UK theme parks from another point of view!

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Adventure Island - Team Building

Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:18 pm

Hey Everybody!

As some of you may know I work at Adventure Island (There is a surprise :P) and recently I was put in charge of the Corporate Team Building Event which has been in development for some time. It will be a package we would sell to corporate clients and it would revolve around an Annika Rice style challenge across the park involving clues etc.

I've been working on it for a little while now, working alongside one of the parks Senior Managers who deals with all of the Corporate events and we now feel it is at a stage where we can trial it on people.

This is where I ask for some help, we need to trial it on people and would like to do so on the weekend of the 10th/11th January (Day not yet decided, we're flexible and would be happy to go with the day the majority would prefer). We would put you into teams and you would then all take part in the event which should last roughly an hour or two. After completing the challenge we would then be getting feedback and views on the product, all ideas, criticisms etc will be welcome and exactly what we're after.

Once it is over you will be provided with a complimentary wristband to enjoy the rest of the day at the park enjoying the rides free of charge!

It would be fantastic if I could get a nice selection of people from TTF to take part, I know we would get some fantastic feedback and it is a great opportunity for a free day out at a Fun Park to beat the closed season blues.

Obviously at the moment this is something I'd hope to be just TTF people but if numbers are low I would be involving other people and some park staff to also take part (You would be split into separate teams, a TTF team, a Ride Staff team etc, so you would be kept with people you know), but even if only a couple can make it, that would be very much appreciated.

So if you're interested just post below, you will be needed at the park for 11am and the park is easy to get to from the M25 and there are two stations within walking distance (Southend Central and Southend Victoria). There is also a Travelodge just a 5 minute walk from the park.

Apologies for such short notice which is not ideal when times are tough money wise, but hopefully this could be a fun little meet and I know I am very cheeky to ask people for help, thus the free wristband. :lol:

Cheers, George :)

AstroDan

Re: Adventure Island - Team Building

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:47 pm

Sorry to see this hasn't had much uptake, George. It would have been a good opportunity I am sure, but I myself am welcoming my parents home this weekend after their few weeks in France.

:(

Quickey
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:13 am

Yeah, I would have defiantly been interested if I didn’t live so far away. I haven’t been to Adventure Island in years, and I would have loved to help you out!

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:38 pm

No worries about not being able to make it etc, totally understand as it is a heck of a way to travel and it was last minute so most people already had plans. I've managed to get enough people through staff and hopefully I will be able to offer another similar opportunity sometime later in the year and give people a bit more time to plan for it etc.

Cheers, George. :)