UK theme parks from another point of view!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: The 'How busy will it be?' Topic

Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:46 pm

With no new attraction, it won't be too busy, with queues for the major rides being reasonable. I don't really think there's really any day in the theme park's season where the guests are mostly enthusiasts, so opening day is no different with the usual proportion of general public visiting.

fizzo
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:59 pm

How busy is it likely to be the weekends of the Feb half term? Anyone know? Thanks.

Morgan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:15 pm

Quiet, I'd imagine

Anonymous1
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:18 pm

How busy will it be on:

The opening weekend (Sunday 22th March)?

Weekday after the opening weekend - Monday 23th?

First week after schools reopen after Easter holidays - 13th April onwards, Wednesday 15th April perhaps?

I'd like to have maximum wait of 10 minutes on all rides excluding the smiler? Is this even possible?

Thanks,

gmonster
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:59 pm

I asked this question in the wrong section.....oops

Anyway how busy is it going to be on the 14th and 15th of September? We are stopping in the Enchanted Village :D I know kids go back the week before so i hope its quiet.

Thanks

TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:03 am

Anonymous1 wrote:
How busy will it be on:

The opening weekend (Sunday 22th March)?

Weekday after the opening weekend - Monday 23th?

First week after schools reopen after Easter holidays - 13th April onwards, Wednesday 15th April perhaps?

I'd like to have maximum wait of 10 minutes on all rides excluding the smiler? Is this even possible?

Thanks,

Opening weekend? Thats realy optimistic for such short queues. Not a chance, bro. Not 100% about the weekday, probably will be less busy but still more so than usual. Out of that list i would say the 15th of April is probably is most likely to have short queues-most of the people going over the easter holidays will have gone over the easter holidays. I think that the times you are proposing are possible but unlikely...maybe on an off peak rainy day you would get that

GMonster- fair choice, I cant see queues being too bad then. I sure hope it goes well!
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!

gmonster
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:36 am

TheBeast wrote:

GMonster- fair choice, I cant see queues being too bad then. I sure hope it goes well!

Thanks TheBeast :D

daveybhoy
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:18 am

In reply to Anonymous1, I am planning on taking family that week as schools in our area take fortnight from Good Friday. Been doing some research to guess likelihood of busyness and it's a mixed bag. Schools in Gr Glasgow, Merseyside, Gr Manchester and West Yorkshire all appear to still be off w/c 13th April whereas sample authorities I checked in West and East Midlands and South Yorkshire seem to be back at school. Checked one London borough (Brent). They're still off school too, but hopefully they'll go to Thorpe Park anyway. Hope this helps.

fizzo
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:24 am

Will be visiting tomorrow. How busy has it been this week? Is it quieter straight after opening or before closing? Thanks.

MrAlex
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:05 pm

How busy will it be on monday 23rd march? Thanks in advance.

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:27 pm

MrAlex wrote:

Very very quiet. I'd expect mostly all attractions to be walk on with the exception of The Smiler which I imagine will be no more than 30 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conqi
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:15 pm

Dan.N wrote:
MrAlex wrote:

Very very quiet. I'd expect mostly all attractions to be walk on with the exception of The Smiler which I imagine will be no more than 30 minutes.

Actually it's national Science week at Alton Towers 23rd - 27th March and the place will be rammed full of school children. I had the misfortune of not realizing this last year and it certainly isn't walk on anything.

https://www.altontowers.com/info-help/schools/national-science-week

AvidPenguin
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:49 pm

Conqi wrote:
Dan.N wrote:
MrAlex wrote:

Actually it's national Science week at Alton Towers 23rd - 27th March and the place will be rammed full of school children. I had the misfortune of not realizing this last year and it certainly isn't walk on anything.

https://www.altontowers.com/info-help/schools/national-science-week

I visited last year on the 25th (Tuesday) and it was absolutely dead. No 5min+ queues for anything, not even on The Smiler. Will be visiting on the 24th this year because of how good it was last year.
I'm the one with the horse mask that likes Vekoma...

3Dimensions
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:17 am

Going on 6th May for the second time ever (and the first time in almost 10 years), so of course I don't really know how busy it will be. How long could I expect the queues to be for all the big rides? I plan on getting there for when the gates open and I am catching the bus from Uttoxeter to get there. Would the Smiler be a good ride to go on first or should I head to Forbidden Valley?

Wildboy
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:30 pm

Im going to Thorpe on Saturday 14th March and wondering if its worth getting a fast pass? Its opening weekend but this years attraction is not opening until 27th so Im hoping that people will wait it out. Any thoughts how busy it may be?

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:25 pm

Hi,

Planning on going to Thorpe Park and Alton Towers in June over 2 days, we are aiming for Wednesday 10th of June to go to Thorpe Park and then the following day (Thursday 11th of June) to go to Alton Towers.

Considering schools haven't broken up yet and university students will have only just finished. How busy do you think the 2 days will be?

Thanks Guys :D

RIDECRAZY
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:53 pm

Deadjack5 wrote:
Hi,

Planning on going to Thorpe Park and Alton Towers in June over 2 days, we are aiming for Wednesday 10th of June to go to Thorpe Park and then the following day (Thursday 11th of June) to go to Alton Towers.

Considering schools haven't broken up yet and university students will have only just finished. How busy do you think the 2 days will be?

Thanks Guys :D

It shouldn't be that busy, I'd say around 10 minute queues (excluding The Smiler which I'd imagine to be around 40 and CBeebies Land! School's aren't yet on summer holidays but many schools take trips to Alton Towers during June/Early July, however a lot of these take place on Fridays hence why it shouldn't be very busy!

Hope this helps :)

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Ah brilliant! Went around July i think last time and it wasn't that bad then. Thanks for that!

vikkimoo
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:50 pm

How busy do people think it will be on Father's Day (21st June)? My dad's desperate to get corrected!

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:59 pm

vikkimoo wrote:
How busy do people think it will be on Father's Day (21st June)? My dad's desperate to get corrected!

i'd imagine that the queues would be reasonably long, with the smiler queue the longest. Expect about 30mins-90min queues and with the exeption of smiler with queues of 60 mins-140mins. Cbeebies land won't be very busy (up to 30 mins). correct me if i'm wrong.
have a great time, smile. always. you belong to the smiler