UK theme parks from another point of view!

King Nemesis
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Will Florida's theme parks be busy when i go?

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:45 pm

Hello,
I am going to Florida 22nd May - 5th June and wondering what parks in the Orlando/Florida area are like during these months, as in how busy it will be so i can plan ahead and so i have a rough idea.

The main parks im looking for is Disney, Universal, Islands of adventure and Seaworld.
If you have any experience or information please let me know

Thankyou!

SLC
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Will Florida's theme parks be busy when i go?

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:35 pm

I went a few weeks ago, it was reasonably busy but we made heavy use of single rider queues which shortened the waits immensely. Magic Kingdom and IoA will be the busiest, and if you try to get down to Busch Gardens on a weekday, the place will be dead.

When I went, it was supposedly spring break, so it'll probably be less busy for you.

Jem8472
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:12 pm

Well a few years ago I went to Florida at the end of May beginning of June.

The first week was pretty dead. I think the longest queue was 20/30 mins but that was Poseidons fury.

The second week was busier but still manageable with using SRQ and just that theme park enthusiasts sixth sense of where the crowds are :P

http://www.orlandoinformer.com/universa ... -calendar/

That should give you an idea of what it might be like.

What parks are you planning on going to? Where are you staying? what are your plans :P

King Nemesis
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:15 am

Hi thanks for the info.
We are staying in davenport which according to Google maps about 30 minutes from all of the main parks we will be visiting which include Disney, universal / islands of adventure, seaworld and most of the waterparks (wet n wild, blizzard beach, typhoon lagoon and maybe the new legoland one opening two days after we get there.

We are going as a family with my 10 year old sister and her friend who is about 6 so we will be visiting disneys parks more often than others because its tge most magical place for them (and adults too) but im not that bothered going Disney.
Last edited by King Nemesis on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

SLC
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:29 pm

I didn't think I'd enjoy the Disney parks too much. Although I found AK and Epcot quite boring (we only had half days), MK and HS surprised me quite a lot. Don't miss the fireworks or Fantasmic.

Here's a tip: Disney offer transport between parks, so if you're not getting a taxi, park at a park (maybe MK as it's open later) and take a bus to whatever park you want to go to, then come back on the transport to drive home :)

DanB
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:23 am

Check out the following links to determine how busy it will be at the Disney parks

http://yourfirstvisit.net/wp-content/up ... -Order.jpg

http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-wor ... d-calendar