UK theme parks from another point of view!

A5H

Drayton Manor 21st April 2010 (Picture Heavy)

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:51 pm

Today was well... packed to say the least :shock: and it was incredibly hot out there today aswell. We arrived at the park just after 10:30 and left at 6:30. Unfortunately :wink: we didn't see Twist and Pulse perform, however we did see them around the park a couple of times.

We started off with Maelstrom and they have got new restraints in blue! :D

I don't know these people, just showing the restraints ;)

We queued for just over an hour for Maelstrom, by the time we got off the queue for it was streching out the queue area and almost at the train crossing across near StormForce 10.

After that we headed for Shockwave which had just opened, so we got on the front row within 10 minutes. Quick close up (poor) pictures of the new cars...

After this, we went to have a look at this Ben 10 coaster... Basically IMO it's nothing special, the entrance isn't the best looking around, and despite the fact Twist and Pulse opened it, it wasn't actually open to the general public today!

The Entrance!

The rocket at the top of the hill.

Work being done on the reverse lift hill.

Time for Apocalypse! and for the first time in my many visits to the park...

Stand-Up Floorless was open!

After this we decided to go and start queing for StormForce 10 before it opened, whilst heading back, this was how busy the area outside Ben 10 was...

1 Alien from Ben 10

Another Alien from Ben 10

10 minutes ago StormForce 10 wasn't queuing up... What Happened?!...

After 10 minutes the queue opened and we got on the ride pretty quick, we got soaked which was a nice cool down as it was about midday!

Nice to see G-Force has had a lick of paint!...

Maelstrom through G-Force

We were hot, in desperate need of a drink and the queues were stupid... so we went for a stroll...

CompareTheMeerket.Com!

This Chimpanzee lives on its own and every time I go it always looks so lonely! :(

The Ferris Wheel has a new Black and White paint job!

We went on the 4D Cinema next, and I have to admit I was sort of impressed with it, some decent special effects! :)

Quick look around Thomas Land!

We then head for G-Force, the queue had shortened so we went for it, queued for about 30 minutes and then I got possibly my proudest picture in a while! :D

And finally, as we were heading towards Apocalypse for one final time this was the queue for StormForce 10, baring in mind the queue was running through the whole queue line aswell...

Overall, considering how stupidly busy it was, we got on a fair amount of rides...

Maelstrom x1
ShockWave x1
SotrmForce 10 x1
Apocalypse x3
Pandemonium x1
G-Force x1
Drunken Barrels x1
4D Cinema x1

Not the best review... but there we go! :D

Blaze

Re: Drayton Manor 21st April 2010 (Picture Heavy)

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:56 pm

Great pics, cheers!

No Troublesome Trucks? :shock:

A5H

Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:07 pm

Thanks! :D
And to be honest, we were in Thomas Land for like 5 minutes, it was just stupidly busy so I wanted to get out of there A.S.A.P!

furie
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:53 pm

It was absolutely heaving today, I've seen it that rammed on fireworks days and the height of summer, but never at this kind of time of year. Incredible.

DO you find it really odd that the crowds all seem to hang around the entrance, hour long queues for most rides around there, but Apocalypse is almost walk on, Pandemonium is a two cycle queue and nobody is on Drunken Barrels? I find it really bizarre for some reason.

I love the tarting up they've done, it desperately needed it. The Cartoon Network area needs more work, but it's coming.

My ride count was a rather pathetic 2 goes on Ben 10, but I couldn't be bothered with queuing for anything to be honest. Perfectly happy just milling and taking photos.
If you\'ve got a problem, stuff a worm in it!
Come and Visit the Family_Furie family review site here

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:38 am

"furie" wrote:
DO you find it really odd that the crowds all seem to hang around the entrance, hour long queues for most rides around there, but Apocalypse is almost walk on

That's because most people are terrified of the thing :lol: j/k

Great TP and pics. Thanks for sharing, A5H!
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:33 pm

Thanks for the trip report! Looks like the park was rammed, the kind of rammed that I've experienced on a school trips there. Urgh!

Glad you had a nice time though, and thanks for the awesome photos! :D
Last edited by Pennywise on Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A5H

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Thanks All :D yes Furie I did notice that, that's why we went on Apocalypse more ;) haha!
we were lucky though because every time we went near something, it opened! :D Shockwave, StormForce 10 and also the 4D Cinema was letting people in as we got there :)

Looking back on it today, despite how busy it was, it was actually a brilliant day :) great weather and got on plenty of rides :)

gazag

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:55 pm

you wasent the only one there, i was aswell and not only did i watch twist and pulse but my sister knew one of the marketing directors so we got VIP passes and got a ride on ben10:ultimate mission.
the park was really really busy and we did the stupid thing on going on stormforce 10 aswell. i didnt have 1 piece of dry clothing afterwards lol.

i was also impressed with the new 4D film and also with the little touches done around the park. its a shame that pirate adventure now has even more pirates missing and is even slower than last season. i times it and it took 22 mins from station to station.

heres some pictures and a little trip report from me too
the first thing i see as im entering the park is track, not somthing i expected however it seems that Vekoma have replaced half the 2nd spike in the last 48 hours because the train coulent make it back through the 1st half of the ride and they had to make it quicker which ment a new spike

a very pretty building, properly like a lab

1st spike and the 2nd new spike all with an audio track too

the whole coaster and bulding blend perfectally and really work well

twist and pulse the dance duo opeing the coaster and performing for us too

all this part of the track has been reworked and not even finnished painting yet, that is to be finnished befor the public opening on saturday. but being in the VIP area i have already riden it. the pre show wasent finnished but was cool and the ride itself is very very good for a kiddie coaster and the soundtrack added to the experience

YO what up bro

this reporter took a photo of me so i took a photo of him, for some reason he gave me a very wierd look, carnt imagen why?

its a family run park and heres half the family. opeing in 1950 by the older chap so the park is 61 years old. he is 90 and his son how runs it. there was 4 generations of this family at the park and i think thats a heritage to be really proud of

here i am in the VIP area taking photos of twist and pulse doing the ribon cutting and listening to the mandatory speach by the owner

and the 1st official ride is in progress with fireworks n'all

just a great ride for the park IMO, not to intence but not as kiddyish as troublesome trucks. one for all the family to enjoy. th13teen is still way better but this is about the same level but marketed correctally

oviously fire and smoke makes everything better

then twist and pulse get up on stage to do there thing. great thing also for drayton is this was for the VIPs then they performed on the satge a few hours later once the event was over for the public. what a great thing for drayton to do for its guests

rides for all ages great and small

you aproch this 1st corner at a good pace too then dissaper between buildings, the hole sensation of speed is a good thrill

the last few riders in the station befor they shut it and continued to finnish it, it did annoy quite afew people from the public with one women being ejected from the park for hitting a staff member however it is advertised as being open to the public on the 23rd of april not the 21st.

a genral overview from apocolypse plus you can see how busy the park was.

information is informative

the logest line for pirate adventure i have ever seen, seriously

dont any of you forget all my speling is always correct

i know its blury but it makes this pirate look cool and spooky

wild west shootout is the most pathetic shooting ride ever and i have one big question about the cars, WHY DO THEY HAVE MUD FLAPS!

G-force was down for the hole morning and i know why, i watched the center connecting bar between the trains break in testing. seriously. when it was running in the afternoon it ovioulsy had a completely diffrent one on there

me trying to be artistic, yeah i know it sucks right

trains with faces, you know what that means... yeah to many donuts are sending me high again

"who said donuts"!

"ummm... i think dave said it"

aww shes so cute when sleeping. shen shes tearing apart a piece of meat no so cute

im american, im not doing anything for you british idiots

the new discover thomas experience is an exact replica of the set they use to shoot thomas the tank. actually a really cool thing to see but its located right at the back of the zoo where hardly anybody goes

tail balanceing is an art

is hes as cool as dan?

gay bird dosent think so

i wish more parks would use proper steam engines not the dresed up diesel ones :(

G-force is up and running again and guess what, i hate it. id rather get brain damage from rideing the ultimate 10 times in a row at the front than go on this POS once

shockwave was supporting newly painted trains and new restainghts that didnt crush your nuts. yes still draytons best coaster

horriable but very photogenic

but the public seem to like it so it carnt be all bad

just incase you forgot where this TR is about

the best park swing ride ever. huss frisby is best one ever but its a traveling ride so this is deffo my NO1

more of the low life public enjoying G-force, yes your all below me im a VIP today

look ma, NO airtime whatsoever. seriously it sucks ass

for the park with a shop that has everything... tampax

just a pretty photo ok, now move along

looking back at ben10 from over the lake waiting in the 2 and a half hour que from stormforce 10. thats 2 rides that end with 10 in the park

i think this is the best park huss pirate ship around, its always on a really good program and is pretty powerfull too.

stormforce 10 makes all women wet

look its another really good ride tucked away in the park thats seriously undervalued. its so well themed plus

GERMAN HOTNESS!
i once asked the owner about this ride and that it didnt seem to fit in with the area of the park and he replyied with "you dont thing hot women and beer fits in with our park?" to that end i shut the hell up

if you need a super poop theres a super loo

again i suck at artisitc photots

blue train does the only standup zero-g roll in the world

more artistic crap from me

for some reason this ride looks alot bigger in photos than it really is

there was a hour que for this, A FECKING HOUR QUE

i like the view of the loop from across the lake, it rides so awsomely and looks insanely cool too.

the final picture is of the drayton queen, the original one that was a fun house but was closed 15 years ago due to safety, i have been on this the year it closed but they wont demolish it because its haunted, seriously thats the reason.[:D]

Maelstrom
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:22 pm

Great trip report and photo's. The Pirate ship at Drayton is an Intamin Model (The orginal Pirate ship which left around 2002/3 was a huss model)

The great weather for the past few weeksmust really have helped UK theme parks have one of their best Easter periods ever, and with some schools (Derbyshire and Nottingham) off the whole of next week they will continue to be busy.

caffeine_demon
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:03 pm

looks like they've done some great work tidying the place up - bravo!

how were the stormforce 10 and shockwave queues?