UK theme parks from another point of view!

mattiepearce
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

School Trip Help!

Sat May 31, 2014 9:48 pm

I going to towers with school as our end of year trip this year and as I haven't been in a good few years what would you guys suggest to do have the best day possible?

We leave lincoln at 9 and leave the park at around 4:30/5pm
Previously known as Coastermadpearce.

Rockstar

Re: School Trip Help!

Sat May 31, 2014 10:25 pm

Sorry For Stealing Your Topic But That's Reminded Me About My End Of Year Drayton Manor Trip.7th Of June If That Helps.

mattiepearce
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat May 31, 2014 10:54 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Sorry For Stealing Your Topic But That's Reminded Me About My End Of Year Drayton Manor Trip.7th Of June If That Helps.

You're quite alright for stealing the topic as I went there last year as my end of year trip so can help.
We went straight to G-Force with a 1-2 queue and did that once. We then went straight to shockwave with a 20 min queue and then we did maelstrom we did the rapids and did shockwave bout 2 more times. At the end we went on pandemonium. My tip is do g force first and leave pandemonium till last depended on queue times. Hope that helped. :)

Fish777
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 31, 2014 11:07 pm

Hi CMP,
When I went recently, I found a good way to get on rides with little queues; go to nemesis first, as most people go towards x-sector, which allows you to get rides on nemesis and air with small queues, then when the other people start to come to FV, head over to the other side of the park. I did this on Tuesday and got two rides on nemesis front row and air once within 15 mins

mattiepearce
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:41 am

TRM wrote:
Hi CMP,
When I went recently, I found a good way to get on rides with little queues; go to nemesis first, as most people go towards x-sector, which allows you to get rides on nemesis and air with small queues, then when the other people start to come to FV, head over to the other side of the park. I did this on Tuesday and got two rides on nemesis front row and air once within 15 mins

Thanks will probably try this.

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:56 am

If you're leaving Lincoln at 9 it's highly possible that you won't be in the park until 11:30, so I'd take that into account when planning what rides to do when.

Rockstar

Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:31 pm

Coastermadpearce wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

You're quite alright for stealing the topic as I went there last year as my end of year trip so can help.
We went straight to G-Force with a 1-2 queue and did that once. We then went straight to shockwave with a 20 min queue and then we did maelstrom we did the rapids and did shockwave bout 2 more times. At the end we went on pandemonium. My tip is do g force first and leave pandemonium till last depended on queue times. Hope that helped. :)

What About Stormforce 10,Bounty And Apocalypse?

mattiepearce
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:31 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Coastermadpearce wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

What About Stormforce 10,Bounty And Apocalypse?

StormForce 10 was a 3 1/2 hour queue and the person I was with didn't want go on Apocalypse and I wasn't particularly bothered about not going on it.Bounty was effort to go too. xD. We did go on other flats but I forgot to add them onto the post. I still got my moneys worth though!

lf2001
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:56 pm

Rockstar wrote:

I went last year on a school trip around the same time as you are. I'd say make sure you get on the rides you want first, I only managed to get on 5 rides all day, so expect large queues! I'm assuming Alton Towers will probably be the same too.

Master_feedback
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:41 pm

Like TRM says be smart accept your not going to get on everything with such a late arrival

look at queue times take into account what time your leaving the park and head for your no1 choice ride at the end of the day with queue time plus 45 mins you may find your on and off much quicker and can get a quick ride on something else

Rockstar

Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:12 pm

Just Found Out Air Race Will Open 5 Days Before I Go Therefore I Was Wondering Wether To Go On That First.

JaykeAT
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:49 am

What Lincoln school are you at? I want to move there.the best we get is Pleasure Island

awsomelycoolboy
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:50 pm

I did make my own post. Seeing as you both have been? May I take over this in because no-one is looking at mine and I'm leaving the day after tomorrow. I'm going to Chessington. Any tips? (19th June) love rollercoasters and adrenaline.