UK theme parks from another point of view!

addy2503
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Cambridge to Alton by train?

Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:55 pm

Hey guys, I'm hoping to go on the half term meet, but I'll probably have to go by train, & I was just wondering if there was any way to get from Cambridge to Alton by train?

SpinballEdders

Re: Cambridge to Alton by train?

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:11 pm

Get a crosscountry train to Nuneaton and then A London Midland train to Stoke and from there get a bus to Alton

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:39 am

Hi addy

Although I also live in Cambridge I've never done the journey direct from Cambridge by train as my university is in Birmingham and I stop off there first. You can get there via this method but it's a 2:40 train to Birmingham then an extra hour to Stoke and another hour waiting for their bus.

I'm guessing the route SpinballEdders has posted is quicker. I’ve found another suggestion on First Capital Connect which suggests going by London, but it's probably more expensive. Annoyingly the quickest way to travel any long distance from Cambridge station is normally to London then transfer from there as the trains in the other direction all travel really slowly. It’s a bit of a pain which is why I’m currently learning to drive (If that’s not an entry into the YKYATATW topic I don’t know what is)

I hope that helps.

jamesc
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:55 am

From London Euston you can get the fastest train to Stoke-On-Trent, a Virgin Train then get the bus to the park. EASY!
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!