UK theme parks from another point of view!

Vik
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Crocky Trail, 7th May

Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Myself and Hark are planning on taking a jolly to a lovely little place called The Crocky Trail. Based in the village of Waverton, just off the A41 outside Chester, The Crocky Trail is an outdoor adventure trail one mile in length with loads of activities along the way, such as mazes, swings, slides, bridges, tunnels etc, though there is always a way around the more challenging obstacles.

For more info, visit the Crocky Trail web site, Here

It is effect, the place that H&S (almost) forgot. Although there are some notable H&S edicts now, such as catch nets to stop you falling head first in to muddy ditches, for the best part it is still a place to go and enjoy some fun, with a little bit of risk thrown in to. Just as much fun for the adults as it is for the youngsters.

Crocky Trail is open from 10am until 5pm, though it will be unlikely we would be there all day. It is certainly good for a few hours of fun. Cost is £10 per person. Groups of 10 or more get a discounted rate of £8 per person. Pay on arrival at car park, so there will be some faffing about to ensure we can get the group discount. Have done it in the past, but the chap who mans the car park is a bit of a miserable so and so. :P

It must be noted, that it is possible you could get rather muddy, so wear suitable attire, especially in regards to footwear. Also, possibly something to change in to later as well.

In regards to other entertainment, after the Crocky Trail, there is the option of either Bowling or Laser Quest, and a meal **cough NANDOS cough** at Cheshire Oaks/Coliseum Leisure Park, which is just off J10 of the M53 near to Ellesmere Port. Hence why some other clothing/footwear may come in handy.

For more info, and for directions etc, visit the Crocky Trail web site Here

It must be noted that you could get injured. The chances are you will at least have one minor injury by the end of it, but nothing that should require anything other than walking it off, or a pain killer or 10. However, feel free to reserve a place at A&E. :P

For anyone who does not have car transport, I will be able to offer a couple of spaces in my car (one, poss 2 spaces are already taken!), and will be able to pick up and drop off from Chester Station, which is the nearest mainline station.

Please post your interest below. Also state if you would be up for attending either bowling or Lazer Quest afterwards, as well as a meal. As both Bowling & Lazer Quest will most likely need to be pre-booked due to it being very busy.

Currently, there is myself, Hark, with DanB and Alex likely to pop along too, and depending on other commitments that weekend, possibly Sam.

*Disclaimer* By attending, you are agreeing to the rules (or lack of them) of the Crocky Trail, and myself & Hark, being as we are, the alleged organisers of this day out, are in no way responsible should you get injured and require a visit to A&E to be fixed

Confirmed

Vik
Hark
Jordan
DanB
Antneee

Almost Certain (Need to check my Diary first)

Alex

Possible (I really would love to go as it looks absolutely amazing, but...)

Sam
Last edited by Vik on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Jordan

Re: Crocky Trail, 7th May

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:26 pm

I'll be there - this sounds a really fun place without the H&S :P

Vik, please could I have the extra space in your car from Chester Station? [-o<

Crofty

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:09 pm

That place looks like the official set for You've been framed. :P

Make sure you take your camcorders, you could be quids in! :lol:

Matt.C
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:28 pm

This place is so full of epicness, you guys will love it there. I can't make it unfortunately but enjoy!

Vik
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:37 pm

"Jordan" wrote:
I'll be there - this sounds a really fun place without the H&S :P

Vik, please could I have the extra space in your car from Chester Station? [-o<

Indeed you can :D

Hark

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:59 pm

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktc-I5Lulak" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktc-I5Lulak[/url]

One of the many safe attractions to be enjoyed on the day!

Dagan
TT Member
TT Member

Crocky Trail, 7th May

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:01 pm

I might look into coming along. I cannot describe how awesome this place is.

Kick the bucket.

Need I say more?

DanB
TT Member
TT Member

Crocky Trail, 7th May

Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:51 pm

I will be there as well as meal
& laser :)

AshleeK
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:07 am

Haven't been to the crocky trail in years! I think it's seen better days though, the last time I went I remember it being nowhere near as good as it was when I was younger :/

John
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:32 am

I'm interested

Mattmash
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:45 pm

I'll come along for the whole thing, laser/meals etc included. Looks like fun :D

Nora
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:21 pm

I suppose I could follow Mash around for the day like a lost puppy as long as I am not working :)
(Lift please Matt? ^.^)

Can't wait! :D

Slide of DOOM & Titanic please?!

Welcome to the Alton Towers Resort - Where the magic never ends! has ended.

Judy-Poody

Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:39 pm

oooooooooooooooo, well me and the Badger are very tempted by this! :D
i think we're a yes for this as of present!

Dagan
TT Member
TT Member

Crocky Trail, 7th May

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:06 am

Must remember to pack spare shoes/clothes.

Shall definitely be there :)

Hark

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:48 pm

I am absolutely gutted :(

Just had my start date for my new job & it is the 7th May! ;( Sorry guys, looks like i'm going to miss an epic day here!

Russell
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:32 pm

This looks like great fun! I shall be there and should be up for laser quest also! Not been in years! :D
Since April 2008

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Same here, I'm up for it and should all be ok as far as I'm aware! Should be good!

:)

Vik
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:37 pm

Apologies for lack of updates regarding this, unfortunately other things have got in the way of late.

Anyway, it is still going ahead as planned. I believe the list of confirmed people below is correct :-

Vik
Jordan
DanB
Antneee
Alex
Stu
MattMash
Dagan
Nora
Jude
Badger
Russell
Rob

Possibly

John

So we have enough people to get the discounted rate of £8 per person at the Crocky Trail. I will email them to make sure that it is OK that we will be arriving separately, as last time, though we got the group discount, as it is pay on arrival at the car park, the guy there got a bit mardy. If all is well, I shall sort out a pre-Crocky Trail rendezvous point so we can at least arrive at roughly the same time.

I will send some PM's out at the start of next week to everyone asking them to confirm if they wish to do Quazar Laser or not, so I can book it (Providing it is pay on arrival!). One game is £6.49 and two games are £10.99. There will also be a meal after the Crocky Trail. Probably Nando's, but if that is too busy there are plenty of other places to eat.

The Crocky Trail is located near the Town of Waverton on the A41 near Chester. Travelling from Chester direction, it is second left after the BP Garage. It is signposted only from the turn off on the A41. Coming from Whitchurch way, if you get to the BP Garage, you've gone to far. :P . Sat Nav CH3 7PH Location Map

The Laser Quaser & Nandos are both located at the Coliseum Retail & Leisure Park, , which is next door to the Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet Village, and is a 20 minute drive (10 miles) away from the Crocky Trail. Located off Junction 10 of the M53. Sat Nav CH65 9HD Location Map

As far as I am aware, I will be picking up Alex, Jordan & Ant from Chester station, times to still be arranged. Now Hark has had to pull out, I now have one space left should anyone need it. First come, first served.

More info soon..

Russell
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:59 pm

I'll be bringing my sister along as well! :)
Since April 2008

Stu
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:20 am

Ha-ha that's cool, your sisters ace! This does look fun. Will be a good day out woo. Miss these little get togethers. :clap: