Hi! Me and my family went to Yorkshire with The Sun twice before, and both times we went to Flamingo Land. In answer to your questions:
1) We normally arrive about 10:40, and we get one everything easily, with lots of time to spare.
2) Normally quite shortish. Don't expect to be waiting any more than 20 minutes on quite a lot of the rides. Mumbo Jumbo and Cliffhanger will be the longest wait.
3) The visitors are okay I guess. Don't know about the staff, didn't notice much, but I've heard they aren't amazingly friendly. You'll have to ask more people.
4) Again, I don't know much. Sorry.
5) We normally start with Corkscrew, move round to Velocity, upwards in that direction to the Wild Mouse and the 4D cinema, carry on upwards to Cliffhanger, keep going along (right, on the map) to Mumbo Jumbo and Kumali before heading off to the rest, like Flip Flop and the Lost River Ride.
Alton Towers, April 7th
Thorpe Park, Summer
Alton Towers, Scarefest
Wicksteed Park (D:)