UK theme parks from another point of view!

SAM93

Massive Europe Trip!

Thu May 28, 2009 8:14 pm

Right, I just thought that I would start a trip planning topic rather than clutter the quick quetions topic like I was doing, sorry if this is the wrong decision.

Well, me and my friends are planning a theme park tour of Europe for in a couple of years when we leave college. we plan to go prety much as soon as the exam season is over so around end of June/very start of July. We are not planning on doing many large mainstreem parks apart form a few, as we want to visit the smaller less known and more quirky european parks.

So far with all the parks we want to do the trip is going to last about four weeks, which is fine as we want it to be quite long. so I'm going to post a list of the parks we plan to do so you lot can give advice. They are posted in the order they would be visited:

*Plopsa Land
*Bobbejaanland
*Efteling
*Drievliet
*Walibi World
*Troverland
*Phantasialand (2 Days)
*Koltten Park
*Europa Park (3 Days)
*Skyline Park
*Legoland Deutschland
*Tripsdrill
*Holiday Park
*Freizeitpark Plohn
*Belantis
*Heide Park (2 Days)
*Hansa Park
*Legoland Billund
*BonBon land (Half Day)
*Bakken (Half Day)
*Tivoli Gardens
*Liseberg (2 Days)
*Djurs Sommerland
*Farup Sommerland

So are all of these parks worth visiting, we think that we have a reason to visit them all, so feel free to question our motives!

Hope to get some good advice from you all,

Thanks Sam xx

DanB
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Massive Europe Trip!

Thu May 28, 2009 9:49 pm

I've already looked into the parks in that area and theres a lot there that, in my opinion, aren't worth visiting. Heres a google map i've made [url=http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=105585969513532976095.000454463e568e1cdee9d&ll=53.330873,-2.285156&spn=33.461952,95.800781&t=h&z=5" target="_blank]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en& ... 81&t=h&z=5[/url]

Also for 28 day holiday spending 27 of them at theme park will very tiring and costly in tickets. I suggest you reduce what parks you go to so you can have rest days and sightseeing days.

From the parks i've been to:-
Toverland can be done in half a day
Phantasialand can be done in a day
Europa Park can be done in 2 days
Might be worth going to the nurburgring as its in between Phantasialand and Europa?

Steve K
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 28, 2009 10:26 pm

^Unless you're interested in racing, NBR is only worth spending a few hours at for Ring Racer and the museum/IMAX. And indeed, it is enroute to Europa Park, approx 45 min south of Phantasialand and 4 hr 30min North of Europa Park.

SAM93

Thu May 28, 2009 11:04 pm

which parks would you say not to bother with? Then I will give our reason for visiting lol.

Yeh we had also looked into going for a spin on RingRacer on the way between Phantasia and Koltten as both could be done in one day.

We do also plan on having an extra week woven in to the trip so around seven rest days to sight see, meaning it would be more like 5 weeks.

DanB
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 28, 2009 11:55 pm

Can't really give you reasons why as its been quite a few months since i looked into all the parks but heres ones i personally wouldn't do.

Your looking at £1750 in hotels (£40ppn) and £675 in tickets (£25 per day). Add on spending money, transfers/hire car and its very expensive!

*Drievliet
*Koltten Park
*Skyline Park
*Legoland Deutschland
*Tripsdrill
*Freizeitpark Plohn
*Belantis
*Legoland Billund
*Farup Sommerland

SAM93

Fri May 29, 2009 9:57 am

Thanks, we looked into it price wise and worked out it would cost around £3000 each, soyes it is a hell of a lot!

Reasons for visiting said parks:

*Dreivlet = Formule X only launched X-Car coaster
*Koltten = The Nautic Jets, and all other self opperated rides. As well as their insane coaster.
*Skyline Park = The Sky wheel
*Tripsdrill = The log flume is the tallest in Europe and also Mammut.
*Frietzenpark Plohn = El Toro?
*Belanits = The odd looking log flume, also that new flying thing from Gertsular (or however it s spelt)
*Farup Sommerland = Lynet, but it is also close to the port back to England lol.
*Both Legolands = We just wanted to do these really, no real reason, so maybe we will only do one of them.

Thanks for the advice, I look forward to your reply to the reasons I have just posted.

caffeine_demon
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 31, 2009 11:56 pm

*Koltten Park

the coaster is great, and theself operated rides are nice too - also great scenery

*Skyline Park

one of the ecc guys who does lots of trips, and rarely posts reviews - said it was a very nice park

*Tripsdrill

good log flume, and some quirky stuff

*Freizeitpark Plohn

HUH? They've got a GCI WOODIE!

*Farup Sommerland
lynet looks great, and I've heard good reviews of falken, also got a good looking obstacle course, and a shooting range, and speedboats

AstroDan

Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:25 pm

Don't bother with either Legoland. They're very similar to Windsor, really no point bothering.

:)

SAM93

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:05 am

Fair enough, we will jst do Windsor if we ever get a Merlins annual pass!

Thanks for the advice, how about the rest of the parks, are they worth it?

Gloomy Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:46 pm

I've been to 2 on your list.

Efteling and Walibi World are absolutely fantastic. Efteling, see my topic in 'All other Parks and Attrtactions', and you'll see why. One of the nicest looking, well themed and just plain magical theme parks ever. Actually scratch that. It's as good as the Towers, if not better for scenery, theming etc. Rides, obviously not, but still fun.

Walibi World is great, apart from a love of off the shelf Vekomas. But who says these old classics aren't fun. The real sellers for Walibi are Goliath (Intamin Mini-Hyper) and Robin Hood, a lovely Vekoma (I think), woodie.
[size=90]For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride

Christo Dawson
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:30 pm

"AstroDan" wrote:
Don't bother with either Legoland. They're very similar to Windsor, really no point bothering.

:)

Errrmmm...
Both of them have Kuka robocoasters with interactive "Make your own ride program" feature, which may be worth checking out, since Windsor dosen't have robocoasters.
Aaaanddd...
The Mack Coasters don't have noise issues, and still have the original cars :)
Sent on some sort of phone using a gimmick called Tapatalk

[size=150]Nͬ͋̓ͣ̐ͭ̚͟͏̣̱̠̺͍͍͍̮̞Ḛ̷̤̘̯̪͑͠ͅM̒҉͉̯̦͍̰̠̀E̯̲̓̃̃̐̿̿̓͞S̷̞̹̠͎̻̯̽̐I̶̢̟̥͕̺͍̘̻̠̐̏ͯ͗͋̿ͣS̰͔̺ͯ̅̆̐