UK theme parks from another point of view!

Sean_
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Knightmare Media Day

Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:38 pm

Full Photo Trip Report

Sorry im so tired, and ill do a write up tomorrow.
United !

Anonymous

We went to Camelot to see Knightmare

Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:20 am

Last weekend my friends and I visited Camelot and went on their newest ride Knightmare. The ride was about 2 minutes long and I believe it goes over half a mile exceeding speeds of 43 mph (it certainly felt like it was exceeding this speed). There are so many twists, turns and steep drops my heart was up in my throat the entire time. This ride is definitely not for the faint hearted, but I would definitely recommend a trip to Camelot to try it out for yourself.

We thought that the ride would be pretty busy later on in the day and so headed there first. I had read all about it before going to the park and so I was pretty excited about going on it, after our death defying ride on Knightmare we had caught the high speed, fast ride bug and so headed off to the other fast paced rides, such as Excalibur2, Whirlwind and then onto the brilliant water rides they have at Camelot: Pendragon’s plunge and the Log Flume.

Kaycee

Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:38 am

Moved from Other Parks and Attractions. :)

martynlfc
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:13 am

Here is my trip report from my best park trip this year!

Who went - Me and UK Rides members.

Ride count -

Knightmare x 10
Whirlwind x 5
Excalibur 2 x 2
The Rack x 2
Balloons x 1
Pendragons Plunge x 2
Dodgems x 1
Log Flume x 1
Dragon Flyer x 1
Teacups x 1

Highlights -
Camelot and Knightmare being absolutely awesome!! :D
Camelot staff being awesome and catering for us all day.
Getting special V.I.P passes when we went in with our names on :)
Hot Chocloate, Cookies and Muffins at Knightmare opening.
Seeing the opening ceremony
Me getting interviewed by Century fm
Meeting Uk Rides members, Great bunch!
Getting in to Camelot for free
Great ride count and Knightmare to
Fantastic Log Flume Ride
Weather holding out just a slight spitting shower around midday to make Knightmare faster!
Knightmare being a lot better than expected!
Really enjoying myself
The 'Physcho Drop' being awesome!! And scaring me!! lol
Trying rides ive never done
Very short queus lots walk on
The day turning out an awesome birthday present!

Lowlights -

125 bus being crap and a rip off
Busting my nose on Whirlwind
Leaving to get home at 4:00 as its my birthday
The Teacups were mental! ( Nice one Chris! :wink: felt a but dizzy after)
Leaving with Colins Flume orp!! Sorry! :lol:
The day ending

Verdict 10/10 :D

Thanks Camelot for puting on an awesome day for us :) , and for letting us in free! Thanks it was awesome! :dance:

And thanks to everone who came for making it a great birthday for me :D

Knightmare is awesome, i say go ride it! Really hope it does the business for Camelot they deserve it.

p.s. Thanks Colin for dinner money and Adrian for bus fare :lol:

Here are my pictues from the day -

Opening Ceremony
Were in
Trackage
More Trackage
Trainage
Me, Chris, Adrian and Chris in the Whirlwind queue
Chris, Adrian
Woop

Log Flume ORP! :D Me Second to back

Thats your lot hope you like :)

Thanks for reading, i think this was without a doubt my best theme park trip this year, and that is saying something because there has been some barnstormers! :wink: Absolutely awesome day, i want to say thanks to all the UK Rides members for making the day fantastic.

P.s. Here are some of the hillarious comments made by members of UK Rides forum about us on the Log Flume -

"Fraser" wrote:
Col- you look like Al Murray -pub landlord in that pic.
Grow your beard back. You were much better looking when you had that.

This one was from someone who was in the boat behind ours! -

"bccmiddlewicket" wrote:
They all screamed like girls down the drop :P , could hear em from the lift hill :lol: 8)

"bccmiddlewicket" wrote:
The whole park came to a stand still wondering where the screaming was coming from. Then it was ohhhhh the grown men on the flume :lol: :lol: :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by martynlfc on Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HighExtreme
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:28 pm

Wow! Awesome report and photos Martyn

It's great that Camelot are coming back fighting, Knightmare is a fantastic addition to the park, hopefully it will get the park back on its feet

A good lick of paint around the park and some new fences would go a very long way to help make this park magical again

I recongise the lefthand Kumali photo in your signature btw :P

AstroDan

Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:45 pm

Without wanting to put a downer on it, I heard Camelot aside from Knightmare is a bit of a hole these days! And there's very little else to go on. :?

Still, I guess you were impressed by it! They must have done something right!

:)

X
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:45 pm

Camelot's a great littlte park with some really unique rides and a good layout, and Knightmare looks like the best new UK ride of 2007! I think we should all try it and give our own reviews, it really is a good day out! :D Gr8 pics, I hope to ride Knightmare in October! :)

martynlfc
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:59 pm

"AstroDan" wrote:
Without wanting to put a downer on it, I heard Camelot aside from Knightmare is a bit of a hole these days! And there's very little else to go on. :?

Yeah. Besides Knightmare there is precious little to do, but if your looking for a relaxed day with a lot of randomness and fun this is the park for you. Take your time and really try to enjoy what they have and you will erm, enjoy it! :lol: Don't run around and whoar the place though you will get bored, we had to, we wanted to make the most of free entry!

I think i liked the day so much because it was my birthday and also Camelot let us in for free and treated us like royalty! It was a great day. A lot of forums were advertsing this media day, some of you guys should have gone. Knightmare is a really quality coaster though. The phycho drop is the best drop in the UK for me at the moment. :)

"urbanmonster" wrote:
Wow! Awesome report and photos Martyn

It's great that Camelot are coming back fighting, Knightmare is a fantastic addition to the park, hopefully it will get the park back on its feet

A good lick of paint around the park and some new fences would go a very long way to help make this park magical again

I recongise the lefthand Kumali photo in your signature btw :P

Thanks! Knightmare is really great and i am very pleased for Camelot, it doesn't look to bad the park, but yeah a few licks of paint could help. Oh and i only just noticed the left hand Kumali by the way when i read your post lmao, that is neat! :P

p.s. Here is a hillarious front seat POV of Knightmare by our very own Spike (Wayne) The last line is hillarious! ****** Quality!! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSEeweAURkA

Nathan
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:53 pm

Knightmare doesn't look that all impressive to me. Apart from the pyscho drop, is there much to it? Just looks pointless helix after pointless helix to me.

And it's one fugly structure for sure! :lol:

caffeine_demon
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:29 am

"AstroDan" wrote:

yer not wrong there - although whirlwind is very nice too! and those waterslides....