UK theme parks from another point of view!

Wildboy
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Water parks near Europa

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:59 pm

I have just booked my flights for europa park on my 30th birthday in June this year. We are going for 4.5 days so i plan to spend two days at europa park and then two days looking around the area. If there is nothing better to do, we will spend a spare day at Black forest and another day in the swiss alps. But if there are any water parks or other theme parks near europa then I would probably pay them a visit. Any suggestions besides trees and mountains?
Enjoying Rollercoasters as part of a healthy balanced diet since 1983

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Water parks near Europa

Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:46 pm

I haven't been to Europa, but am planning on heading there in April of this year and will (like you) be headed for the Black Forest in addition to the theme park on the trip. I've done some research and, to be honest, there aren't really any decent theme or water parks close to Europa, which is a shame. The most reasonable is Holiday World (ie - Expedition GeForce) - but even that is 2 1/2 hours away by car.

I've heard rumours in the pipeline that Europa are planning to build their own waterpark at some point in the not too distant future - it'd no doubt be a welcome addition if built. :)

So, no, sorry. I'm sure three days at Europa itself wouldn't be too much of a stretch though. Assuming it'll be your first visit?

Wildboy
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:12 am

Thanks for the input. Yes its going to be my first visit to Europa. I think we will only spend two days there though because generally we work our way round fairly quick and did portaVentura in one day without missing anything. Having not been to Europa I can't compare and its not easy to judge from a google map but Europa does not look huge. We will be hiring a car so may just drive about and find something interesting to keep us occupied.
Enjoying Rollercoasters as part of a healthy balanced diet since 1983

JoshC
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:50 am

Having been to Europa before I can say that it is a very big park and does take a while to get round, there is just a ridiculously vast amount of rides there that you need a few days to get on everything. Last summer I spent 4 and a half days there and didn't get everything done, but I do have quite a slow pace :P If you're quick you might get everything done in 3 days, or all the main rides in 2. It depends if you are interested in seeing any of the shows, or are you just going for the rides? If so then maybe 2 days will be enough.

Also the main coasters may look like they have stupidly long queues, but they are constantly moving so rarely go above 30-40 mins. :)