UK theme parks from another point of view!

Delta79
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

planning my daughters first trip to the towers.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:14 am

I am planning to take my daughter on her first trip to alton towers later in the year.

she only been on big dipper at BPB a couple of years ago. and i am looking for a coaster to start her off on at the towers.

I thought with the experience on here you could suggest the best one to start with on the park.
But there are a couple of ride i am counting out now.

Sub terra - she will freak out.
Charlie and the something that look like chocolate factory - my name for it says what i think of it.

any suggestions great fully received :D

Child 'O' Nemmy
TT Member
TT Member

Re: planning my daughters first trip to the towers.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:51 am

Th13teen,TH13TEEN,thirteen or 13  :lol:
That's probably the best one for her... It's enough of a ride to feel thrilling, and the indoor element is always a great surprise to people who don't know. But it isn't too much of a ride to feel intimidating.
But, if she wants to go a bit bigger, take her on air, not too fast, a relaxing and none intimating theme, but still a thrill ride, whilst th13teen is more of a family thrill. If she's been on the big dipper, Th13teen should be fine, and possibly air to.:)
Hope I've helped...

Jem8472
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:31 am

RMT is always a good start for people that are unsure of rides. But if she has been on the big one I would think that most of the rides at AT she will be ok on. Spinball wizzer is a good ride. Good fun and not very intense.

ImURNemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:29 pm

RMT,Spinball and Thirteen. Air, if your daughter is tall enough, that nice free as a bird feeling is great! Duel? Depends on if your child likes zombie, stary stuff, Hex. Rapids, Flume , Gallons are all good.

If the Skyride is open (A very big IF!) take her on that and get to appreciate the views around all of Alton Towers!  Hope you both have a great time! Enjoy and have fun  :D

djtruefitt

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:43 pm

The mine train is a great first rollercoaster ride to start on, but as she has been on the big on that will probably seem a bit tame. Sonic is also a good ride, my little brother went on it for the first time the other week and he really liked it (we did it twice in fact!) and because its themed as Sonic, its a brand that kids know and love.

Like the others have said TH13TEEN is also a good family ride (themed wrongly many would say).

Delta79
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:09 pm

thanks, i knew i would get some well thought out answers.

She done Thunder Mountain at DLRP. so may miss out RMT, unless we have time later in the day. I am hoping she got the coaster gene.

I am thinking air or Th13teen to start. but where to go from there?

do you think Th13teen to Rita or Air to Nemesis is a big jump for a newish rider, if she take the gentler ones ok?

RyanY
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:20 pm

In terms of intensity, Th13teen to Rita and Air to Nemesis are quite big leaps. If she's OK with Air and Th13teen and wants something more thrilling then move onto Oblivion. :)

But I would suggest Rita before Nemesis because the launch is te only really intense on he ride while Nemesis has many intense parts. :)

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:08 am

Here's the order that I took and it worked fine for me.

Air
Spinball
Oblivion
TH13TEEN
Rita
Nemesis

I'd recommend TH13TEEN above Oblivion due to the fear factor. Rita and Nemesis last due to being too intense, I'd recommend RMT after lich maybe. Have fun, hope this helps!
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:12 pm

I would strongly recommend starting out with either Nemesis or Oblivion. After riding one of these, the most intense and intimidating coasters in the park respectively, the rest of the day can be spent enjoying the rest of the attractions on offer, as opposed to in nervous anticipation of increasingly large scale coasters.

It doesn't work with everyone, and your daughter may be different, but I generally find this to be the most effective way of dealing with things. It's obviously a struggle to get on that first extreme thrill ride, but once you're 'over it' the fun can commence. 

If not, Th13teen is undoubtedly the best ride as a 'starter coaster', in my opinion. :D

tommurphy16
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:14 pm

my personal opinion would be
spinball
th13teen
rita
air
nemisis
but it depends on how old and how tall your daughter is :D

UltimateDingbat
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:33 am

I would get yourself down into Forbidden Valley and ride nemesis first. It is the most exhilerating feeling. heres my order.

RUn to Forbidden Valley
Nemesis
Air
Ripsaw
Blade (if you like that sorta thing)
Sky Ride to Dark Forest
Hex (Break recovery)
Rita
Th13teen
Ice Age (nice break again)
Check ride tme for Spinball then ride this if the queue isnt too bad OR
Go to X Sector ride Submission & Enterprise