UK theme parks from another point of view!

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Alton Towers 5/9/2015

Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:56 pm

Mini trip report
I tend to visit Alton Towers quite regularly, however this time I took the camera with me and I felt the images merited a trip report.

We arrived at roughly 9:15 and headed straight for ERT in Forbidden Valley. The first few rides of the day were on Air, I wanted to do a few rides while it was quiet and before it undergoes changes next year! Overall, I did 3 rides on Air on front, back and 2nd row. Next was Nemesis! Nemesis again had no queue (the park did get busier throughout the day though) and I managed a front row and back row ride very quickly.

Next, we hopped on the SkyRide over to Dark Forest. Rita was virtually queueless which I was surprised to see and I got 2 rides. Rita did feel marginally smoother than it had over the summer, probably due to the colder temperatures. One ride on Th13teen, then we were off to X-Sector.

Oblivion was running on reduced capacity which was slightly irritating, we queued for at least 20 minutes. No work was going on around The Smiler when I was there. TT: the ride (Twirling Toadstool) finished off the morning. We ate in Woodcutters then after Ice Age 4D (which is significantly better since the new film started) headed off to the Congo River Rapids.

After this we headed for a Nitrogenie and a ride on Duel, remarkably lots of the effects were working! The Nitrogenie was again delicious, it's a good addition in my opinion. One more ride on the Congo River Rapids and a soaking on The Flume ended the day.

Air is a very photogenic ride.

The Air shop, which is turning into a FoodLoop next year.

Monorails traverse Air, giving guests a great view of the layout.

Welcome... to Oblivion.

Twirling Toadstool is still great fun.

Thanks for reading!