UK theme parks from another point of view!

AstroDan

Re: Miniature Meeting - Blackpool & Camelot? 20th/21st June

Wed May 27, 2009 4:43 pm

...his sig is Infusion.

:?

AdamJ

Wed May 27, 2009 8:28 pm

"Spike""][quote=""AstroDan" wrote:
Ah, the fanboy himself confirms for Blackpool!

The day you ever make it Towers, I just don't know.

:lol:

Thing is I've met Adz and although he's coming he still won't go on anything that inverts and is high, we had enough trouble trying to get him on Big Dipper & Nash :shock: :P

Let's hope with a 20+ strong crowd he will try somethings. :wink:[/quote]

:o Making me feel scared now, I'm trying to get a friend of mine to come with me, not just to break down the train journey, but to also give me that will to get my ass on the Big One, I swear I want to ride it, but plucking the courage up is just not working :( And you did not have trouble getting me on Nash/Dipper Wayne! I went on happily, I was just a tad nervous at the time! :lol:

But yeah, to update, my train tickets arrived today, 1 month in advance, so all that's left now is my wristband and some spendings!

PS: The sig is Infusion because it's artistic :P

Nathan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 28, 2009 7:37 pm

How did you become interested in rollercoasters if you're little apprenhensive towards riding them?

AdamJ

Thu May 28, 2009 10:58 pm

"Mackem Lad" wrote:
How did you become interested in rollercoasters if you're little apprenhensive towards riding them?

I can have an interest in theme parks if I want to, just because I don't have a 100% interest in riding them doesn't mean I don't have to ride them.

Nathan
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 29, 2009 7:31 pm

Woah, it was just a question? :? :|

I don't quite understand the need for an offline message on MSN asking why I keep publicly bashing you or the need for a PM (which was deleted before being delivered). :?

EDIT: Nevermind, you've explained that it was perhaps blown out of context. :)

Spike
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Fri May 29, 2009 10:49 pm

"Mackem Lad" wrote:
Woah, it was just a question? :? :|

I don't quite understand the need for an offline message on MSN asking why I keep publicly bashing you or the need for a PM (which was deleted before being delivered). :?

EDIT: Nevermind, you've explained that it was perhaps blown out of context. :)

I could extend the same criticism for you doing it on a public forum and not keeping it on MSN. :P
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*

Nick

Sun May 31, 2009 10:12 am

I hope the weather is like this in Blackpool on the 20th :)

badger

Sun May 31, 2009 3:43 pm

So, lets get this trip sorted eh.

I tried to book some train tickets, but there isn't a train back home without an hour wait at station, two changes and a bus from Stafford to Stoke. After an hour of staring at the computer screen and starting to mumble to myself, I decided that perhaps trains aren't quite the answer. So I have made the monumental decision.... to drive. Yes, remember Drayton Manor, well I shall be driving to Blackpool. :|

I have booked and paid for the wrist bands and have already Badgered AstroDan about carparks etc. So let the fun begin. :shock:

If you see two females driving in the wrong direction and looking like they just might be ready to explode, drive on and whatever you do, don't try to talk to us, not unless you want to have your heads bitten off. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
8-[

Stu
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 31, 2009 10:32 pm

LMAO! If your going sort of same way or something.. which i think you may, could meet at services on route and follow us or something. Wooo can't wait for this meet. Wooo.

Craig

Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:15 pm

Bad news (well half anyway) for me attending this meet I'm afraid! Severe cash issues (stupid Alton meet :P) on both mine and Tiff's part mean we can only make the Saturday now and I'll be heading home Saturday night.

Tiff's also had to use her last holiday for the day after the Terenzi meet due to the time we're likely to be getting home on the 30th too so just the Saturday for us two now!

Dagan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:01 pm

Interested in this, but probably too late to sort out accomodation. There is no way in hell I am doing Blackpool during the day and driving home again after.

Craig

Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:44 pm

Wuss! Get yourself up there!

Post made via Mobile Device

Joel

Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Tut!

To be honest Dagan I haven't sorted out any accomodation yet either, although I may still Martin it at Spikes if all else fails... which is looking that way anyway :P

badger

Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:50 pm

"Dagan" wrote:
Interested in this, but probably too late to sort out accomodation. There is no way in hell I am doing Blackpool during the day and driving home again after.

I am!

:o

popTART
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:38 pm

Well i think Im still staying at Spikes to unless anything changes.

Joel

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:25 pm

Me and Dagan have a room at the TTLodge South Beach, yays :D

Cosy! :|

Scott
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:43 pm

You may be interested to know that Goldmine and Rollercoaster have been open to guests lately, they are no longer SBNO due to Bling having alot of issues and Big Dipper being closed due to maintenence.

I really dont know if Rollercoaster will be open for the weekend, but it was open yesterday and is open today, so I guess there is hope for you.

Have a good weekend. :D
Number ONE for Pleasure Beach Blackpool;
[url=http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com[/url]

Anonymous

Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:51 pm

Meh. Im only going for River Caves anyway. Best ride there.

John
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:14 pm

I think I'd rather have rollercoaster than big dipper. I've never really been a fan of dipper, and with the heavier train RC is absolutely flying round the track.

Joel

Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:32 am

Posted some guidance times on the first post. Basically meet at Blackpool for 10.15am-10.30am, (if you're due to arrive later; no problem, just give one of us a call and we'll let you know where we are).

Camelot is likely to be 11.30am - 12 ish, due to the pure lack of rides and the fact most of us are drinking the night before driving 45 mins there, so I certainly don't think I'll be up early ;)