UK theme parks from another point of view!

sputty
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

SF:OG from orlando?

Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:33 pm

Hey as i mentioned in another post im back off to Florida in 2008, i was just wondering if anyone here's tried making the trip from Orlando to Six Flags Over Georgia ? Id really like to visit a six flags park but i need to look into how possible it is.

There's 2 of us and i know its only a 6 hour drive away but we'll both be 18 so a hire car isn't really an option, a look on the Amtrak website quoted a 13 hour journey that would cost twice more than the flights to get to the US in the first place so i think we can forget about that! Does anyone know a way of getting up there?

The park ticket price isn't really a problem, its an absolute bargain compared to the FL parks, As tourists would we have problems moving between states?

Any help would be REALLY appreciated or if you know any other forums that have more knowledge of the area that would be fab as well :)

Chris-TT

Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:58 pm

An amazing park and defiantly worth visiting if you can get there, but don’t forget to buy a queue bot if there still doing them!

We managed get our flights for £319 incl tax which included internal transfers, we flew Gatwick to Atlanta then a few days later to Orlando then 2 weeks later to Ohio and then a week later back to Gatwick. We booked it through Dial-a-flight.co.uk and flew with Delta. This was in 2003 though.

sputty
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:57 pm

At the moment its looking at around £80 return for flights up there and back which isn't bad at all! i can sacrifice a day at Disney for it :)

Will the queue's really be that bad in September? its during school time aswell, probably a friday. If its going to be packed then ill probably just go for a bigger Disney pass since our hotel will be right next door to animal kingdom. :D

iriderides101
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:51 am

Will the queue's really be that bad in September?

Depends what day. Some Parks in america usualy close on the week days after labour weekend and only open for the weekend. Which means it could be quite busy. Having a browse on six flags website this season its closed during the week.
Six flag parks are awesome though. Ive been to discovery kingdom and Magic Mountain and they are awesome.

Chris-TT

Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:31 am

You could easily spend a couple of days on park, don’t be put off by the Six flag branding, it used to be a park similar to AT but with more coasters until SF they got there hands on it, but they have only added more rides to the park so don’t be put off.

HighExtreme
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:20 am

Six Flags Over Georgia is a cracking park, just check out the entrance . . .

Goliath and Scorcher are a great welcome to the park, which is also home to the underrated Deja Vu, the fiendish Schwarzkopf double looping Mind Bender and Batman and Superman take the B&M total to 4

The park is also home to Acrophobia a very tall intamin stand up, tilting gyro tower and the bizarre Monster Plantation a very strange dark boat ride, quite unusual for Six Flags to do an original dark ride

Unfortunately we got caught in a storm and the park completely shutdown for a few hours. Luckily we were waiting to get on batman so were sheltered inside the station while it passed over, the ride staff did a great job of keeping us entertained

A few of the coasters at the park are an "interesting experience" nevertheless sure you’d have an amazing time at one of the flagship parks in the chain

Before you book any flights I'd really advise you check the park is going to be open, the American parks outside of Florida have very sparse operating seasons, most are only open weekends outside of June/July/August, so definitely check before you jump on any planes