UK theme parks from another point of view!

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The 'How busy will it be?' Topic

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:34 am

Sunday and Monday just gone it was 0 mins for all rides  :lol:
If you go down to the woods today

redpiggy
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:26 am

adamscybot wrote:

This is correct. Did a bit of work. Here are the councils which break up early, i.e. 22nd, this friday:

That works out at about 13.5% of the population. Probs worth noting this includes Leicester though.

And yes, I was procrastinating on my actual work.

Leicester?
I'm not sure whether I'm jumping to the right conclusion with that statement or not  :|

adamscybot
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:16 pm

redpiggy wrote:
adamscybot wrote:

This is correct. Did a bit of work. Here are the councils which break up early, i.e. 22nd, this friday:

That works out at about 13.5% of the population. Probs worth noting this includes Leicester though.

Leicester?
I'm not sure whether I'm jumping to the right conclusion with that statement or not  :|

Well my conclusion is that it will be a little bit busier than this week - but still pretty easy to get on everything. Only reason I mentioned Leicester is because that 13.5% is not taking into account the proximity of those councils to towers. But it wont make a huge difference I imagine.

Georgewxm
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:16 pm

How long are the early ride time queues?

redpiggy
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:08 am

adamscybot wrote:
redpiggy wrote:
adamscybot wrote:

Leicester?

Well my conclusion is that it will be a little bit busier than this week - but still pretty easy to get on everything. Only reason I mentioned Leicester is because that 13.5% is not taking into account the proximity of those councils to towers. But it wont make a huge difference I imagine.

Ah I didn't even think about proximity..
I'm driving about 2.5 hours, so just assume that everyone else doesn't care about the journey either :P

Vkumar3908
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:09 pm

Last Year I went on August 26th 2012 and it was very quiet, we didn't even have to use fastpasses! Will it be the same for this year on the 25th? It's a sunday by the way

Jammydodger
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:50 pm

Do you think it would be just plain suicide to visit on Easter Sunday?
Was thinking of planning a staff trip since the place I work at is closed, but I would hate for everyone to end up having a crap day due to the queues.

CoventryBee
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:49 pm

I know the kids will have gone back but it's a Saturday so I don't know how busy it'll be.

How busy do you guys think Saturday 20th April will be?

JaykeAT
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:15 pm

8th may,what do you think?

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:12 pm

quiet depending when Smiler opens :)

SamSimkin
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:13 pm

April 4th?
Once thought air was the best. Then Th13teen for some reason.

Now I have found the ultimate beast ... OBLIVION

Kittykat1987
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:23 pm

Thinking about going on a Tuesday in June. People are telling me it will be busy, do we think this right? Anytime really start, middle or end but will definitely be a Tuesday! What do you think people?

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:46 pm

Kittykat1987 wrote:
Thinking about going on a Tuesday in June. People are telling me it will be busy, do we think this right? Anytime really start, middle or end but will definitely be a Tuesday! What do you think people?

I would say more likely to be quiet at the beginning of June for students still being in college and uni, but we have people waiting for smiler to open so could now go either way...

Kittykat1987
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:57 pm

Kirsty25 wrote:
Kittykat1987 wrote:

I would say more likely to be quiet at the beginning of June for students still being in college and uni, but we have people waiting for smiler to open so could now go either way...

Yeah, it would be beginning I think! I am one of those people waiting for The Smiler, haha! Thank you :)

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:15 pm

Kittykat1987 wrote:
Kirsty25 wrote:
Kittykat1987 wrote:

Yeah, it would be beginning I think! I am one of those people waiting for The Smiler, haha! Thank you :)

I'm going 10th 11th and 12th of June cos it is the week after kids school holidays :) week before is the whitsun holidays for most I believe!

Kittykat1987
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:40 pm

Kirsty25 wrote:
Kittykat1987 wrote:
Kirsty25 wrote:
Kittykat1987 wrote:

I'm going 10th 11th and 12th of June cos it is the week after kids school holidays :) week before is the whitsun holidays for most I believe!

Cool! I think we will look at going on 11th! Here's hoping its not manic! :)

matt9210
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:48 am

What do you think queue times will be like this Tuesday - Friday and next Monday - Friday? Mainly for the roller coasters and the family rides like The Flume and Rapids.

Haven't been in the school holidays for years, so not sure what to expect. Was going to avoid going until the Smiler opens, but would like to make the most of the 2 weeks I have off from college and work! :)

I've read through the thread, and its a shame more people don't post their experience on how it was on a recent visit/same period last year :(
Last edited by matt9210 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

SamSimkin
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:08 pm

How busy will it be tomorrow?

CoventryBee
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:13 pm

Any idea how busy it'll be on Saturday?

SamSimkin
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:16 pm

Really Urgent : how busy will it be on Sunday?