UK theme parks from another point of view!

Airtime
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

PTR: European Roadtrip 2nd-5th April 2012

Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:05 pm

Hey guys don't post often but I know TTF likes Europa so thought I'd share some photos.

Me and my friend from NE went on a roadtrip through Europe to Europa Park for two days and then a day at Plopsaland De Panne on the way back. We travelled through France, Belgium, Luxemberg back to France then into Germany taking around 6 or 7 hours.

Facebook is awful for handeling large amounts of photos. My Europe albums are totally screwed up now with duplicates all over the place.

I took a ton of photo's of pretty much everywhere in the park.

Quick trip report.

We had a 7:35 ferry from Dover monday with a potenial 2 hour drive from Brighton so it was an early morning. 4:00am wake up. We got to Dover an hour earlier than expected but luckily got on an earlier ferry.

Just before I felt like awful. I used to like ferries but I'm pretty much destined to not travel outside of this country. Our next roadtrip will be via the channel tunnel.

One of my favourite games is trying to get photos of good signs we pass. I fail a lot of the time but here's the ones I caught

Luxemberg<3

Urgh, France, I'm sorry to anyone who's French but I really don't like france. It's pretty grim. Everything seems so industrial and graffiti everywhere. Out of the hundreds of miles we traveled through the countryside, we went past one or two places that looked nice, Metz and Nancy. Everything else was just awful.

We drove straight past Walygator at one point, saw some great B&M from a distance but couldn't ride it.

Also we have no idea what this sign means. Would someone like to enlighten us? :p

Exciting.

The amazing sight to greet us!

The mighty Hotel Colosseo, on the other side of the road.

The hotel complex and area was awesome.

We checked in at around 4:30pm. We wasn't planning on entering the park today becuase it would be a waste of one of our two day park tickets. We we're given the last hour of the park complimenty though, great!

The view from our hotel room was great! Had a nice balconey as well.

We rushed through the park to hit up Silver Star first. Wow! I was not expecting such a good ride! We had back row though but even after quite a few rides over the several days it still impressed me. Great ride!

We hit Schweizer Bobbahn after to get my 100th credit purely for comical reasons. Not bad, Avalanche at Blackpool is better.

Some photos of those two coasters will come later...

I think we was the only people in the whole park that was in shorts.

Walking back through the park after closing to our hotel.

Awesome sight!

Our hotel, Castillo Alcazar towering over the spanish area of the park.

The themeing and pure atmosphere in each area is incredable. It really feels like your in a different country with each area.

We went to Hotel Colosseo for food that night. Which was just the basic continental buffet rubbish you get from any European hotel resturant. Not that good and very overpriced.

At one point I asked for another Sprite. I got something that looked like a weak Coke.
Turned out to be a MezzoMix, whatever that is I don't know.

The view from the top.

In the morning we had access to Bluefire and a few other rides before park opening because we we're hotel guests. So we hit up bluefire a few times. Another surprise of the trip. I wasn't expecting it to be that good! The launch was as good as an hydraulic launch if not better. The top hat was a little bizzare, created quite a bit of hang time. The turn after the loop was great so were the two corkscrews. Finally the inline, that was brilliant, one of my favourite inversions.

Cant really remember what we did next.

Wodan's got great interaction and look greats but that's about it. It's nothing special, it's fun dont get me wrong but GCI's are extremely over hyped if Wodan's supposed to be one of the best. The first drop is awesome and that's about it. I rode it twice in the front as well as a few other places and it was pretty similar in all rows.

The queue's got some great themeing. It's such a shame it was a large indoor section that's basically a tunnel that takes around 30 mins to get through  :|

At one point in the day we searched for some food. I wanted to try something foreign but everything we came across had no pictues so we had no idea what it was because it was in German. So we settled for trying bratwurst. Although we did ask for one Currywurst and one bratwusrt...
Yeezus just rose again!

Airtime
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Re: PTR: European Roadtrip 2nd-5th April 2012

Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:07 pm

Yeezus just rose again!

Dar

Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:04 pm

Awesome pictures, some angles I've not seen before!

But...you don't know what MezzoMix is??? It's a drink of the gods! (AKA a mixture of Fanta and Coke that, when done correctly, tastes divine!)

Rollermad
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:21 pm

The (110) sign is km per hour !

Airtime
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:48 pm

^The "rappel" sign  :P

Dar, we actually thought it was more like coke and sprite. Didn't taste the fanta in there
Yeezus just rose again!