UK theme parks from another point of view!

The_Storyteller
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 10, 2006 5:00 pm

Here's a trip, try a "Perkin" Dinner, I remember them being really nice last time I went. otherwise, sounds like your having a really good time.

I\'m here to kick backside and chew fruit pastilles, and guess what, I\'m out of fruit pastilles...

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed May 10, 2006 5:14 pm

Thanks for that The_Storyteller might go there if we have time :) :)

Anyway heres the trip report from 8th May.

First we went to Boggy Creek to ride on an airboat we arrived at 10.10am and boarded boatat 10.50am

It was great we saw a few alligators swimming around and we also went up really close to one that was sitting on the side of the lake. After this at we went to Seaworld and arrived at 12.30pm

At Seaworld we went to

Whale and Dolphin Theature at 12.40pm

Atlantis Bayside Stadium at 1.25pm - great show

Wild Arctic

Looked into Shamus Happy Harbour (kids area) and saw Shamus Express (new kids coaster which opens in the summer so it says on the map) with the trains themed and shaped like Shamu.

Lunch (2.40pm) at Hospitality Deli.

Shark Encounter (3.35pm)

Penguin Encounter (4.20pm) the lights were on this time so we could see alot more and it was a great laugh

We then went to Pacific Point Preserve to look at the Sealions (4.40pm)

I then went on Kraken where the queue was only small (4.50pm) and it was great once again I then went back to the to Sealions

At 5.30pm we went to watch Clyde and Seamore take Pirate Island which was a great laugh.

After this we went to ride the SkyTower (6.10pm) but it had closed due to the wind so we went over to Dolphin Cove (6.20pm) which was great the dolphins are great to watch if anyone goes to Seaworld you have to go to Dolphin Cove We left Seaworld at 7.20pm.

As you can see we didn't have time for Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach so after Seaworld we went to DownTown Disney (8.00pm) and went to Planet Hollywood. We had to book a table and this was for 9.00pm so we went and looked in the shops I must say that Virgin Megastore is huge. :) :) Anyway we got to Planet Hollywood at 9.00pm and they took us to our table. The atmosphere in there is great we had live link ups with the Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas and the music was great as was the food and the milkshakes.

We left Planet Hollywood at 10.20pm and went back to the villa.

Trip Report for yesterdays trip to MGM and Epcot will be up soon :) :)
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed May 10, 2006 6:52 pm

We arrived at MGM Studios at 12.45pm and went to Jorney Into Narnia Creating The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe at 1.10pm the theming was good in there. After that we went to Who Wants To Be A Millonaire - Play It (1.40pm) which was great - I didn't realise the American Show was filmed here I thought it was a replica studio. After that we went to see Voyage of The Little Mermaid (2.20pm) the special effects used in this show were great :) :) After this we went to The Magic Of Disney Animation and found out what the newest Disney film is it was good in there. Next we went on the Disney MGM Studios Backlot Tour which was great this time we were driven through Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show Set which was good. Next we went to Walt Disney One Mans Dream (4.10pm) - there were some great models of Disney landmarks in there including the castles from Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Disneyland Paris as well as models of SpaceShip Earth (Epcot), Tower Of Terror (MGM), the Tree Of Life (Animal Kingdom) and the ship and mountain in Typhoon Lagoon and the Mickey Sorcers Hat which is at MGM and the Rapids Ride (DisneyLand Tokyo I think) After this we went on the Great Movie Ride where the staff were a great laugh during the tour (anyone whos been on will know what I mean) After this we watched Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade (5.30pm) I think the MGM Parade is connected with the new film we found out about earlyier on in The Magic Of Disney Animation the new film is out in June. Anyway we left MGM at 6.00pm and headed towards Epcot.

We arrived at Epcot at 6.30pm and first we went on Spaceship Earth which is a great ride after this at 7.10pm we headed over to World Showcase.

We only went to Mexio and on the boat ride (7.50pm) and then to Norway on the boat ride Norway has the best ride. At 8.20pm we went back to Future World and went in The Living Seas (8.30pm) which is great so much to see in there we left The Living Seas at 9.00pm and went to look in the shops.

We left at 9.50pm got a pizza and went back to the villa.

Today the others have gone to Clearwater but I decided to stay at the villa don't know what we are doing later yet.

Will post again soon :) :)

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun May 14, 2006 9:47 pm

I am now back in the UK. Below is what we did in the last few days.

10 5 06

As I menioned above the others went to Clearwater and I stayed at the villa. In the evening we went to Sizzlin Grill for tea and to the Old Town.

11 5 06

After we had packed all our stuff we left the villa at 11.30am and went to DownTown Disney to check our luggage in (we flew with Virgin Atlantic and they do early check in at DownTown Disney) after this we looked around the shops for a while at DownTown Disney and it started to rain so we went back and sat in the car and drove over to the Disney Market Place and it then rained really heavy this lasted about 20mins. Once the rain had stopped we went into Disney Market Place which was great it's huge and so much to look at :) .

After this we started to head towards the airport. We called at Walmart on the way back and went to Macdonlds and we then stopped at Florida Mall and had a quick look round. After this we went to the airport we took the car back and then went into the terminal and went though Security not long after we had got there since we had done early check in. We boarded the plane at approx 7.30pm and took off at 8.00pm (USA time) approx.

12 5 06

We arrived back at Gatwick at 9.00am (UK time) and by the time we had passed though security and clecked our luggage it was 10.00am so we got some breakfast from Macdonlds and sat around for a couple of hours at 12.00pm we boarded the coach and caught the coach back to East Midlands Airport (National Express Airport) and we arrived at East Midlands Airport at 5.00pm approx and we then got picked up and went home We got home at 6.00pm.

Great trip / holiday rode so many coasters. Had loads of great food As for the weather it was great and it only rained twice :) :) Hopefully we will return soon :)

Will post again soon with a selection of pics :)

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 15, 2006 10:42 am

Sounds like a great trip!

Im doing something similar with my family in the summer, im going to all the major parks in Florida and im really looking forward to it!

Looking forward to your pictures, that was an interesting read by the way! :D

Ash

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 15, 2006 10:43 am

Sounds like a great trip!

Im doing something similar with my family in the summer, im going to all the major parks in Florida and im really looking forward to it!

Looking forward to your pictures, that was an interesting read by the way! :D

Ash

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 15, 2006 10:48 am

Great trip report! Sounds like you saw ALOT of florida, good mixture of the parks, and other parts probably not many people go to, as you didnt stay in the parks all the weeks. Although im sure it was very tempting :P

Glad you had a great trip. Hope theres pictures! :P

m4++
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 15, 2006 11:19 am

Wow I'm jealous I wanna go lol, went last year it is brilliant I think I'm going next April though, yay!

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon May 15, 2006 9:47 pm

Thanks for the replies and all of you who are going to Florida soon have a great time :) :)

Anyway heres the first album of pics enjoy :) :)
http://altonator.myphotoalbum.com/view_ ... me=album26
What do you think of the pics?
More pics soon

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon May 15, 2006 10:48 pm

Pics taken at Magic Kingdom can be seen here :) :)

http://altonator.myphotoalbum.com/view_ ... me=album27

More pics soon :) :)

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu May 18, 2006 9:56 pm

Heres some pics taken at MGM Studios - including pics of Rock and Rollercoaster :) :)
http://altonator.myphotoalbum.com/view_ ... me=album28

More pics soon. :) :)
Last edited by Altonator on Thu May 18, 2006 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu May 18, 2006 10:06 pm

Heres some pics taken at Animal Kingdom - including pics of Everest :) :)

http://altonator.myphotoalbum.com/view_ ... me=album29

Gashead
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 18, 2006 11:46 pm

Man looking at them makes me wanna go back so much :-( Glad you had an excellant time though

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat May 20, 2006 8:19 pm

Heres a few more pics for you :) :) this time it's pics of DownTown Disney and Disney Waterparks see the pics here
http://altonator.myphotoalbum.com/view_ ... me=album30
more pics soon :) :)

Anyone know how long Water Mania has been shut down?
http://altonator.myphotoalbum.com/view_ ... r_parks_21

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat May 20, 2006 8:31 pm

Pics of Epcot can be seen here :) :)
http://altonator.myphotoalbum.com/view_ ... me=album31
more pics soon :) :)

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat May 20, 2006 8:51 pm

Pics of models of Disney rides and attractions displayed in the Walt Disney One Mans Dream Exhibition at MGM Studios can been seen here
http://altonator.myphotoalbum.com/view_ ... me=album32

Lauzi
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 20, 2006 8:53 pm

Great pics, looks like you had a good time. I hope to go to Florida one day soon, been waiting forever! :(

oliver4alton
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 20, 2006 9:11 pm

WOW Everest looks fantastic, i am going forida soon (in about 30 somthing days) i cant wait to ride Everest, tell me was she good!
oliver4coastersUK is now oliver4alton (i had to re-register \":-?\" )

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat May 20, 2006 9:40 pm

Everest was a great ride it is my second best ride at Disney - Rock and Rollercoaster is my number one ride.
Anyway pics taken at Seaworld can be seen here :) :)
http://altonator.myphotoalbum.com/view_ ... me=album33

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat May 20, 2006 10:11 pm

Pics taken at Busch Gardens can be seen here :) :)
http://altonator.myphotoalbum.com/view_ ... me=album34