UK theme parks from another point of view!

jonathan leake
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Planning a trip to the towers.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:05 pm

Right well I may as well start by say hello. Its been bloody ages. Some of you may remember me I used to post quite alot.

Anyway I'm planning a trip to the Towers and want a little bit of help as its been a few year from when I last went.

Myself and a few mates want to go to the Towers on the 29th of this month, butI'm at a Mini show on the 28th so want to go up there after that, stay the night at a hotel go to the Theme Park on Monday and driving home monday night.

Things I want to know are:-

Can I just go in to the AT hotel Sunday night and get a room or do you have to book? And if so how long in advance as this is a spur of the moment thing.

Or can anyone recommend places to stay? What advantages are their with staying at the AT hotel? And will I get a discount being a AP holder?

I'm sure I'll have more questions but that will do for now.

Thanks
Jon.

---- Post Info Added ----

Anybody :?

Mick
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Planning a trip to the towers.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:33 pm

"jonathan leake" wrote:

Can I just go in to the AT hotel Sunday night and get a room or do you have to book? And if so how long in advance as this is a spur of the moment thing.

Well I don't know for sure, but I'll pass on information I've read both here and elsewhere (I'm planning a similar trip myself).

Every indication is that both of the resort hotels do book up and you're unlikely to get a room on the day, unless you want to pay top, top dollar for one of the speciality themed rooms. Also, every indication is, the sooner the better...

I can answer these next ones more directly:

"jonathan leake" wrote:
Or can anyone recommend places to stay?

]I've heard that the 'Chained Oak' B&B nearby is both friendly and fairly priced. But it does tend to book up quickly, too...

"jonathan leake" wrote:
What advantages are their with staying at the AT hotel?

You'll get Early Ride Time to get you into the park to ride Nemesis, among some other rides, from 9.00am, whilst the general public have to wait until ten.

Also, you get to use the 'Woodland Walk' to get you there, although reports are that it doesn't open until 10.00am, so it's kind of pointless.

"jonathan leake" wrote:
And will I get a discount being a AP holder?

Yes - check the resort website, but I'm not sure how much it is :)
There\'s plenty of room at the bottom!

jonathan leake
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:56 pm

Thanks so much for the reply. I'll speak to my mates this week then and get it something booked up. The early ride time does sound like something I would quite like.

rct3wild
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:07 pm

"jonathan leake" wrote:
Thanks so much for the reply. I'll speak to my mates this week then and get it something booked up. The early ride time does sound like something I would quite like.

You would already get ERT for being an AP holder.