UK theme parks from another point of view!

Skumfidus

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:47 pm

"Timmy152005""][quote=""Titler" wrote:
OMG!

You not on about who i think you are, are you!?

The phrase legend doesnt quite cut it!

:P What phrase you want to use ?[/quote]

"No you can't jump queue is bad, very ba...........RYAN/ASH! I need help!"

or

"Excooose me cherab can yoo purlonk yoorself in this baay heere pleease"

Anonymous

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:49 pm

HAHAHA :P :P Gotta love her

Skumfidus

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:53 pm

God it'll be so cool if she can come, what a legend!

Anonymous

Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:17 pm

OK.

So people intersted in the trip so far are:

Me
Dave
Ryan
Ash
3 Others off forum

So far that makes 7. A full group. YIPPE :D

Skumfidus

Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:24 pm

Who are the others?

Anonymous

Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:29 pm

"brokenhome" wrote:
Who are the others?

Lorrena, Someone from team rita who i called joyic *you have seen him in HQ before* and someone dave is sorting out to come. Dave can say who it is :D

Skumfidus

Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:36 pm

"Timmy152005""][quote=""brokenhome" wrote:
Who are the others?

Lorrena, Someone from team rita who i called joyic *you have seen him in HQ before* and someone dave is sorting out to come. Dave can say who it is :D[/quote]

What's this rita dudes real name?

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:41 pm

And who is the person who dave knows?

Anonymous

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:52 pm

I was just checking he wanted his name put on here lol.
He's joined TTF now anyways as TOMBOL1A. Thats Tom Pritchard.

Forgot joyics name lol, just getting in touch with him as we type lol.

So the list stand as,

Tim,Dave,Ryan,Ash,Joe,Tom and Lorrena.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skumfidus

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:58 pm

"Timmy152005" wrote:
I was just checking he wanted his name put on here lol.
He's joined TTF now anyways as TOMBOL1A. Thats Tom Pritchard.

Forgot joyics name lol, just getting in touch with him as we type lol.

So the list stand as,

Tim,Dave,Ryan,Ash,Joyic,Tom and Lorrena.

OMFG! What a group! I'm in love with you all!

Anonymous

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:58 pm

Mr Pritchard, Ash! Will be a right laugh.

Anonymous

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:01 pm

I dont think we could get a better group. Going to be ace :D

Skumfidus

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:03 pm

got a nice big slice of the park from 06 too, some people I don't know (always fun) people I have worked with (lurverly!) and some people I see alllll the time! (classic!)

Oh how fun!

Anonymous

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:08 pm

Yeah a good selection from 06. Me and dave from Air, Ryan,Ash and Lorrena from Nemmy, Joyic from Rita, And Tom from Oblivion.

Cannot wait anymore :D 8)

Anonymous

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:56 pm

UPDATE.

Ive found out joyics name lol

Its joe, Soooo it stands as

Tim,Dave,Ryan,Ash,Joe,Tom,Lorrena :D

Anonymous

Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:40 pm

*UPDATE*
Following good response from the planned trip we now have 7 members wanting to go on the trip. Also we do have a few people thinking about it as well. But ATM the 7 we have are all looking positive and the trip looks like it will be going ahead. The 7 people who are interested are:

Timothy Briggs (Myself) (Team Air)
Dave Plant (Team Air)
Ryan
Ash (Team Air)
Joe Storer (Team Rita)
Tom Pritchard
Lorrena (Living in Mexico But 2006 Team Nemmy Host)

We will now be looking for people to confirm they are willing to come by getting in touch with either dave or myself. When we have the 7 we will give you a month notice before the deposit is due which is most likely to be end of april so book flights and the 12 bed villa lol (We will tell you a month before how much this amount will be)

Please keep checking back here for more infomation. Payments will NOT be talked about on any forum. We will contact you diectly for that.

Thank you and get saving :lol:

Anonymous

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:33 pm

What Tim ment to say lol was after we have all 7 people confirmed, we will give you 1 month to save up a little bit of money. The full amout of the deposit which I believe to be around £527.80 must be in before the end of April. All deposits must be handed into myself or tim in person. Please make sure that you put all moneys or cheques into a sealed envolope which clearly has written on it "Orlando Trip 2007". Cheques must be made payable to myself (David Plant). If we fail to recieve your deposit before the end of April, it is likely that u will loose your place on the trip. If you only pay a small amount of the deposit you may still loose you place on the trip and may risk not having your full deposit refunded.

Thanks
I will be in touch with you all soon.

(Edit: In addition to this event we are also planning a "England themepark tour". Start off at Blackpool Pleasure beach, we have just 4 days to travel to and experience the England's best theme/amusement parks. After Blackpool we will visit Alton Towers and refuel. Then we will travel down to Drayton Mannor and then head off to Thorpe park. Details to follow as soon has we finialise the plans.)

HighExtreme
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:40 pm

Hey guys I've been to the states a few times myself, Orlando is definitely one of the most tourist friendly places you could go, there really is no need to hire a car

The I RideTrolley Busses ride up and down International Drive stopping off at most hotels and restaurants on route, the stops are very clearly marked, you pay the fare as you get on the bus (make sure you have the right change) they go the entrances of Sea World and Wet n Wild and stop a 5min walk to Universal – this can actually save money as all American parks charge for car parking, and also save time as usually you have to park a few miles away and have to take a tram to the entrance

Getting to Disney on public transport is also very easy the Lynx busses you can take # 50 bus from Seaworld and most hotels will offer a free shuttle service to the major parks

Getting out to Busch Gardens is no problem either, they do a shuttle service from Sea World (which also picks up on I-drive south usually) this is free if you buy a 5 park flex ticket, or only a few dollars if you don’t have one

International Drive is a good location to base yourself in, as there are so many restaurants and easy access to the transport links, if you didn’t want to stay in a normal hotel (preferred the space of a Villa) there are some good apartment hotels and hotel suites available

If you really wanted to stay in a residential area Villa, some car hire companies will allow you to hire a car if you’re under 25 providing you pay a young driver supplement (around $20 each day plus tax) hiring a car in a foreign country can be quite stressful, especially after a tiring full day at the theme parks having to face driving those boring long American roads, obviously you’ll have to pay road tolls, petrol and parking fees at the parks, which may not seem like a lot but will add up over your stay

While a car is really necessary in most parts of America, Orlando is definitely a place you can relax and not have the hassle of a car, hope this has helped in some way!

Crofty

Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:09 pm

well said! :D

you can get the i-Ride pass aswell for unlimited travel for two weeks its about 13 quid. The staff on there are really friendly and if your lucky the driver will often just go off the normal route and take you directly to your stop :P

As for Disney, the lynx busses are great but you will p-robably find that your hotel will do a free shuttle and you only need to tip the bus driver. Another option is a taxi bus which there are plenty. These are like minibusses and the taxi driver will pick up about 8-10 people, its a very personal service and you can get to know your driver quite well over the two weeks :lol:

:D :D

Anonymous

Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:11 pm

Thanks anyways people. We have found someone 25 and older now anyways and is no longer an issue. I knew about the buses its just it would cost more the having a car. only coasting each of us 20 pounds for the car and would spend more then that on buses.

We will update here soon with more informtion on the trip.