UK theme parks from another point of view!

Ollie
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon Competition

Fri May 22, 2009 3:48 pm

"NemesisGirl95""][quote=""Ollie" wrote:
I do believe Koopa-Troopa said you were allowed to download the Spinball recreation of Almanac?

Quote: ''If you want you can download a Spinball rec off Towers Nerd. :)''.

So surely ElectricBill hasn't broken the rules. :roll: #-o

But it's not Koopa-Troopa's competition, it's nemesiscrazy's. So surely it's up to him?[/quote]

I believe Koopa-Troopa was made a judge, and therefore held authority within this competition also? You can't have people contradicting each other - it's confusing!

Matt.C
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 22, 2009 4:16 pm

:oops:

I wasn't criticising you Bill I was just pointing out to nemesiscrazy that it wasn't yours so you didn't get marked up for downloading something. Apologies if I caused any uneeded aggro :oops:

Joe Koopa
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 22, 2009 4:47 pm

Sorry, I messed things up again and it wasn't even my competition. :(

As far as I'm aware, I have no extra authority as judge, until it comes to well judging. Sorry ElectricBill I would have thought it would of been OK. Also sorry to NemesisCrazy for posting about the download I thought it would be OK.

Sorry peoples.

BTW, can you not give NemesisCrazy a warning? He did say so in his actual video and it was all my fault. Disqualify me as a judge if you want as it is really all my fault for not checking.

Nice area as well, ElectricBill. Loving the Beastie replacement. :)

Michaél
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri May 22, 2009 4:49 pm

Thankyou for the apologizing Koopa-Troopa. But just to make things clear with the contestants what you enter into the competition must be your own material and not someone elses. There is now a warning system in place and shortly I will post a list of rules so that you are fully aware of what you can't do.

Thank you Nemesiscrazy

ElectricBill you now have no warnings. Sorry for the confusion.

[Archive]

Fri May 22, 2009 6:33 pm

"Matt.C" wrote:
:oops: I wasn't criticising you Bill I was just pointing out to nemesiscrazy that it wasn't yours so you didn't get marked up for downloading something. Apologies if I caused any uneeded aggro.
I don't mind, Matt! :) And I won't do anything like that again, NemesisCrazy, so thanks for taking off my warning.

I wonder what other themes the other contestants have. I seemed to have posted my video extremely early, so it might be a long wait until the next upload...

mattbailey
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 22, 2009 10:06 pm

I'm done!

Just need to work out how to shoot video / get pictures...

Gives me a chance to play with iMovie :D

Russell
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 22, 2009 10:24 pm

Are all rides under the Thrill RIde tab banned or only the intense ones? Stuff like Disco, Magic Carpet and waltzers aloud?

Im 80% done with the coaster just need to finish that and support areas :)
Since April 2008

Oblivion_
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 22, 2009 10:38 pm

I've finished the coaster - a currently unthemed inverted rollercoaster. Obviously, it's nothing too intense, and no loops.
Confirmed \'09:

Alton Towers, April 7th
Thorpe Park, Summer
Alton Towers, Scarefest

Unconfirmed \'09:

Wicksteed Park (D:)
Chessington, WoA

FallingStar
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 22, 2009 10:47 pm

Just to clarify, I have built a new rollercoaster in place of Spinball, with part dark ride, so is that OK for a family rollercoaster? And does the design have to be realistic? ie a normal lift and a spiral lift on a spinning coaster?
Just wonderin =]

mattbailey
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 22, 2009 11:40 pm

Heres a couple of teasers before I upload and sort out the video.

Crofty

Sat May 23, 2009 6:50 am

All this talk of Rules and Warnings seems a little over the top doesn't it? I thought it was meant to be a bit of fun. :|

I was too under the impression that it would be easier to use a spinball recreation that was already built to save time, if it has to be your own work then surely custom scenery should be banned?

Anyway, I'm not using any of those in mine. :P I've gone for a space theme and just finished my "Family Coaster." Quite enjoying it. :)

:D :D

Magical Ryan
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 23, 2009 3:21 pm

Entrance to my area, Still need to make a logo :P

Russell
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 23, 2009 4:18 pm

Ok Done :)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHcTqv4B1AU" target="_blank]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHcTqv4B1AU[/url]

My area is the Forgotten Kingdom. Everything has been ripped out and replaced. Inplace of Spinball and Beastie is The Temple. The style of ride is somewhere between Spinball and The Black Hole. There is also a raised seating area which houses a toilet block, a snack shop and a small gift shop. The two supporting flats are an octopus ride themed to a mythical beast and a Magic Carpet ride, ala Quantum at Thorpe. Hope you like it guys, I certainly enjoyed creating it :D Also as it was my first ever video any coments/suggestions welcome :)
Last edited by Russell on Mon May 25, 2009 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Since April 2008

Matt.C
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 23, 2009 4:56 pm

I like your area but what's with the fade at 1:00 in the POV?

Joe Koopa
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 23, 2009 5:15 pm

Very nice area, Russel. Very nice! :D

Also see Craig has become a judge, I wonder where NemesisCrazy got that idea from. :wink:

[Archive]

Sat May 23, 2009 6:17 pm

I like your roller coaster, Russel. It has a very good indoor bit which is complemented well by the outdoor turns. The other rides were good too, but I think a bit more theming is needed over the area.

PS, you don't need the [url]sign infront of your link for it to work, like this [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHcTqv4B1AU" target="_blank]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHcTqv4B1AU[/url] . :)

I like the look of Mattbaily's pre-historic area, as well.

Michaél
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat May 23, 2009 7:07 pm

I like the area and coaster a lot Russel, great job. Nice attempt at detail in terms of the scenery.

Also...

It is meant to be fun but it needs some sort of structure to get people using there own skills not other peoples, I only allow custom scenery because in my opinion straight RCT3 scenery is not very good so to get some more extravagant and exciting theming I am allowing CS. Also why downloads of recreations are not allowed is because the competition is partly judged on coaster building so I would like to see how *you* do recreation not someone else.

People who have asked about limitations. The only limits you have are the ones already said in the task description. Enjoy it and don't worry about how I realistic it is or whatever...
Just enjoy making your area and work around the limitations and rules.

Russell
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 23, 2009 10:50 pm

Thanks guys :)

The fade at 1.00 is due to me filming the indoor part in the dark to get the lights and the out door bit during the day :)
Since April 2008

mattbailey
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 24, 2009 12:50 am

OK my entry is uploading onto YouTube at the mo. Its not brilliant, but I am happy with it as a work in progress of sorts. (am thinking of using this as a start to a larger park).

I haven't used any custom scenery apart for a few bits of SteelWorks. (I was using my housemate's, somewhat unreliable, desktop and didn't want to jam the HD with scenery objects!).

Also this is my first coaster upload so there is only a POV of the coaster and some photos, I haven't quite sussed the ingame recording.

Finally I made this on iMovie, so it took a bit of time to work out how to use iMovie, and also to convert the wmv file into mov for editing... but all well, being all well here is the link:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DDfNQ7hg6I" target="_blank]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DDfNQ7hg6I[/url]

Hope you guys like it! :D

Matt

Joe Koopa
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 24, 2009 6:50 am

Very nice area, Matt. Very nice!

I have a feelingthis competition will behard to judge. :wink: