UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Hoppings Fair - Newcastle Town Moor - Sunday 22/06/2008

Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:55 am

Craig, Ryn & I are going to Newcastle Town Moor Sunday 22nd - If anyone else is in the Northeast on Sunday - Please post here...

Who's going
Craig
Ryn
Markryn
LiamSAFC
Joel
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan Kingdaka
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:23 am

Sooo, what is there exactly :? Just you guys and a load of moor land, or has a fair prompted you all?

Craig

Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:06 am

Edited title for n00bs like Ryan :P. Mark, I think you meant the 21st not the 14th? Doesn't start until the 20th!

Yup it's one of the largest fairs in the UK Ryan, a damn good one too. cod and I went last year, and although it was muddy as hell (see below pic!) it was fantastic to have so many rides in one place. Highlights of last year included some poor Scottish girl puking on Eclipse and Bomber Mk2 (which is a HUGE booster!).

I'll probably head up to Newcastle for the full day, do a bit of wandering, few drinks then head up to the Town Moor (it's a short walk from the centre).

Should be a good day, just hope the weather holds out :)

evil cod

Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:40 pm

If my pay has cleared by then (a 50% chance), I may pop up, will be being very tight on rides thou as I dont have much disposable money.

Nathan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:48 pm

How far is it from the central rail station?

May pop up.

Craig

Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:33 pm

"Mackem Lad" wrote:

May pop up.

Basically it's a short walk from the Hancock Museum Nathan, it's not too far at all really! I'm thinking of heading up early and possibly meeting in the Union Rooms (Wetherspoons across from Central Station) and getting some grub if anyone's up for it?

LiamSAFC

Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:43 am

"Craig""][quote=""Mackem Lad" wrote:

May pop up.

Basically it's a short walk from the Hancock Museum Nathan, it's not too far at all really! I'm thinking of heading up early and possibly meeting in the Union Rooms (Wetherspoons across from Central Station) and getting some grub if anyone's up for it?[/quote]

Should be up for it (if Weather spoons allows under 18's in). If not, the sneek has his charms! :P

Anonymous

Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:29 pm

As long as your eating you should be ok.

You could choose from

Chicken Nuggets, Chips & Beans
Fish shaped Cod , Chips & Beans

Will would probably get a free toy with the above also..

:D :D :D

Anonymous

Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:14 pm

After Joel twisted my arm about coming I said yes...

LiamSAFC

Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:42 pm

Brill news that Joely's coming!

Persuaded my "cover-up story" to come too, (My girlfriend Kerry). Should be a laugh.

Ryan Kingdaka
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:12 am

Unfortunately I can't go. I have a party to host from 7pm onwards, so wouldn't get back in time :(

Will be at Alton the following Saturday though! And I think I have finished my theme park break, so will be up for more trips from 28th onwards :)

Joel

Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:41 am

"markryn" wrote:
After Joel twisted my arm about coming I said yes...

What the hell!

You were the one begging me to go. Sexual favours and everything you said, darling!*

Anyway, yes, it seems I have no choice but to be there, because if I said no, they promised they tie me up and bundle me in the back of the car and take me anyway.

* Maybe a small lie. Although he did offer me a hotdog.... :shock:

LiamSAFC

Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:51 am

"JOEL•E" wrote:
Anyway, yes, it seems I have no choice but to be there, because if I said no, they promised they tie me up and bundle me in the back of the car and take me anyway.

They? Wheres the they in this?!

Anonymous

Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:51 am

A Betterware Party by chance??

Bit like a Tupperware party without the 1980`s hair dos

Anonymous

Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:12 am

This years Hoppings looks to be quite good - Below is the list of the rides attending:-

x3 Freak Out Afterburners
x2 Superbob
Space Roller Topscan
x5 Waltzers
x2 KMG Tangos
x3 Tagadas
Stargate
x2 Matterhorns
KMG Superspin
x4 Dodgems
Orbitor
x2 Twists
Topspin
x2 Miami
Giant Wheel
Superbowl
KMG Booster
x3 Jumpers
Extreme
Over The Top
Big Ben - Shot & Drop Tower
Spiderman
Bomber Mark 2 - Booster Maxxx
x2 Wild Mouse Coasters
Sea Storm
Eclipse
Powersurge
KMG Speed Buzz
Toboggan Coaster
Meterorite
Waveswinger
x3 Rotors
x11 Funhouses
x5 Ghost Trains
Reverse Bungee
Wild River Rapids
Wall Of Death

NF2
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:31 pm

I'm going on Sunday with some mates aswell, i'll say hi if I see anyone. For those not farmiliar with the Hoppings, basically it's two lanes of rides (about a mile in total) packed with of various fair rides and side stalls.

It's a good laugh if the weathers good, however as Craig posted if it rains beforehand, the machines rip the land up during the pull on, and it's an absolut bog. I also reccomment that you pace yourself. I have a pretty strong stomach (once stood over 7 minutes on Dynamo on a quiet day), but last year, a mix of 11 spin rides in a row and the mud which smells like **** caused me to almost blow chunks on an Afterburner :oops:

LiamSAFC

Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:43 pm

Wouldn't hold your breath about the weather.

Awful start to the day up here. Damp and wet, suggesting very muddy pictures for tomorrow. :cry:

Craig

Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:53 pm

"LiamSAFC" wrote:
Wouldn't hold your breath about the weather.

Awful start to the day up here. Damp and wet, suggesting very muddy pictures for tomorrow. :cry:

It's not a patch on last year's weather though. Expect rain right through until early tomorrow morning. The majority of the churning up was caused during pull on and build up, then the crowds only added to the problem.

The ground was brilliant during this week, so there should be enough opportunity to drain before tomorrow. I wouldn't expect anything along the lines of last year! I'll take a look at the reports the end of today and see how things went though!

NF2
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:42 pm

Apparently according to ITV Tyne Tee's news, the council have spent money on maintaining th grass on the moor so when it rains, it won't turn into an absolute bog of crap. And yeah, I agree with what craig said. last year it rained CONSTANTLY before the fair opened, but this year today is the first set of heavy rain i've seen all month.

It's the curse of the Hoppings, it always rains hoppings week
:x

Ryan Kingdaka
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:53 am

I'm up..well...I haven't been ton sleep..but yeah, it's sunny! And I'm not coming :(

Hope you all have a good time! :)