UK theme parks from another point of view!

Crow
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Monday 9th June

Fri May 23, 2008 12:37 pm

Hey guys, I finally convinced my tutors to take our course to AT on the 9th June.

Now as we'll be heading to AT at 9am, taking approximately 2hours to get there, we'll be getting there an hour after opening (Yes, I'm aware that every bit of time is vital, nothing I can do about that hehe). And I have no idea what time we'll be leaving but they aim to get us back to the college around 6pm, so I can imagine we will leave at 4pm. So in all, we'll have roughly 5 hours in the park, not allot, but just enough to (hopefully) get on the thrills.

What I want to know, is what do the AT regulars estimate the average queue times for the metal monsters will be, taking into account the day of the week.

Also do people think my group will be able to experience all the coasters at least, depending on break downs?

I appreciate any help.

Hark

Fri May 23, 2008 4:58 pm

Hey Crow,
I'm no regular but the 9th of June should be quiet, there's a how busy thread here:

http://towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=19578

and a useful calender that I always find quite good is:

http://www.towersalmanac.com/need_to_kn ... _dates.php

I wouldn't have thought queue times would be that bad as it is a weekday and coming to the start of the holidays, but there may be a lot of GCSE students who have finished their exams wondering about the park, so not entirely sure what it will be like.

If you plan your day thoroughly then i'm sure you'll get on everything you want to - of course check the Q time boards when you arrive.

Hope you have a good day!

Crow
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri May 23, 2008 5:36 pm

Thanks for the reply Hark. Sounds like we might be in luck then, I do hope so, you wouldn't believe how many times I tried to convince them to go, it would be a shame if we were to get there after all that to find that the queue times were outrageous, hehe.

Most school students finish mid-June AFAIK, or at least they do where I live, so maybe if this is the average time they break up, we might get lucky.

Again, thanks for the help :)

Sarah_RKO
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 24, 2008 11:35 am

Shouldn't be busy at all. Last year I went towards the end of June and it was so quiet, I managed a LOT of rides. :D
Jerichoholic..-- RAW..is...Jericho!