UK theme parks from another point of view!

Jubby
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Disneyland CA and Universal Singapore

Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Hi Guys
This September and October I am lucky enough to be heading over to Aussie land for 10 days with my wife. Either side of this I will stopping off in Singapore on the way and Los Angeles on the way back.

I'm quite happy with the research and things I have read on Universal Singapore, going for 1 day, will aim to get there just before opening and stay until the end, followed by tea at Hard Rock and watch the crane show. We will be there on a Tuesday, so crowds hopefully won't be a problem and really can't wait for it!
Only thing not sure on is the cable car that you can get to Sentosa island - easiest way to do it and if it is worth doing it? Any other tips would be appreciated too thanks!

The real thing I am wondering about is visiting Disneyland in California and how much we will be able to get done and any other tips you can give that i won't have read on the net already.
We are going to be having 2.5 days in the parks. We land at LAX at about 1pm on Thursday 4th of October (after leaving at 10pm the same day - gona be so wierd crossing the date line) and hope to be in disneyland by 3pm after driving in a hire car to our hotel (holiday inn hotel and suites) which is around a 10min walk from the park - stay until close.
The next day - all day at Disneyland again.
3rd day (Saturday 6th) will be all day at California adventure, maybe a couple of more hours in disneyland after if there was something we missed and there is time after world of colour show.
So, do you think this will be enough? We don't have kids, so will avoid the kiddy rides and we don't mess about sitting in cafes or walking slow, so we tend to get alot done on days out and will use fastpass. We aim to do the top rides on the first half day and hopefully get re-rides on these on our full day in Disneyland park. The only downer is that we have managed to book on a week that ends with a US bank holiday - Columbus day, which is on the Monday, but hopefully this will only lead to a busy saturday when we're in the 'easier to do' California adventure. But we do want to do pretty much everything and would be very dissapointed to miss anything out, although we have been to Florida, so there is some repeat rides.
We have another day in LA too, but were going to Hollywood, which I wouldn't like to miss for another disney day.

Help is appreciated and any other tips welcome. Thanks!