UK theme parks from another point of view!

redpiggy
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Honeymoon Planning.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:08 pm

So.. I'm not officially engaged as yet, but we are unofficially engaged and will be getting married Autumn 2015 or 2016.
We're going to be planning a small ish wedding, saving up a lot of money for an amazing Theme Park (World) Tour!

We're planning on visiting a number of English, European and potentially American/Asian theme parks finances dependent, in our wedding outfits!

So.. What I want from you guys is inspiration!!
Where would you recommend, for how long, and any particular ride recommendations rather than whole parks?
My OH hasn't done Disneyworld, and we'll probably have a whole separate holiday for Florida themeparks a couple of years after.

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Honeymoon Planning.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:15 pm

We getting married in Florida in Sept 2016. Been saving since 2011 since we last went.

SmilingMonkey
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:38 pm

That sounds awesome! However, bar Florida and a couple of European parks I don't have much experience of Theme Parks. I'd definitely recommend PortAventura (ideally on a weekday out of the school holidays)

Flights to Reus are fairly cheap (Ryanair fly there) and a day, given that the park is open from 10am - midnight in the Summer, should cover it. There's also a beach nearby and Barcelona can be reached on a bus in about 1hr and 30mins for 19 euros.
Alton Towers, Animal Kingdom (WDW), Blizard Beach (WDW), Chessington World of Adventures, Epcot (WDW), Hollywood Studios (WDW), Legoland, Magic Kingdom (WDW), PortAventura, Seaworld (Orlando), Thorpe Park, Typhoon Lagoon (WDW), Universal Studios and Universal Islands of Adventure

redpiggy
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:06 pm

SmilingMonkey wrote:
That sounds awesome! However, bar Florida and a couple of European parks I don't have much experience of Theme Parks. I'd definitely recommend PortAventura (ideally on a weekday out of the school holidays)

Flights to Reus are fairly cheap (Ryanair fly there) and a day, given that the park is open from 10am - midnight in the Summer, should cover it. There's also a beach nearby and Barcelona can be reached on a bus in about 1hr and 30mins for 19 euros.

PortAventura is already on my list  ;)
My OH went went he was younger, but I've never been and I'm desperate to go!

Jubby
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:15 pm

I would look to Europe as a nice road trip. Try the cheap overnight ferry from Hull to Rotterdam with your car and visit Efteling. Then its a short drive down to Cologne for Phantasialand and Movie park. Not too far further south is Europa park and you could circle back round to Disney Paris and back to the Uk. Or for a trip longer than a week and a bit you could add on more parks in Germany. Or Gardaland in Northern Italy, plus there is Port aventura, but both are a little further away and would add a few days each to the trip.

America has 2 obvious road trip areas for theme parks. California has Disney, Universal, Six flags, Sea World, Knotts berry farm and a few others all very close together. Vegas not too far away aeither.
Then in the area south and east of Chicago you have Cedar point and other parks that I see mentioned on websites such as Dollywood, Holiday world and silver dollar city - not sure how close together these are.

Elsewhere in the world you would have to be flying between cities. Singapore has a Universal theme park - very good but not as good as Florida - both of which i have been to. Tokyo has supposedly the best park in the world, Disney Sea (and a disneyland). Hong kong has a Disneyland with the new mistic manor and grizzly gulch. They also have Ocean park. Australia have 3 parks in Brisbane.

Happy travelling!