UK theme parks from another point of view!

jhick
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Universal Orlando

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:20 pm

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone can give me advice on how busy universal orlando (IOA and universal studios) would be in Mid June next year? I see that it is the florida school holidays then as well, do american kids go crazy for these resorts like we do?!

cheers.

Jem8472
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Universal Orlando

Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:34 pm

I think it will be fairly busy.
I first went to Orlando for the first two weeks of June a couple of years ago. The first week was dead. Almost everything was walk on. The second week was busier. We saw queues of maybe 30mins at most.

Trip advisor is very good for info on Orlando.

NeilHD
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:34 am

If it's going to be a busy time then you could do worse than staying a night at an on-site hotel. When you do that you get 2 days (arrival day and departure day) of unlimited Express passes thrown in, and early entry to Harry Potter. Plus the on-site hotels are ace. I stayed in the Hard Rock hotel for one night and it was a superb hotel. Really enjoyed it.

It was fairly pricey (around £160 for the night I think), but when you work out the cost of normal Express passes (which are only valid for ONE go on each ride, compared to the ones you get when you stay which you can use as many times as you like) it's actually about the same as the hotel stay anyway (for our family of four anyway).

Note that Rip Ride Rockit, Forbidden Journey and Pternadon Flyers can't be used with Express Passes

Terra
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:58 pm

http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/atend.htm

Above is a chart that held true for when I was there last Easter. Also, I think American schools break up later than mid June? I'm not sure.

marita
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:27 am

We went mid june 2010 and it was pretty dead. Apart from Harry Potter nothing really went over 1hr queue time. If you book with Virgin Holidays you can get early entry into the Happy Potter area before hotel guests get there and also have a breakfast. Really good as you get to see it all in the dark and as the sun comes up.

In general towards the end of June get rather busy