UK theme parks from another point of view!

adsu123
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Soon After Opening

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:03 pm

hello all

Firstly, nice one on a great forum!

Secondly, this maybe a total stab in the dark but does anyone have any opinion on how busy AT is likely to be soon after opening. I am looking to head up on the 30th March for 2 days. Would normally wait for end of season but having not been for 4 years it appears that I cant wait much longer.

thanks in advance

tori_swift
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Soon After Opening

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:27 pm

I went during the first opening week last year and it wasn't too busy, the only thing with a large queue was Thirteen and that was obviously because it was brand new and Sonic Spinball was a bit of a wait.

Apart from that, I don't remember queueing for more than half an hour although we did have fairly good timing :)

Voke
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:32 pm

Just to re-assure you, I have realised that the nearer to the starting day of an event you actually are, the less queues you encounter. Take the 2nd opening day of 2010, at roughly mid-day I managed to get on TH13TEEN 11 times in just under 30 minutes. Also managed to get on Terror Of The Tower's, in under 20 minutes on the first day of Scarefest last year.

I will be visiting Alton on the first day for every event this season (Half-Term, Opening day and Scarefest).

SAW_gameover
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:13 pm

"Voke" wrote:
Just to re-assure you, I have realised that the nearer to the starting day of an event you actually are, the less queues you encounter. Take the 2nd opening day of 2010, at roughly mid-day I managed to get on TH13TEEN 11 times in just under 30 minutes. Also managed to get on Terror Of The Tower's, in under 20 minutes on the first day of Scarefest last year.

I will be visiting Alton on the first day for every event this season (Half-Term, Opening day and Scarefest).

Tis true... First couple of weeks are normally always quite quiet.
[size=125]http://www.ukparknews.co.uk
UK Park News - Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource

adsu123
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:04 am

Cheers for the replies peoples.

sounds like a plan then. Getting slightly obsessed with it now though, boring the missus silly with constant youtube videos etc etc

Will be interesting to see the new bits there, last time i went Rita was brand new!

Voke
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:38 pm

Don't worry, you can still expect the queues on Rita to be the same as it was on opening day :wink:

That horrible queue-line (How it's set out) nearly always stops me going on the ride.

adsu123
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:54 am

"Voke" wrote:
Don't worry, you can still expect the queues on Rita to be the same as it was on opening day :wink:

That horrible queue-line (How it's set out) nearly always stops me going on the ride.

I remember that...never seem to get anywhere!

Also a shame the Corkscrews not there but hey ho!