UK theme parks from another point of view!

Sam-urai
TT Member
TT Member

Re: London & Thorpe Park: 12-14 March 2010

Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:32 pm

I will be at Thorpe park on Sunday. Dose anyone know if any rides will not be open, i have been keeping an eye out and all rides have been testing with staff for the past few weeks so i am guessing they have learned form the start of last season.
Please visit Merlin Mania - [url=http://www.merlinmania.com/\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.merlinmania.com/[/url]

stigzy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:16 pm

If I finally get me some new tyres, sort out my lettuce and chillis tomorrow I might g'for'a jolly and pop down on sunday!

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:33 pm

I'm hoping to go to Thorpe on Sunday so I may see some of you there! :D

Anonymous

Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:05 am

"Islander" wrote:
Quick question: as I'm coming on the Sunday only, how would it be best for me to join up with the group?

Looking forward to this :)

You have my number, Just give me a ring and I'll tell you where we are :D

Hark

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:10 pm

BOOOOOOOOOOO!

Look at these people... caught at the wrong park! Tsk TRAITORS!

Dagan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:32 pm

"Hark" wrote:
Look at these people...

WOW!

Dave

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:27 pm

AAGH! just got back! what a weekend, has got to be one of the best weekends ive had in a long time. really didnt want it to end :(

im gonna get photos online asap and will put them up on here for everyone.

Anonymous

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:32 pm

Just got back too!

Very awesome weekend; Thanks to everyone that came and made it a pleasure. Will put a review up sometime in the week when i get chance :)

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:10 pm

Had a fantastic time in the park today (maintenance issues aside) - great to finally meet people! Here's hoping I can make it to another TTF meet soon :)

Stu
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:18 pm

Had such a great weekend... London was great fun despite the trains being poor but was nice to visit areas i never been too.. the meals were great... the fun was errr fun... Dungeons funny as every... Thorpe Park was a good day out to be fair over all.. just a shame they still can't keep their rides running reliable... and mega downer Stealth being down most of the day. Though Saw Alive is a complete waste of time until they make it a bit more intense... so much more they can do with that damn maze... sort it out.

But another epic weekend, one of those ones you don't want it to end.
See most of you next weekend woooo :clap:

Dormiens-Dave

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:31 pm

I will second everything said above, had a great if tiring weekend, london was great and was fun to finally get into the dungeons, few highlights in there included martin getting burned on a stake, and extremis, (damn good drop for such a small ride). Also saw a lot of London and realising there are areas of the city without wetherspoons or starbucks!

Thorpe was also fun, finally getting on slammer which was better than i expected, shame we didn't get on stealth, yet despite a little "ohh its thorpe" comedy it was noted that they did better than they often have in the past. Saw Alive was average but more on that in another thread, Passage Del Terror on the other hand in London was very good.

Had my first Rollercoaster breakdown on Saw, thanks to Saz, Martin and Alex for keeping me company on that (not that you had much choice :D ) interesting having to be pushed onto the lift hill!

Really though as i have found out with these meets are made by the people so thanks everyone for a great weekend.

Vik
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:10 pm

Had a great weekend. Great to go in to London, shame about all the faff due to lack of tube stations open and relying on GPS, but we got to where we wanted to in the end. :P

Thorpe today wasn't that bad. Typical Thorpe with all the breakdowns, but thankfully wasn't to busy, so queues were pretty short and managed to get on everything we wanted, bar Stealth.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

AstroDan

Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:06 pm

MY CHEST!

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:15 pm

I've just uploaded my photos to Facebook, here, in case anyone would like a look. There are some good ones (IMO) of some nice friendly soaking on Loggers' Leap and Tidal Wave, along with some of SAW: Alive and Ride, Samurai, Slammer and a couple of others.

They're not the best quality - my camera's just starting to give up the ghost. Plus I guess my photography skills leave something to be desired :P.

I would like to do a trip report at some point, but I've got masses of coursework to do, so I'm doubtful I'll find the time unfortunately. On the whole it was a really enjoyable day! Maintenance wasn't great, didn't enjoy having to wait 30m for my lunch because the outlet somehow lost mine and Sam's orders, but other than that really couldn't have anything to moan about. Great company, great fun :).

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:20 pm

I was hoping to go but unfortunately my bed was too cosy! - Luckily I'm going for the actual opening day on Thursday :D

But glad you all had a good time :D

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:43 am

Well, the weekend was great, thanks everyone for making it so special! It had been years since I'd been into central London, so it was really nice to go there again, and we ended up seeing rather a lot due to the underground deciding to not work. Thorpe did have a few issues on Sunday, though as some others have said, it wasn't that much worse then Atlon on the first Sunday of February half term opening, so I'm not going to complain too much about Thorpe, it was still a very good day.

Highlights:
-Seeing everyone again
-Getting to see lots of London
-The Dungeons, my first time and I really enjoyed them
-Being told the Leicester had won the football at the end of the Dungeons! :P
-London Eye 4D, very well done
-"Rob... shut up!" :P
-Having a nice vanilla latte on the way home, and liking it!
-Getting on pretty much everything at Thorpe
-And many more things!

Lowlights:
-Missing my train on Friday
-Not getting on Stealth :(
-Going home

Thanks to Stu for booking our room, and to Russell for lifts there and back, especially after the extra hassle I did cause my missing my train, appreciate it! And thanks to everyone for making it a really great weekend that was full of fun! See you all again this weekend at Towers!

Starbucks anyone? :P

:)

AstroDan

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:09 pm

*holds iFAIL* - hmmm. "Im sure there's one down here?"... *looks*...

MattMash "Ohh... it's just a kiosk in the station!"

MY CHEST CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE OF THIS!

Russell
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:40 pm

Well as usual another brilliant weekend! :) Sure Thorpe had a few problems on Sunday but they have made a number of improvements over the closed season. It was nice to see the water feature on Colossus working and the misters on Inferno.

London was a great day out even if it was very tiring! Only two downsides for me, not getting on Stealth and my journey down taking four hours! :(

Thanks everyone for making the weekend yet another special one :) See you all very soon!
Since April 2008

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:16 pm

Thorpe have today uploaded the photos they took during the AP preview day, here. Now all we need are the entrance videos! :P