UK theme parks from another point of view!

Bote
TT Member
TT Member

Re: RCT Quick Questions

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:36 pm

Where exactly do you put CTR in the game directory? I put them in AtariRollercoaster Tycoon 3TracksTrackedRides and they appear in the rollercaoser menu. When I click one the construction menu appears, and I have a straight section of track, but as soon as I click to place it the game crashes.

I've only ever had two rides work, and they were Revolutionary Rides robocaoster thingy, and Revolutionary Rapids. Anything else, Maure Spinners, Inverted Dive Machine (Crazy isn't it :P ), Eurofighters, ect, carsh the game.

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:40 pm

"Begining Of The End" wrote:
Where exactly do you put CTR in the game directory? I put them in AtariRollercoaster Tycoon 3TracksTrackedRides and they appear in the rollercaoser menu. When I click one the construction menu appears, and I have a straight section of track, but as soon as I click to place it the game crashes.
That sounds right but Isn't there more than one file :?
You normally need to put a cart file under:

AtariRollerCoaster Tycoon® 3CarsTrackedRideCars

Try checking the Read Me that comes with the Downloads.

It will explain why Revolutionary Rides works as they install for you.

captain
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:46 pm

"Begining Of The End" wrote:
When I click one the construction menu appears, and I have a straight section of track, but as soon as I click to place it the game crashes.
Weirdly most of the time the coasters work fine for me, but with two CTRs I get exactly the same problem as you. The Gerstlauer Eurofighter and Maurer/Gerstlauer spinner from here both for some reason crash, but the Intamin Blitz from the same site works fine. I can't work it out - I've reinstalled them, checked the file names but nothing seems to work.

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:54 pm

I think you've just confirmed what I posted above. Both the Eurofighter and Maurer/Gerstlauer require that you download the Cart file separately. It's the missing Carts that are causing the game to crash.

Bote
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:56 pm

"captain""][quote=""Begining Of The End" wrote:
When I click one the construction menu appears, and I have a straight section of track, but as soon as I click to place it the game crashes.
Weirdly most of the time the coasters work fine for me, but with two CTRs I get exactly the same problem as you. The Gerstlauer Eurofighter and Maurer/Gerstlauer spinner from here both for some reason crash, but the Intamin Blitz from the same site works fine. I can't work it out - I've reinstalled them, checked the file names but nothing seems to work.[/quote]

I've done that too, but I can't even get the Blitz to work. I've just managed to get DazMates (Well you know who I mean even when I spell it wrong :P ) Eurofighter and Gerstlauer Spining to work for me though with no trouble. Must be something to do with those 2 rides seen how neither of us can get it to work :?

*EDIT*
Ahh thanks Nightfall :)

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:02 am

You might be able to help me too :)
I just read your shoutbox post about "ImagineerJohn's animated coaster bits". Do you know where I can download them from?

captain
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:19 am

"Nightfall" wrote:
I think you've just confirmed what I posted above. Both the Eurofighter and Maurer/Gerstlauer require that you download the Cart file separately. It's the missing Carts that are causing the game to crash.
Ahhhhh. Right. The link they provided to download the Eurofighter Cars were for the extended/B&M track so instead of downloading those I downloaded the alternative Eurofighter cars, for use on minicoaster track, which I thought would fit Intamin track. I'm guessing that the game is searching for the original Eurofighter cars which I didn't download, so crashes.

Thanks Nightfall for clearing that up. I presume if I make my own CTR using the different types of track and then add the alternative Eurofighter cars it will work? If I can get the CTR creator to work - even after your excellent tutorial I still have trouble.
"Nightfall" wrote:
You might be able to help me too :)
I just read your shoutbox post about "ImagineerJohn's animated coaster bits". Do you know where I can download them from?

Hopefully this link should work. I can't remember where I got mine from. :)

Bote
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:20 am

Linky

But for heavens sake read the tutorials first :P I'll warn you. It'll take a while to get it right, but it's well worth the faff.

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:03 am

"captain" wrote:
Thanks Nightfall for clearing that up. I presume if I make my own CTR using the different types of track and then add the alternative Eurofighter cars it will work? If I can get the CTR creator to work - even after your excellent tutorial I still have trouble.
Yes you will :P but yes it should work. I've recently discovered the big problem with the CTR Creator. It works brilliantly for B&M track but isn't too good for much else. I tried combining the Heartline Coaster to the B&M track to create a working switch track but that just mucked them both up.

If you get Luke's Eurofighter to work I'd stick with it as getting anything better from the CTR is a nightmare. I too crashed my game by downloading the wrong carts the first time.

Thanks both of you for the link :)

James
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:56 pm

I think this may have been answered already, but I can't seem to find the posts.

How do I get pictures on custom billboards in RCT3, on a Windows 7 PC?

I've tried a quick Google, but can't find a good solution, all I've found is ways that might damage my PC, and I'm not willing to take the risk. If anyone can help it'd be much appreciated. :)

A5H

Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:59 pm

"James" wrote:
I think this may have been answered already, but I can't seem to find the posts.

How do I get pictures on custom billboards in RCT3, on a Windows 7 PC?

I've tried a quick Google, but can't find a good solution, all I've found is ways that might damage my PC, and I'm not willing to take the risk. If anyone can help it'd be much appreciated. :)

The best thing to do would be to search You Tube for a video tutorial :D But before you trust one, check all the comments below, make sure it's a trustworthy video :)
I did it for vista and it's actually really simple when you listen and take it step by step :D

Bote
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:07 pm

There's one on YouTibe I used. I can't remember exactly, but I put a folder called MY PICTURES in Documents, and ran some command lines. I'll see if I can find it for you :)

EDIT
Here it is
Linky
I know it says Vista, but it works for 7 too

James
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks guys. I followed that video [s:hof4mc68]Begining Of The End[/s:hof4mc68] [s:hof4mc68]Bote[/s:hof4mc68] Ian :P and it worked perfectly, thank you. :)

Doopy Dan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:57 am

Anyone know where i can get some good rock CS for RCT3?

A5H

Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:40 am

"Doopy Dan" wrote:
Anyone know where i can get some good rock CS for RCT3?

This is the set I use :)
They're rather useful, however somewhere out there, there are some other sets, I just don't know where to find them :P I hope these are useful :)
http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item20

Doopy Dan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Those look perfect, thank you very much :D

Bote
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:24 pm

Does anyone know if you can get speakers which work like a ride event and respond on positions? I.E: A train turns a corner and a sound effect plays when it passes a point on the track.

Oblivion_
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:43 pm

Hate to be a pain, but I'm looking for tables which peeps can sit down on. I've tried Vodhins but I can find them? I think it was the Vermont set, btw.
Confirmed \'09:

Alton Towers, April 7th
Thorpe Park, Summer
Alton Towers, Scarefest

Unconfirmed \'09:

Wicksteed Park (D:)
Chessington, WoA

DiogoJ42

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:21 pm

Not as far as I know, Bote :roll:

That sort of thing can be faked in post production on a POV video, but in game I don't think so.

Bote
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:32 pm

"DiogoJ42" wrote:
Not as far as I know, Bote :roll:

That sort of thing can be faked in post production on a POV video, but in game I don't think so.

Shame. That'd make dark rides alot more interesting :|