

When we left Everest we noticed just next to it there was some building work going on and there was a crane there with coastersteel written on it.

We left Animal Kingdom at 5.30pm.

Merchandise Brought Everest ride photo.

Next we headed over to Epcot.

We got to the car park at 620pm.

We entered the park and went on Test Track twice 6.50pm - another great ride. Afterwards I got a pic.

We then went on Soarin at 8.45pm using Fast Pass - another great ride very realistic.

We then went and watched Illumanations at 9.00pm which was really good.

After this we went to Macdonlds and went back to the villa.

Today we are going to Busch Gardens

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed May 03, 2006 2:47 pm

Tuesday 2nd May 2006

We left the villa at 8.15am and went to Kissimee Old Town and caught the courtersy coach to Busch Gardens which left at 9.00am and is free if you have a Orlando Flexi Ticket :) :) .

We arrived at 11.00am and went on Gwazi at 11.35am we queued about 30 mins - this was the longest queue all day Gwazi was a good ride .

After this we boarded Montu at 11.50am - that was a great ride :) just like Nemesis but higher up.

We then caught the train at 12.30am and did a complete circit around the park which lasted about 35 mins.

Whilst on the train the driver was telling us about the park and when we went past Sheikra he said it was only the 3rd kind of it's type in the world and the other was in? (G4) and there was also one in England(Oblivion) :) :)

After this we went on the Rhino Rally which was great so much to see and the driver was a laugh We then caught the skyride from Crown Colony to Congo some of use rode Stanley Falls Flume 2.40pm and then we rode Sheikra at 2.50pm - no queue it was a brillant ride :) :) altough you couldn't see as clearly down the drop as you do on Oblivion unless you were on the front row. After I got a onride DVD :) :) At 325pm some of use went on the rapids and after that at 3.45pm we went on Kumba again there was no queue that was another great ride. After this we went on Python (Same as Corkscrew) at 4.00pm and I rode on the front row We then went back to the Rhino Rally 4.15pm but the queue was to big so we went and looked in the Myome Reserve at 4.30pm. After this we headed back to the coach and left at 5.25pm we were suppose to leave at 5.00pm but we were waiting for another passenger to return.

We arrived back at Kissimee Old Town at 6.35pm.

We went back to the villa for a while and then went to eat at Las Vegas Buffet massive selection of food to eat and it tasted nice :) :) After this we went to Disney and went to Pleasure Island (10.00pm) and spent a couple of hours there then we went back to the villa 12.30am. Pleasure Island is good but I prefered it when I was younger and when they used to celebrate new years eve every night there was a great atmosphere then.

Anyway Busch Gardens was great :) :) I would of rode each ride more than once but we just didn't have the time if we had driven down there we could of stayed until 7.00pm but it is quite a long drive so we thought it would be easier to catch the coach as it was free.

Anyway today we are going to Typhoon Lagoon :) :)

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri May 05, 2006 2:17 pm

Wednesday 3rd May

We went to Typhoon Lagoon so theres not alot to write except that we had a great time in the lazy river and in the wave pool afterwards we went to Golden Carrol and the food was great.

Afterwards we just had a drive down International Drive which looks great at night.
:) :)
Trip Report from yesterdays trip to Seaworld will be posted shortly.
Last edited by Altonator on Fri May 05, 2006 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri May 05, 2006 2:39 pm

Thursday 4th May

Had a great day at Seaworld yesterday.

First we went to Ponderosa for breakfast.

We arrived at Seaworld at 12.25pm

First we watch odyssea at 1.00pm which was good.

At 1.45pm we went to Shark Encounter which is really intresting.

At 2.45pm we went to Wild Arctic.

At 3.00pm we went to the Shamu Stadium and watched the rehearsal of the new Shamu Show known as The Making Of Believe the - show starts propery in the summer but it looked very good what we saw.

After this at 4.45pm we went to Stingray Lagoon and at 4.55pm we went to Dolphin Cove which is great Dolphin Cove has to be one of the best attractions at Seaworld .

At 5.20pm we went and watched Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island whick is a great laugh :) .

After this (5.55pm) some of use went on Jorney to Atlantis.

At 6.05pm we went on Kraken and that is a brillant ride it lasts for agers :) :)

We then went to Penguin Encounter at 6.15pm and to Manatee Rescue at 6.35pm.

We then went back to Dolphin Cove at 6.45pm.

After this we left at 7.30pm.

Seaworld is great and is quite relaxing

At 7.45pm we drove down International Drive and after this we went to Golden Carrol at 8.00pm.

After this we went to Kissimee Old Town and stayed until 11.00pm and then went back to the villa.

Today I think we are going to Blizzard Beach :) :)

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun May 07, 2006 3:20 pm

Friday 5th May

Not alot to write about today as we went to Blizzard Beach which was great :) :)

We arrived at 12.30pm and first we went on Lazy River which is massive in fact went round twice and twice again later in the day. The skyrides great for taking pics from as are the views from the top of the mountain where Summit Plummit is located. We also went on the raft ride which is great.

Thats about it for Friday.

We left at 6.30pm and got a pizza and went back to villa.

Report for yesterdays trip to Universal Sudios will be up shortly :) :)

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun May 07, 2006 3:43 pm

Saturday 6th May

Had breakfast at Golden Corral - I must say the evening meal is better than the breakfast they do

We then went to Universal which was great :) :)

arrived 12.30pm

Heres the rides / attractions we rode

12.50pm Terminator 2
1.35pm ET great ride esspically at the end - anyone whos been on will know what I mean
1.50pm Animal Actors show - a great laugh
2.35pm Earthquake - another great ride
3.30pm We watched the Fear Factor show - which was very good
4.30pm we rode Revenge Of The Mummy - a brillant coaster
We then watched the Horror Make Up Show - which was a great laugh
5.20pm we rode Shrek 4D - another great attraction
6.00pm we rode Twister - very good
6.45pm we went on Jaws - that has to be one of the best rides at Universal Studios it's a gret laugh
7.00pm we rode Men In Black - great ride

After looking in the shops and walking around the park we left at 8.00pm

After we went to Golden Corral for tea which was once again really nice

After we went back to Universal and went to City walk we arrived at 10.30pm. City Walk has a great atmosphere and theres so much going on. Anyway we stayed at City Walk until 11.45pm we then went back to the villa.

Not sure whats happening today yet but I will post again soon :) :)

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed May 10, 2006 4:44 pm

Sunday 7th May

First we went to Brinson Park (1.30pm) which is quite close to the villa and theres a huge lake and we saw a aligator swimming in the distance. At 4.45pm we went to DownTown Disney for a walk around and at 5.50pm we went and rode in a helicopter with Orlando Helitours which was great we flew over DownTown Disney and Typhoon Lagoon and various other places (pics when I get home) they did fly over MGM, Epcot, Isles Of Adventure and Universal (along with DownTown Disney and Tyhoon Lagoon but it costs more to go there) At 7.00pm we went back to Brinson Park and after that we went to Golden Corral for tea and went back to the villa after.

Trip reports for Monday and Yesterday will be online soon :) :)