UK theme parks from another point of view!

MikeB
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:41 pm

oooh yes, another meetup. i'm definately going to try and make it to this one after having such a laugh at the fireworks meetup!

Elgouldo
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:49 pm

I know i haven't been a member long and i dont realy know any1 yet but I'd luv to come its just getting there thats the problem :!: I dont rly wanna go by train as it seems a bit complicated :? lol
I'll ave my scooter/moped but its a bit far to go on that :!: would take about 5 hours at least i exspect :lol:
I'll see what i can do :wink:

Alex.
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:58 pm

I would go, but its just a matter of train times.
Does anyone know how long it takes to get from nottingham to Uttoxeter? and what would be an appropriate time to catch the train?

Elgouldo
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:03 pm

Try using this 8) Although its a bit confusing :?
Sorry the link is... Clicky

Anonymous

Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:14 pm

dave can make it 2 so sue and dave186 can make it
:D :lol:

Lauzi
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:47 pm

I suggested this to Jay over MSN and he thinks it's a good idea. I will say to my mum:

Me and my mum and maybe my mums friend or/and my sister all go to AT on opening day. I spend a couple of hours with my mum, then meet up with you guys. My mum comes with me to meet you and checks that you're all decent people and then she goes off with friend/sister and I stay with you guys for a while. At the end of the day I go back with my mum for say, the last hour or so. Of course, she will be able to ring me at any time of the day and unless I'm on a ride, I will answer it and if any of you hear my phone ring, let me know.

So, do you guys think that is a reasonable request?

Dom1991
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:57 pm

Chrissy, you wouldn't be the oldest there, If my Dad comes along with me he'll be the oldest, he's 50 and still loving rides!

Lon
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:06 pm

Me and my mum and maybe my mums friend or/and my sister all go to AT on opening day. I spend a couple of hours with my mum, then meet up with you guys. My mum comes with me to meet you and checks that you're all decent people and then she goes off with friend/sister and I stay with you guys for a while. At the end of the day I go back with my mum for say, the last hour or so. Of course, she will be able to ring me at any time of the day and unless I'm on a ride, I will answer it and if any of you hear my phone ring, let me know.

So, do you guys think that is a reasonable request?

As long as who you come with doesn't get left alone :(
Your Mum would be very welcome to join in with the crowd!

Lauzi
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:20 pm

Somehow, I don't think she'd wanna hang out with us, she's not really into rides. :roll: :wink:

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:27 pm

I think that is a very reasonable request, ask her when she is in a good mood or ask her around Christmas time. Teehee what an evil plan! :twisted:

evil cod

Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:50 am

christmas morning while you opening your presents. "Mum, do you know what would make this christmas perfect? If you gave me permission to."

Moley

Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:37 am

Send them on a guilt trip it always works for me :lol:

Renegade
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:16 am

Use the good all fashion Blackmail Lol im 14 and my parents have only ever met sammie, ant and martin. They still let me go since i came home in one piece Lol. I carnt wait for this. Lauzi i understand what your mum is thinking i had trouble meeting martin for the first time but once my parents met him i go everywhere with him. Just when you show the videos edit most of it Lol :lol:

Lauzi
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:53 pm

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to persuade her. :)
Last edited by Lauzi on Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous

Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:16 pm

Is he single? (the 45year old man)

Nick

Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:41 pm

I'll be there on the 1st hopefully. Need to find some poor idiot to drive me so I can get some pints down me :D

Renegade
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:00 pm

"Lauzi" wrote:
Lmao, this morning I mentioned it to one of my friends and all of a sudden there's a rumour going round, that I'm going Alton Towers with a 45 yeard old gay man, that I met off the internet :roll: :shock: . I'm pretty sure I'll be able to persuade her. :)

Sounds like what happened to me, Lol although mine was thinking about meeting Jay at paintball. It got out that i was meeting Jay, deffinately meeting him, although i wasnt. Everyone at school kept shouting out "Perv" and stuff which led me to shouting "F**K you":lol:

symone
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:42 pm

Hey i may be able to come (would have to bring my other half with me but he is even more in to rides than me!LOL)
Will have to look at getting the dogs into kennels as i cant really leave them for 16hrs!

Renegade
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:10 pm

I left my dog in when i went although i dont think it was for that long. But our next door neighbour let him out. It could save you money if you could do that. :) Or you could install a dog flap or tell the dog to do its business in one place

symone
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:13 pm

"..Nemesis.." wrote:
I left my dog in when i went although i dont think it was for that long. But our next door neighbour let him out. It could save you money if you could do that. :)

The only problem is that we would have to leave around 6am and wouldnt be home until 9-10pm, not really fair on them, i will see if i can off load them on my parents! would save about £60!

Thanks for the suggestion