UK theme parks from another point of view!

dudeybrad
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Dudeybrad's RCT3 Alton Towers 2008

Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:09 pm

Hello all,

I don't know how well this is going to be received, what with the community park now being created, but I've been working on an Alton Towers recreation since RCT3 has been released pretty much. I had a thread going on this but I think it's been deleted now. If you remember me, and this project, welcome back!

Anyway, a visit to the Towers during the Scarefest event inspired me to get it finished. The scenario is almost finished, except for the shops and arcades in UG Land, the inside parts of Duel and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and some of Cred Street. Oh and of course the new Mutiny Bay area needs changing from how I originally made it, Merrie England style.

I've put so much work into this and it once had a following, so now i'm nearly finished at uni, i've decided to complete it.

The idea is to release the park as it was in the 2007 Scarefest Event (see pics below) and to then work on the scenario to update it to the 2008 season.

The scenario includes:

• Both hotels
  • Cariba Creek Waterpark
  • Terror of the Towers Walkthrough
  • The park as accurately as I can make it, including car parks

Anyway, here are some pictures to wet your appetite:

ps, here's an onride of my oblivion:

Brad

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:37 pm

Wow! well done mate... i never had the patience to do an AT recreation on RCT3! I'm more of a fictional park person

Love it man! well done!!

^^ Chris ^^
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

LiamSAFC

Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:56 pm

Love the scenery, but accuracy is poor, never mind.

Well done though, fantastic pictures. :D

Rory
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:28 pm

Thank god ur back, looking forward to the completed version :D

Spike
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:32 pm

Easily the best re-creation I have seen. Excellent!

Will it be available for download when completed? :)
Last edited by Spike on Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*

stigzy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:37 pm

Ooo, makes me want to play on RCT3 all over again, I haven't played on that in donkeys. Its the best RCT3 Alton Towes recreation I've seen ye anyway, and the accuracy is just about as good as it's probably going to get in RCT3. Well done mate, keep it up!

dudeybrad
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:41 pm

Yeah, course it will be available to download, thats the whole idea! :) - and this time, if it looks like I won't get around to finishing it (which i'm trying to) I will let u guys have what i've done anyway.

Maybe one of you might rise to the challenge of completing the bits i've not got round to in that event, but the park's my baby lol and not sure i'd part with it that easily.

Liam - what is inaccurate? I didn't think it was particularly inaccurate

Brad[/i]

Spike
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:51 pm

"dudeybrad" wrote:
Yeah, course it will be available to download, thats the whole idea! :) - and this time, if it looks like I won't get around to finishing it (which i'm trying to) I will let u guys have what i've done anyway.

Maybe one of you might rise to the challenge of completing the bits i've not got round to in that event, but the park's my baby lol and not sure i'd part with it that easily.

That's exactly what I like doing. I did that to the Thorpe re-creation which had quite a few errors.
*Honest Cint!*

dudeybrad
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:56 pm

"Scallywag Spike""][quote=""dudeybrad" wrote:

That's exactly what I like doing. I did that to the Thorpe re-creation which had quite a few errors.[/quote]

Well, I wouldn't be happy with anyone going in and changing anything i'd done. Even if there were errors, because with the best will in the world it wouldn't look how i'd done it. We all have our own styles. I once let someone have a copy of this park, when it was much less finished, and they deleted a whole chunk of it and rebuilt it. It looked nothing like my style, and I wasn't happy. I would just be happy with someone finishing it off, nothing more!

Spike
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:27 pm

"dudeybrad" wrote:

Well, I wouldn't be happy with anyone going in and changing anything i'd done. Even if there were errors, because with the best will in the world it wouldn't look how i'd done it. We all have our own styles. I once let someone have a copy of this park, when it was much less finished, and they deleted a whole chunk of it and rebuilt it. It looked nothing like my style, and I wasn't happy. I would just be happy with someone finishing it off, nothing more!

I wouldn't change anything no lol I meant adding things like Mutiny etc. I like taking on parks and expanding them.
*Honest Cint!*

LiamSAFC

Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:33 pm

"dudeybrad" wrote:
Liam - what is inaccurate? I didn't think it was particularly inaccurate[/i]

Just Oblivion - the video wasn't very accurate. Too much of it was above the ground, not enough below and whats with all the turning in the tunnel? :?

Like I says though excellent recreation. Not the best, but up there anyways mate!

dudeybrad
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:57 pm

"LiamSAFC""][quote=""dudeybrad" wrote:
Liam - what is inaccurate? I didn't think it was particularly inaccurate[/i]

Just Oblivion - the video wasn't very accurate. Too much of it was above the ground, not enough below and whats with all the turning in the tunnel? :?
[/quote]

Ah I see mate. Well the reason for the turning below ground is because in RCT3, due to the grid system, it's impossible to have the drop facing the correct angle so that it can go straight underground and come out in the right spot in X-Sector. Therefore it has to turn underground, although I know it's not accurate, otherwise it'd come up somewhere inside the black hole tent! Get me?

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:00 pm

You see this is the worst thing about RCT... it is REALLY hard to create an accurate recreation of something :cry: Therefore i think you've done VERY well brad

they need to combine No Limits and RCT! :lol: that'd be like heavan!

^^ Chris ^^
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

LiamSAFC

Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:21 pm

"dudeybrad" wrote:
Ah I see mate. Well the reason for the turning below ground is because in RCT3, due to the grid system, it's impossible to have the drop facing the correct angle so that it can go straight underground and come out in the right spot in X-Sector. Therefore it has to turn underground, although I know it's not accurate, otherwise it'd come up somewhere inside the black hole tent! Get me?

Yeah, totally understand. Its a great recreation, and like Chris said, its hard to make a PERFECT recreation, but just pointing out the floors init first, because I'm English...give me something to complain about! :P

Great Recreation though mate, you should definately put the other Theme Parks to the Test, like Thorpe and Chessy, that would be awesome!

Moley

Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:01 am

If I remember right, theres a ship on the Atari Community forum that would be perfect for a BG recreation.

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:15 am

"LiamSAFC" wrote:

LOL! Have you ever had a play on Roller Coaster Tycoon? :P

Looks really cool dudeybrad. I remember following your RCT2 one for months a few years back, I was so excited at the time. I don't have time to play any of these games anymore. :(

LiamSAFC

Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:30 am

"Liam""][quote=""LiamSAFC" wrote:

LOL! Have you ever had a play on Roller Coaster Tycoon? :P[/quote]

I REFUSE to repeat myself to you "Lianna" :wink: :lol:

stigzy
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:34 am

I remember the Infogrames level recreation in rct1 along with Pleasure Beach Blackpool. I always remember playing the alton towers level and being in complete aaww at it, because I hadn't even visited towers back then! Ahh what good memories!

dudeybrad
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:28 am

"Moley 89" wrote:
If I remember right, theres a ship on the Atari Community forum that would be perfect for a BG recreation.

Thanks, I just went and had a look but I couldn't find one... Can you remember where you saw it?

Moley

Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:52 am

I do apologise I cant find the ship anymore but, this pack has alot of useful stuff for Mutiny Bay, sail billboard for the entrance sign, sail and mast for the galleon, planks for decking bays and the broken billboard similar to that used on the BG entrance.

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... light=ship