UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Mayhem Camping It Up™?

Wed May 03, 2006 2:14 pm

Hello! :W

Well, a lot of us have rooms at Splash Landings sorted out for the Friday night prior to Saturday's official meet.

But a lot of us do like to stay on the Saturday night and have a few more beers and do the park on the Sunday as well.

As I doubt many of us would be able to afford the hotel on the Saturday night, we were wondering who would like to Camp It Up™? :P Craig and I are definitely thinking about it, we'd go to our usual place near Cheadle, which is around £10 per night per tent.

For anybody who's not been on a Camping It Up™ trip, you do not understand how FUN they are! :P Lots of beer and fun!! Go to http://www.croftybaby.co.uk, click on the TTF Meet videos, scroll to the bottom and watch Camping It Up2 for an idea (a very loose idea, the cameraman was having too much fun to film all the really funny bits tut :P).

Post below if you'd be interested in doing this so we can book the campsite ASAP! :W

stokywolf
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 03, 2006 6:23 pm

I am interested, but i will need to be cheeky and ask can i share a tent with anybody?

27th-28th will be the dates of that weekend for anybody who doesn't know.

Just like the last few times, i will be there for the fun and NOT the beer, so stop worrying Kaycee :wink: (im kidding :D ).

Hoorah! I hope that people will camp, im gutted about missing the july camp it up, so this would tottaly make up for it! :D

I'll be getting another anul pass this year so just need a tent to sleep in, if anybody is kind enough? :D. If not i'll sleep up a tree, or providing any nearby hills are knocking about then up there if Vik cant help me out! :P
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz

AstroDan

Wed May 03, 2006 6:27 pm

I won't be able to, but i'll try and make the July one. I am going to by a bounceback ticket so that it costs me less next time.

I'm sure it would be fun, but never mind!

x-Jade-x
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 03, 2006 7:52 pm

Ohhh, now i know its a camping trip, I'll try extra hard to go :D
Im not sure how, yet, But I'll find a way :W

Jay12
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 03, 2006 8:10 pm

Im up for camping it up on Saturday night, have a few tins and a kick around :D sorted.

* I am not the ball :) *
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.

Williscroft

Wed May 03, 2006 9:43 pm

Yup i should be able to come :) just got to buy my tent from home bargins first, only £11.99 now thats what you call a bargin. :) and why you not there for the beer stoky or am i being dum and missing something.

Ant

Wed May 03, 2006 9:51 pm

I dont have a clue weather im camping or not yet I have not even sorted the hotel out yet got to get that done before its booked up. Well Im going to look into the cheapo Tents Williscroft mentioned at home bargains :P thats if I can get one up here in Liverpool if not im fooked and will be sleeping out on the grass in a sleeping bag :P

I will bring a crate of booze for all and a bottle of Malibu for meeeeee ya

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 03, 2006 9:52 pm

I will stay over if I can stay in someone's tent, saves me travelling an hour back then an hour there to get there the Sunday. Otherwise it is just the Saturday for me. :(

At least I am there for the Saturday. :D

Tom. :)

evil cod

Wed May 03, 2006 9:56 pm

around £10 you say?
if its about that price yeah sounds good :D if people can put up with me that long
but. . . (theres always a but) would someone be able to give me a lift to the campsite (and back to park the next day)?
also how much and how big are the lockers at customer services?

Oh and I may have room in my tent but carnt remember how big it is :s

Nick

Wed May 03, 2006 9:58 pm

I'll see if anybody has the Sunday booked off work and i'll report back this Saturday. I might need to share a tent if anybody can?

I'll be able to drive anybody from the park to the campsite and back again
Last edited by Nick on Wed May 03, 2006 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stokywolf
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 03, 2006 9:59 pm

The lockers are £3(i think, its around there) for ONE peice of baggage, Sucks dont it?

evil cod

Wed May 03, 2006 10:01 pm

is there a size limit on the baggage?

Nick

Wed May 03, 2006 10:04 pm

Anybody can feel free to dump their stuff in my car for the day if they want too

stokywolf
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 03, 2006 10:05 pm

Can't help you on that dave. Though i think they can easily take a big rucksack in. Don't qoute me on anything, but if you'v got 2 peices of baggage try sticking them or the contents into one big bag and see if you can or not.
i remember having to fork out £6 so that my "backpack" and JCB bag with good handles could be kept there and DStone had to pay £3 for his one camping bag complete with tent.

AstroDan

Wed May 03, 2006 10:09 pm

OK, i'm a maybe now! I've had a think, and, I could probably make it. But i don't have a tent; unless I can get hold of one from home - nor do I drive. :-?

I'll say if im a definite ASAP.

(anyone able to offer a spare place in a tent / lift to the site please let me know)
Last edited by AstroDan on Wed May 03, 2006 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 03, 2006 10:11 pm

Ill be up for a bit of camping it up me thinks. Better check my tent out, see what state its in after months in the garage.

2 Berth tent, but barely room for me having had a few to many pork pies, so unlikely anybody else could squeeze in. Though can offer a space or 2 in my car for anyone that needs a lift, providing I can find the place again of course. :roll:

Will the yellow "Rave" tent be making an appearance?
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Ant

Wed May 03, 2006 10:17 pm

Anonymous

Wed May 03, 2006 11:38 pm

Haha. :D

ANT! Get SL Hotel sorted, pronto! I'm dead excited about you and Sammie being there, it's gonna be so much FUN! :W

There are three spaces in Craig's car, I imagine we'll take Ray (as always :roll: and does he ever pay petrol money? No! :P :lol: LMAO JOKE), but we'll take whoever else needs a lift as well if we got room. So evil cod, astrodancer, don't worry about lifts, there's ALWAYS spare spaces. :D

Jay, are you definitely coming now after what you said earlier?

Jade - fat chance. :P

Ant - get it sorted mister! Report back to me. ;) :lol:

So excited (I'm really not a sad person in general, I'm just very excitable about pretty much everything as Craig will moan to you about). :D:D

Anonymous

Thu May 04, 2006 12:11 pm

booking it off work tonight hopefully so yea, yea, yea!

Evil cod, theres space in my car but im coming down Friday afternoon as im in splash landing Friday night. I can bring you back to shatfield on the sunday too.

I do require a tent tho, well I say that I can just see me being a drunken mess and pasisng out somewhere. Im gonna order some cheapo booze from my brewery delivery man woo.

Anonymous

Thu May 04, 2006 8:07 pm

If people could post below if they are DEFINITELY planning on camping, how many tents they're bringing and how much spare space they have, that would be great.

Something like:

"I am definitely camping.
I have ONE tent.
I have two spare spaces for other people"

Then sort out in this topic who is sharing with whom.

I'd like to book the campsite by the beginning of next week so we can definitely get in. :)