UK theme parks from another point of view!

Thom
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

The Burger Kitchen

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:04 am

Post your reviews about any of the three Burger Kitchen outlets here...

:D

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Burger Kitchen

Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:15 pm

We ate in the CCL restaraunt on opening day as it was chilly and it was new  :lol:
There were 16 of us at the time I think and all of us were served very quickly, it's a very simple menu so it was really hard for us to decide on what we wanted.

The only issue I had was my quarter pounder had been sat for maybe 10-15 minutes. It was warm still, but it had that feel of neglect to it..... Drying burger and hard cheese type feel. That aside it was nice, the chips were awesome and I'm so glad they are not just our typical cheap fries.
I tried some of the chicken burger the wife got and I would fully recommend that over anything from Chicken Co!

I think Boz had an issue with his coke where the syrup had ran out, UG I think everything else for everybody was just fine.

The refurb has been brilliant, it looks nice, clean and modern. Gone are the days of McDonalds wacky theming which is a shame, but we all commented that even if McDonalds still had that restaraunt now the theming will have probably gone in favour for their new green and brown modern styling anyway.

Overall, it's a good change. The food was nice, the service was good, but it was opening day so I will let them off that they were understandably shaky and clearly nervous because anybody would be the same.
The prices are a little high for normal paying guests, but still under BK and really sport on with an ATAP or MAP discount.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

Luce
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:33 pm

I had to wait a little longer for mine on opening day but as Kenzie said, understandable given it was the first day however the staff member who served me was friendly and we had a chat about how the day was going so far.  I enjoyed both my meals there on the two occasions I visited and will definitely be returning to the Burger Kitchen next time I'm on park.

Bullet Hell
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:53 pm

The HP BBQ sauce was really good, I'll be buying myself some of that :)

I thought the chips were a bit greasy though, made me feel a bit queasy :(

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:21 am

Visited on Monday, excellent quality food, the service was good. We will definitely be returning.

I put into the stats machines two comments for improvement:
-The ability to have cheese with the chicken burger (even if its extra)
-I hate the idea that the straws are not individually wrapped, because if somebody has picked their nose or not washed their hands, then they go to pick up a straw, their dirty fingers get in all the straws.

But I think Merlin have nailed this one, lets hope they don't screw everyone over and bump up the price
If you go down to the woods today

Balb0wa
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 7:13 pm

Thought id try a quarter pounder meal today, was quite nice, tasty, the bun was a bit cold but ok for £5.20 with AP discount.

BHXDMT
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:20 pm

I've been to The Burger Kitchen in CCL twice now...

First occasion, lots of staff on tills around lunchtime so very little queue. I found the offering to be adequate, and went for the Quarter Pounder Meal which was good value at £5.20 with an AP. The burger wasn't very warm, and the size of the drink is a bit of a cop out since they don't offer "large" meals, one size only... the fries were the highlight, and were akin to what BK serve which pleases me as they're better than the McD offering!

Second occasion, there was a very large queue as you walked in, but in reality it took very little time to get served. I tried the Chicken Premium meal... much better than the Quarter Pounder! Was still hot, and tasted great. Fries again perfect, but that small drink again... but if that's the only thing I complain about then I suppose they're doing a good job!

I've noticed that they tend to cook/order things in bulk then leave them there ready for when the orders are put through - the beverages are certainly stacked three high and ready to go! Both times my Coke wasn't as cold as it could be purely because it had been standing there along with the rest waiting for someone to order them!

All in all it does the job it was made for, and my complaints really are minor! I personally prefer to have a choice of regular and large meals, but that's just me... seems to be doing a good trade anyway! The restaurant itself is nice enough and nicely refurbished from when it was BK. I also love the sauces on offer... nobody seems to do Mayo these days so to have it 'on tap' is a joy!

I'd still go to Pizza Pasta Buffet if I needed something more filling, but for a mid-day 'snack' it does the job.

archie4wolves
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm

I was actually thinking of writing to AT and asking them to consider getting BK or Mcdonalds in again instead of this half arsed money spinner.

Whilst I don't expect gourmet style burgers, I tried both the Chicken premium and the quarter pounder. Both were terrible. I'm glad they have sauce on tap because I drowned my chicken burger with ketchup as it was the only way I could eat it.

My friends and I commented on a young lad carrying a picnic box into the park and how much of a nightmare it would be to carry it around with him all day. Well I think in future I will be bringing a picnic bag (lighter than a box) and disposing of it after we eat lunch.

The building was nice and clean, well decorated and staff were friendly but it didn't make up for the lack of quality in the food.

Hari
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:54 pm

I actually really enjoyed my quarter pounder here :) Better than MaccieD's!
NR

lucy2244
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:07 pm

I have been to the burger kitchen 3 times this year. Each time I have only had chips but thoroughly enjoyed them every time! I think they're just as good as McDonald's chips and the BBQ sauce is yummy too!
The seats in forbidden valley are a pleasant place to eat (if you can find one free). However one time we decided to eat inside the CCL restaurant. Food was still nice- but I found the decor outdated and a little bit cold. There wasn't much atmosphere and some would argue there isn't in any fast food restaurant, but there's just something about that place that turns me off. I don't know if it's the very large space when you walk into the door or what- it just doesn't seem right to me!
Thanks to Lewis97 :)

ollboll9
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:30 pm

On July the 11th we decided (well my friend demanded we had lunch, I told her to wit till X-sector and we'd get a chicken burger from The Kentucky Fried Chicken Co., but she wouldn't have it :/) to have lunch in The Burger Kitchen in FV, about half an hour or more later!!!!! we got our food, both the same chicken burger meal with coke. Yes ok it was lunchtime in the school trip season but up to an hour is stupid. Never the less the food was DELICIOUS!! and TBH if we waited till later the queue would have been non existant because all tills were being operated efficiantly, it was the teenage girls who all decided to order seperatly that were holding everybody up. It must be said though the foods nice and suprisingly filling.  :D
Poop. Always

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:54 pm

I enjoyed my burger earlier, I would go again and again and again

MadJakkle
TT Member
TT Member

Burger Kitchen

Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Hey all, what are your opinions on Burger Kitchen @ AT, went this week for our usual annual trip and to say we were disappointed was an understatement. We had quarter pounder meals and I don't think i've ever experienced so much gristle/fat in a burger, checking reviews on Tripadvisor there is a mixed reaction to them being "inedible" to " excellent", what are your thoughts?

TomL
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:54 pm

Went on Saturday and found that it was okay value for money, cheaper than burger king with a MAP discount. This was my first burger kitchen trip and I had a chicken deluxe meal. The chips were actually better than I expected however the chicken burger was extremely greasy as when I bit into it a big dollop of grease dropped out. There was a measly serving of mayo and salad on the burger too. I found I waited a while too. But one highlight: the attendant pulled my drink out of nowhere from under the desk:O  the assistant at fried chicken co. Did the same too! Guess the AT magic still exists! :-P

MadJakkle
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Burger Kitchen

Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:55 pm

Ta, did a search prior to posting but didn't spot that one :-) Some mixed reviews on that thread! It's a weird burger, if you don't look at it, it's eatable but it's nowhere near the quality of BK or a MCD's QP.

MadJakkle
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:58 pm

Sorry folks, but in my opinion the burgers sold here are truly horrible compared to BK/McD. Fat and Gristle is all we could see in our QP meals and for £13 odd we were not happy....

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:51 am

I would be interested to see the profit margin on the food there.

I guess they take a balance, there will always be a percentage of guests who don't like it and some which do.

The main thing to look at is they have a captive audience and it really doesn't matter if the guests though the foods was pants as if they go elsewhere Merlin still make a profit and by the time the guests return most will forget about the previous meal.

LevSusenka
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:35 pm

Would be interesting to see if the quality varies between busy and quiet times or any other reasons that might put staff under more pressure.

I haven’t yet tried the burgers only the chicken place and I found that fine but then how far wrong can you go with chicken.

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:25 pm

Well when you look at Burger KING at Thorpe who mess up a burger, fries and coke order every time I go... very wrong I guess!

Jamie
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:07 am

MadJakkle wrote:
Sorry folks, but in my opinion the burgers sold here are truly horrible compared to BK/McD. Fat and Gristle is all we could see in our QP meals and for £13 odd we were not happy....

I agree with this (although I have only eaten at Chessington's one, they are probably similar).  It is wrong to drive out a brand and create something more expensive and worse.
"ENTER VALHALLA!"