UK theme parks from another point of view!

jim2002
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

26th august, behind the scenes

Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:19 am

i am guessing it will be very busy due to being bank holiday wkd yeah? are all rides ok at the moment and in running order (excludng the obvious rmt)? what rides do the behind the scenes lot get onto with their passes during the day to miss the Qs?

Nick

Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:21 am

Trip Reports from the previous 2 tours in this topic here; CLICK!

barryzola

Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:13 am

Well, got back last night at about 10.20pm after the tour finished at around 9pm. Wayne did a great job of the tour, especially as the guy who was supposed to be helping him didn't make it due to unforseen circumstances. Tony the engineer type manager guy was really informative and enthusiastic too. Also thanks to all the other staff who did their bit.
I met Uncle Dan and Marky.com for the first time just before we started the tour and i spent most of the day with them after that (thanks for letting me hang around). They seemed like really decent and interesting guys. I also spoke to Karen who was really nice, and also briefly with the other young chap with the camcorder who is a member of this forum.
I managed to go up the flag tower but i was too s**t scared of heights to make it to the top of Air's lift hill (half way was enough for me). Like an idiot i also managed to spill diet coke on my top and on the board room floor. :roll:
We managed to do everything we could have hoped for and i had a good day overall. I'd say it was a success all round. I won't bother posting my pics as there are not many and they're nothing too unusual. I'm sure someone will post some pics soon enough. We also received some news (as of yesterday) about the minetrain but i'll let someone else tell you about it. Thanks for the drink too Marky.

I also managed to pass my driving test along with some other new drivers:

Anonymous

Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:47 pm

"barryzola" wrote:
Well, got back last night at about 10.20pm after the tour finished at around 9pm. Wayne did a great job of the tour, especially as the guy who was supposed to be helping him didn't make it due to unforseen circumstances. Tony the engineer type manager guy was really informative and enthusiastic too. Also thanks to all the other staff who did their bit.
I met Uncle Dan and Marky.com for the first time just before we started the tour and i spent most of the day with them after that (thanks for letting me hang around). They seemed like really decent and interesting guys. I also spoke to Karen who was really nice, and also briefly with the other young chap with the camcorder who is a member of this forum.
I managed to go up the flag tower but i was too s**t scared of heights to make it to the top of Air's lift hill (half way was enough for me). Like an idiot i also managed to spill diet coke on my top and on the board room floor. :roll:
We managed to do everything we could have hoped for and i had a good day overall. I'd say it was a success all round. I won't bother posting my pics as there are not many and they're nothing too unusual. I'm sure someone will post some pics soon enough. We also received some news (as of yesterday) about the minetrain but i'll let someone else tell you about it. Thanks for the drink too Marky.

I also managed to pass my driving test along with some other new drivers:

AH! I thought you were an enthusiast because of your knowledge about Alton Towers history!

At least not going up the Air lift hill gave you chance to have a chat with James Paulding and my good self :)

barryzola

Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:54 am

Yeah, it was good to have a chat with you and James. I also found the driving school to be very impressive. After not being interested in the prospect of it or the construction, i was surprised at how good it looked, and you could tell that the kids were just loving it. 200 times better than charlie.

Anonymous

Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:50 am

Ended up on the tour myself, thanks to a last-minute available place due to barryzola's friend being unable to attend, along with Uncle Dan. Cheers for sorting that out - much appreciated and great to meet you at last.

The tour was brilliant - much improved from the test one and brilliantly facilitated by Wayne and Tony. Also thanks to James too.

If there are any photos that are different from the zillions already available I'll post them a bit later.

:D

jim2002
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:04 pm

i thoroughly enjoyed the tour and found it very interesting. thank you to wayne and the rest of the crew for all the information and tours. I just thought it was so good hoe enthusiastic tony and wayne and all were about their job - i thought it was brilliant! cheers guys!

Anonymous

Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:12 pm

Hi everyone who was on the tour on Saturday.
I have loved AT for ages and thought the tour was fantastic-even hubby who isn't as keen as I am. Wayne and Tony and the other team members were so enthusiastic and informative a trip to the towers will never be the same again!
It has inspired me to join TT and it has been nice to know that fellow tourers are also contributors.
(I'm the short -haired blonde lady)!
Back on the 29th for the fireworks-this time with children-and staying at the chained oak again. Hopefully might bump into anyone that was on the tour-say hello if you recognise us!
(Was it Dan that showed me has driving license and if so have you had chance to produce it yet?!)

barryzola

Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:22 pm

I remember you. Welcome to the forum. Yep, i think that was Uncle Dan who showed you his "Driving License". Could also have been Marky.com though.

Anonymous

Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:51 pm

Hi picksy and welcome!

I think I remember you. Did you have a red backpack?

Those driving licences are brilliant!

:D

Lon
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:55 pm

"picksy" wrote:
Hi everyone who was on the tour on Saturday.
I have loved AT for ages and thought the tour was fantastic-even hubby who isn't as keen as I am. Wayne and Tony and the other team members were so enthusiastic and informative a trip to the towers will never be the same again!
It has inspired me to join TT and it has been nice to know that fellow tourers are also contributors.
(I'm the short -haired blonde lady)!
Back on the 29th for the fireworks-this time with children-and staying at the chained oak again. Hopefully might bump into anyone that was on the tour-say hello if you recognise us!
(Was it Dan that showed me has driving license and if so have you had chance to produce it yet?!)

Hey Picksy,

Yeah it was me who showed you my driving licence, was nice to chat with you. Hopefully see a lot more of you now you're on the forum and would be great to see you on the meetups.

Welcome to the Forum:)

Uncle Dan

stokywolf
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:04 pm

Its more like a convict card than a driving license
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz

Gashead
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:17 pm

I thought the same ray

Anonymous

Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:19 pm

If ever there was a photo to put people off the driving school - that's it!

:shock:

karen1
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:33 pm

Hi guys,
I was with you on the tour on Saturday as well (I was the one with the blonde pleat in the Disney top who got soaked on the flume at 5pm and then dripped water in the board room over sandwiches and nibbles).

I love those driving licences. I'm going back to AT tomorrow with a group of mates, I can see us getting them as well!!

I agree, great tour, great people showing us around and nice to meet you guys as well.

Lon
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:00 pm

ImageImage

Anonymous

Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:24 pm

Was Divine Brown on the tour as well?!
Karen has posted some great pics that quite a few of us appear on and a detailed review on Alton Towers Almanac.
Yes I am said person with backpack-wish i'd joined forum earlier so i'd known you all better!