UK theme parks from another point of view!

Starlight expresser
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Portaventura tips!!!

Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:50 pm

hey guys im planning to visit Portaventura theme park in september this year does anyone have any tips on finding cheapest package etc, also what is the best hotel out of the 3 onsite?.

any info would be great

cheers

Andy

marita
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Portaventura tips!!!

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:19 am

I have stayed a few times there. For me the nicest hotel is Caribe, but is only half board. El Paso is great and is all inclusive. You will get a fast track card to enjoy a few sneeky queue cutting rides.

With staying at the El Paso you get to eat in the oarks at certain vendors and get a refillable cup so saves you a bit of cash.
My hubby is going to El Paso last week of May and is costing £608 each all inclusive

Dont forget the new ride this year too... sounds fab
Have a great time

Coke
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:39 am

Having been almost every year for the past few years and stayed onsite, I would say it is invaluable to stay at Hotel PortAventura/Villa Mediterranea or Hotel Gold River as they have direct park access, so you can just walk in and out as you please, plus they tend to let you in to the park earlier. I'm not sure how they price up to the others though. Generally the best rates are booked for offer periods through the official website.

You can dine-around at any other restaurant on property with the half board plan, so you can still explore Hotel Caribe if you stayed at Hotel Gold River for example. Also you no longer get complimentary Hotel Express access, but there are heavily discounted prices available for hotel guests.

Are you thirsty?

Starlight expresser
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:03 am

Seriously need tips booking this, will certainly book an onsite hotel but question is which one? Not bothered about meals etc just need breakfast included. Really need the cheapest method of booking this as to whether I book flights seperately or just book it altogether? Do portaventura do a brochure to send for booking info?  Cheers andy xxx

marita
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:57 am

to be honest if you are looking for a cheaper option then maybe staying in Salou and then buying multi day tickets with added water park may be better for you

Coke
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:26 am

Starlight expresser wrote:
Seriously need tips booking this, will certainly book an onsite hotel but question is which one? Not bothered about meals etc just need breakfast included. Really need the cheapest method of booking this as to whether I book flights seperately or just book it altogether? Do portaventura do a brochure to send for booking info?  Cheers andy xxx

http://www.portaventura.co.uk/
Is the official site with all the details I need. We found the cheapest price was found booking through this site for hotel + ticket + half board/B&B, and then we booked flights to Reus with Ryanair.

Are you thirsty?