UK theme parks from another point of view!

Awright92
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Alton Towers Hex Tree! PTR - 20/11/14

Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:59 pm

I've always wanted to visit the Hex tree for years but due to living near Liverpool I never had the chance but I have recently moved to Derby due to moving to university so me and my friend thought let's go visit the tree. We travelled there last night (19/11/14) but was to dark by the time we was looking for it so we changed our minds and came back today.

I didn't realise how close the tree was to the park, I thought it would be miles away but it is near Oblivion. The Chained Oak B&B has a footpath next to it that you walk down and its just 5 mins on the right.

The tree was massive! Didn't expect it to be that big and the chains are really heavy also. Was a good little trip that I made. Was different to see some of the history behind the rides.

Oblivion Outside the Park:

the Tree!:

HB489
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers Hex Tree! PTR - 20/11/14

Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:33 pm

Awright92 wrote:
We travelled there last night (19/11/14) but was to dark by the time we was looking for it so we changed our minds and came back today.

Nonsense! The first time I visited the tree was around midnight :P makes the whole experience, especially if it's the first time you've been there, much more creepy. I guess it makes taking pictures more difficult though.

I was going to visit it again when I was up there for Scarefest, but by the end of each day I was just too tired.

I hadn't realised Oblivion was visible from it though, but I suppose I wasn't really looking for anything else besides the tree.

Awright92
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:24 pm

I took the picture of Oblivion from the top of the path before we walked down it. And we could see a thing, had only torch's on our phones so we turned back haha

Inferno Attractions
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Just a little observation of mine

Has anyone else noticed that around the tree (near the top and to the right) there is a hanging chain in the shape of a noose

Good pictures :)

I think everyone should make a trip to see it
Thanks to lewis97 for the signature (I think he may be a Wizard)

Inferno Attractions