UK theme parks from another point of view!

doylee01
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Ticket help

Mon May 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Hi,
I am going to alton towers for the first time ever tomorrow and I just wanted to ask a couple of questions.

1) Is there such a ticket for a no rider, because my mom and dad are coming and they will not want to ride any of the rides.

2) If my brother and I have fast tracks, can we both go on at the same time with each other?

3) Which is faster, fast track or single rider queues?

4) How busy will it be tomorrow?

Sorry for the questions I'm just very excited :D

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Ticket help

Mon May 25, 2009 8:18 pm

"doylee01" wrote:
Hi,
I am going to alton towers for the first time ever tomorrow and I just wanted to ask a couple of questions.

1) Is there such a ticket for a no rider, because my mom and dad are coming and they will not want to ride any of the rides.

2) If my brother and I have fast tracks, can we both go on at the same time with each other?

3) Which is faster, fast track or single rider queues?

4) How busy will it be tomorrow?

Sorry for the questions I'm just very excited :D

1: Don't think so :)

2: Yes, don't see why not

3: Fast track i should think :|

4: Packed.
......The one and only... :sus:

caffeine_demon
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 25, 2009 9:01 pm

1 - fraid not. can they stay in the car park?

2 - yep

3 - noone can tell how quick single rider will be!

4 - pretty busy as it's half term!

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 25, 2009 9:34 pm

"caffeine_demon" wrote:

For eight-odd hours?

I've always thought it such a shame that such tickets don't exist - there must be plenty of mums/dads/grandparents/kids-who-are-part-of-a-group-but-are-wimps etc. who want to go the park with their family/friends, but who wouldn't ride anything. After all, they'd still eat etc., so Merlin could still make money out of them.

I suppose the issue would be regulating who can and cannot ride, but there's bound to be a way of dealing with that. Wristbanding or something similar...

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 25, 2009 9:53 pm

"Islander""][quote=""caffeine_demon" wrote:

For eight-odd hours?

I've always thought it such a shame that such tickets don't exist - there must be plenty of mums/dads/grandparents/kids-who-are-part-of-a-group-but-are-wimps etc. who want to go the park with their family/friends, but who wouldn't ride anything. After all, they'd still eat etc., so Merlin could still make money out of them.

I suppose the issue would be regulating who can and cannot ride, but there's bound to be a way of dealing with that. Wristbanding or something similar...[/quote]

Same, my dad always said he'd love to walk around the gardens and park just to look.
......The one and only... :sus:

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 25, 2009 10:51 pm

Perhaps they could go in the waterpark or / and relax in the hotels/spa :)
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek

Jon
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 25, 2009 10:55 pm

Make sure they do know all the rides that are on offer. Many folks think themeparks and freak out at the idea of metal monsters. Unless they completely hate the idea, they may look and find some rides that they like the look of, like the Rapids or seomthing. If not then they could, as has been said, loose themselves in the resort. Play a bit of golf and go for a dip in the spa pool or something.

Formerly "Dagoo"

Crofty

Tue May 26, 2009 6:27 pm

Moved From Alton towers General forum.

:D :D

doylee01
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed May 27, 2009 8:13 am

Thanks for the help everyone. We all went in eventually and me and my bro did get fast tracks but he didn't come on a lot of the big rides so I ended up going on nemisis twice, air twice, oblivion twice, rita once and spinball once and some other rides(rapids etc). Longest queue I had was ten minutes and we all had a great time. Even got my dad on rita! Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated