Hi all! It’s been a long time since I’ve posted on here, but here goes!
I had a day off work today, and a new Merlin Membership burning a hole in my pocket, so I decided on an impromptu trip to Towers this afternoon. I didn’t arrive until 1230, but it was a quiet day on park and I managed to ride all 8 coasters, including Wickerman twice, and that was at a leisurely pace. Some positive and negative things I picked up on during my visit:
- ’Bumper’ scenery items on Spinball had their lighting working
- Smiler had it’s projection mapping realigned, and TVs working on the second lift
- Great to see SRQ back on Spinball and Smiler
- Oblivion’s misters working well
- Nice to see the old Rehydrator back in use as a new F&B outlet
- Was pleasantly surprised that the area around the Dungeons had its own soundtrack
- Some nice new merchandise, including a nice Nemesis 25 pin badge, and a nice refurb of part of Towers Trading
- All members of staff I spoke to were very friendly and professional.
- SRQ signage could have been clearer
- Enterprise and Rapids not available
- No flames on Wickerman
- Would have been nice to see more of a big deal made around Nemesis for the 25th anniversary - a new sign or station voiceover, just something extra!
And that’s pretty much it for the negatives, for me at least!
I was pretty wary about visiting on my own, I’d not done it before but actually had a great time. I felt that the park was well presented for the start of the season, and had a positive feel about it. A couple of rides unavailable, but in all honesty not ones I’d have ridden anyway. Looking forward to visiting many more times this season, and hoping that they can keep the standard up!