UK theme parks from another point of view!

Stu
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:07 pm

Im picking up Astrodan and i believe someone called Thomas? (last min txt from dan) and we should be at the Main Gates for 9am meeting Tom and prob Dean, not sure. So at least 4 of us will be at the Main Gates for 9am for ERT for annual pass holders i assume.

Yeah like Cod said - dean might sulk, but all will be fine. hehe. Just wear much yellow as possible. Should be a good day. LOL!

RockChikrach01 yeah come say hello, im sure you'll have fun. LOL!
Ash what time you getting to park for? We need to sweet talk the Ripsaw op(s) for a nice ride at the end. LOL.

Astrodan can do his normal "Brainiac Filming at FV at 5:30pm at Ripsaw" walking around the pack telling guests. LOL!!!

LiamC
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:22 pm

"evil cod" wrote:
Yeah I can give you a lift from Derby Station then, ill PM you my mobile number in a mo and we can sort out details, Ill just warn you thou my car is abit **** as anyone who attended last weeks meet will tell you lol

Is anyone else wanting Derby around these times?

Bit late and hope you can see this. I get into derby at 8.00 was wondering if i could have a lift aswell?

Have PM'd you my mobile number anyway :)

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:56 pm

"mrstu" wrote:
Im picking up Astrodan and i believe someone called Thomas? (last min txt from dan)

Yup that's me, Dan offered i dint ask Lol. :)

Ryan Kingdaka
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:56 pm

I did tell Dan i wasn't coming, but i've changed my mind again :P On account of less than £10 train ticket to Derby, and an old train ticket thats still valid :P All costing £15 with cheap lunch. woo!

Stu
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:57 pm

LOL the amount of you going to Derby station, you could hire a coach. LMAO!!

Yeah seems Evil cod doing the Derby station run
and im doing the Utox station run.

Evil Cod and Mr Stu's TTF Taxi service. LOL

Yeah Dan is cheaky like that Tom offering rides out to people... one day he will have a car and come all the way down to Redditcht o pick me up then take me back up to Alton Towers. LOL!!

So see you at the station then Thomas... look out for a Blue Fiesta Ztec Sport car. Make dan sit in the back and you can sit in the front - sick of Dan in the front. LMAO!!! - Joking. LOL.

Should be a good day - kewl can't wait. Wear Yellow. LOL!!!

Dean

Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:33 pm

Yes see you all 2moro

Will sort Rippy op out if I know him :wink:, it's gonna be a hot one! :D

I won't sulk so wear want you want, providing it's yellow... :P

Dave

Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:27 pm

Will sort Rippy op out if I know him Wink, it's gonna be a hot one! Very Happy

you whore...

So do we have a final attendance list then? how many of us are there?

(its ok found it now)

AstroDan

Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:27 am

See all tomorrow!

Bye for now!

:)

Stu
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:42 am

I better go to bed now too, up at 6am. Night all, see most of you tomorrow.

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:28 pm

Short but sweet trip today.

Arrived at 12.30pm, as I'd been working nights, needed the sleep. Nice drive, and even though it was busy, still managed the journey to Towers in just under 90 minutes.

Called Astrodan who told me to meet them all outside Mexican Cantana place, so I somehow figured out my first ride of the day would be "The Flume", and indeed it was. I was soaked, and stayed like that all day.

Ripsaw, after one poor ride, had 2 fantastic rides, including the last ride of the day, in which we all came off dripping, thankfully the sun came out about then.

Once I update my round count, I'm thinking Ripsaw will now be joint number one with Nemesis in number of times I have ridden them both.

It was very busy today, but queues seemed respectable.

Also, did I see a sign that stated "Express Parking £12"? I hope I misread it.

Ride count:-

Nemesis 1
Ripsaw 3
Corkscrew 1
Oblivion 1
Flume 1
Rapids 1
Runaway Mine Train 1
edit Duel 1
Skyride 1
Monorail 2
Last edited by Vik on Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Magical Ryan
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:33 pm

Sounds like you had a great time, Cannot wait for some pics,
About the Express Parking I think I saw that too, It's probly another money makeing scheme AT have set up and also ot helps people who don't want to walk far or queue for the monorail,
-Ryan-

Nick

Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:35 pm

Express Parking has been around for a long time now. What I think he's getting at is that it has increased in price by £2

Dean

Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:04 pm

Well we managed 4 people in Brainiac T-shirts.

The day started to Spinball closed for XRT, so we went to Oblivion which was open, then Subway which then the others did rita and charlie, while I went and sussed out the Ripsaw ops.

Which turned out to be a very poor op in the morning, till 11 when we had a op break change and it became alot better, so with Rippy out the way over to Air with a 40 minute queue.

Then food time, then flume, rapids and mine train. But was a exciting day for things happening first thing was a door came off half off on the sky ride, which was soon sorted but we didn't wait. Next was two blokes decided to have a swim in the rapids, which caused a 15 min delay. And lastly Rita having a failed launch x 2.

After Rita we went back to FV to go on Rippy, we nicely asked for prog 4, then a few secs later over the PA we heard "NO", so ok fair enough was bit harsh no need to say anything, but the ride started on another prog and we stayed very dry, we asked the host to tell her to cheer up lol.

We had about 30 minutes left so off to duel before coming back to Rippy, and the poor op was still on, so we wasn't expecting a good ride, but out of the blue the op changed and we chanted her name and got a pretty good ride, so thumbs up to that op. "We love you!"

So rushed back round for last ride, and it kept getting later and later before the queue closed, so at 6:20pm ish the queue closed, but as we were due to get on the poor dry op from the morning came back. So not expecting a good last ride we got on, and we got the prog we asked for earlyer in the day, and we started chanting "Water" which turned the last ride into a very good one. :D

So thanks to that op too, even tho it was very dry in the morning, but as they say

The fountains are only to tease...

I'll leave you with that one! :wink: :roll:

Big D
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:18 pm

I had a fantastic day today. Thoroughly enjoyable. If not a little damp. I have ridden Ripsaw more times today than i have for the entire of this season previously. I thought the day was leisurely paced and there was lots of friendly banter.

On a side note i really must find a different route to and from the towers whilst theres road works on the b3505 i got lost in Ilam both on the way to and from today.

I am very tired now and my back is killing me but it was worth it
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.

Stu
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:27 pm

Was a great day... really fun...
Nice to meet Martin Ellies boy friend - he's cool...

Rita did 2 failed launches but soon got going again....

A door was half hanging off the Sky Ride in the station today, so we didnt wanna wait so we walked that little trip....

went on all the rides we wanted apart from Spin Ball as it was closed in the morning for ERT.

Also the 2 men that wanted to go swimming in the Rapids... god knows ho they got in there.. and they seemed drunk when they got out.

And then to end the day - we had the great Ripsaw Ride... after spending the day trying to get the ride op to give us a decent ride - and she did...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEoDc-FYw2A

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:38 pm

Short but sweet, and very very wet :P , The ride op certainly redeemed oneself. :wink:
Last edited by Vik on Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Ellie

Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:03 am

Was great fun.
Thank you Dave for picking us up.
Yellow car!
The mission to find the end of the queue to get me ticket :lol:
Ritas two miss launches.
Door on skyride broken.
People swiming in the Rapids:S.
Dave being asked for a photo by some people :lol: cause he had a brainiac top on. and some kids faces where a picture
finaly got me Annual pass =]]] the photo is terrible.
Ripsaw was funny! lol. Water!!!!! And The car back to the station didnt smell nice . we worked out it was Ryan :P.
Well i shall post photos when i upload them =]]

Ellie

Lauren
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:19 am

I suppose the other non-ttf riders were very pleased wth you lot then. :P

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:39 am

Was a great fun day.

Met new people, had a laugh especially in the Corky que line about some random things.

Although the park seemed very busy the ques all seemed reasonable, got on Nemesis 5 times with the help of single rider, Oblivion 2 times & Rita & Air once each.

Also very good last ride in Rippy :).

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:41 am

As they always are :D Its usually my fault