UK theme parks from another point of view!

James
TT Member
TT Member

Re: RCT Quick Questions

Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:52 am

Would anyone be able to help me and point me in the direction of some wooden roller coaster supports?

I've tried looking around but can't find any.

Much thanks.

DiogoJ42

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:26 pm

Big Burger's Timber supports? (I think thats what they are called). They take forever, because they are individual wooden beams, and a large coaster will have a noticable toll on frame rates. But the results are worth it.

Oblivion_
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:31 pm

Another question; where would you find decent supports for the "Mine Train Coaster" ride type? Wouldn't know what to use :s
Confirmed \'09:

Alton Towers, April 7th
Thorpe Park, Summer
Alton Towers, Scarefest

Unconfirmed \'09:

Wicksteed Park (D:)
Chessington, WoA

Anthony
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:19 pm

"Oblivion_" wrote:
Another question; where would you find decent supports for the "Mine Train Coaster" ride type? Wouldn't know what to use :s

Looking at the AT one, I'd use BigBurger's timber or MGP's portable coaster supports. He also has some nice aged wooden ones that'd do the trick.

Here's a link to the MGP sets
[url=http://velvetskyemusic.com/RCT3_files/Rct3_Land_b.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://velvetskyemusic.com/RCT3_files/Rct3_Land_b.html[/url]

If you meant the Vekoma-style Mine Train, Moby's Steel Jungle would be fine.

DiogoJ42

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:24 pm

Hmmm. I've never thought of using the timber supports for powered mine trains. :-k But thinking about it, they are the right thickness, and they are square! Good idea! :D Shame about the wood texture though.

Anthony
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:30 pm

Yeah, that's the obvious downside. BigBurger's aren't too bad for wooden supports though, and would be passable if they were coloured something other than brown.

James
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:36 pm

"DiogoJ42" wrote:
Big Burger's Timber supports? (I think thats what they are called). They take forever, because they are individual wooden beams, and a large coaster will have a noticable toll on frame rates. But the results are worth it.

Thanks Diogo! :) Have just downloaded it, will have a play around with it this weekend and see how it goes.

Pricey ;)
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:38 pm

how do you make billboards work on win7? i have looked online but its all gobbleifdjdkisj! please help :mrgreen:

Anthony
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:20 pm

Here's a link to a video tutorial, it makes it easier to follow.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6sW0DzHPyw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6sW0DzHPyw[/url]

It's pretty much the same as how you'd fix it on Vista.

captain
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:37 pm

Has anybody ever come across this waterfall problem? I can't figure it out, and I've played around with the terrain a lot, and it's in the correct position for a 3-across waterfall, however it is only taking up 2 spaces. :?

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:04 pm

I've seen it before but haven’t worked out what’s causing it. On the occasions it happens try rebuilding the river bank and reattempting it.

If you can't fix it there is a Custem Scenery set for Waterfalls but I recommend you try and find a solution as the in game ones blend more naturally.

captain
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:22 pm

Ah I'd completely forgotten about Old Spice's waterfalls. The problem with them as you say is that they don't merge well with each other and to be honest the water bodies as well. I've reprofiled the banks a few times both at the top and bottom to no avail.

The strange thing is that it seems to be treating the cliff as two separate entities, with the waterfall of two squares being one area, then there's the one square section which it says is too narrow to have a waterfall. :? The terrain is definitely even across the top though.

I might just have a vast amount of rocks on the side! :P

Anthony
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:15 pm

Rocks will work.

My favourite are Weber's boulders and brush set for a natural look.

[url=http://velvetskyemusic.com/RCT3_files/Rct3_Land_a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://velvetskyemusic.com/RCT3_files/Rct3_Land_a.html[/url]

Also, if you don't want rocks. Errt made a load of terrain blocks that will fit into that gap to make it look pretty much seamless.

[url=http://www.rct-net.de/page.php?id=342&action=download&did=308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.rct-net.de/page.php?id=342&a ... ad&did=308[/url]

captain
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:07 am

Me again! :oops:

Does anyone know how to put custom track ride cars onto a different track using the CTR creator? When I open the CTR creator and look in the available car types, none of the CTR cars I have show up. Is there a way to import them so they can be used? :?

I'd like to put Krypt's Kiddie Coaster (4 Seater) (currently on spiral and wild mouse track) onto Mini Coaster track.

starbugger1303
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:23 am

Sorry if this has been put in before.

I am currently running on Windows 7 and I have installed RCT3 but when I ever try and run it, an error pops up saying 'Runtime Error blah blah blah' , on the game box it says it is compatibale with Win7.

Please Help :( .

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:21 pm

"captain" wrote:
Me again! :oops:

Does anyone know how to put custom track ride cars onto a different track using the CTR creator? When I open the CTR creator and look in the available car types, none of the CTR cars I have show up. Is there a way to import them so they can be used? :?

I'd like to put Krypt's Kiddie Coaster (4 Seater) (currently on spiral and wild mouse track) onto Mini Coaster track.
Amazing how you always ask these questions right after I solve them myself. I learnt how to do this while making Nightfire:

Step 1: Make sure the CTR car file has been placed in the correct folder when you downloaded it (I guess you've already done this but it’s important that the car files are already in game)

Step 2: Find out the name of the CTR car. This is likely to be the same name as the .ovl files contained within the downloaded cars folder. For my own CTR it is CTR_Nightfire if that helps.

Step 3: Create a new CTR (The same way as I showed you before) using two of the cars that do appear in the list. Save the Ride Text (.txt) and leave the CTR creator.

Step 4: Open up the .txt file you just saved. On the left hand side you should see a section labelled CarTypeName and to the right of it the cars you selected in the editor. Replace the second one with the name of the CTR car. The first car is to stop the game from crashing in case you used the wrong car name.

Step 5: Save the .txt file and reopen the CTR Creator. Select Read CTR_BahnDaten.txt. Select the .txt file. Click on the 3 buttons below in order. They will Right, Create and Install the file.

Step 6: Load the game and give it a try. If it doesn’t work the chances is the name is wrong. You’ll know this If only the first car appears. If so restart from Stage 4 and see what’s wrong with the car name. If it’s still not working just ask and I’ll see what I can do.

It’s really simple once You’ve given it a try ;)

captain
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:17 pm

"Nightfall" wrote:
Amazing how you always ask these questions right after I solve them myself.
:D What was that phrase about great minds? :P

Thanks very much, will try it very soon!

daveslodge
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:14 pm

Strange one here guys...

Started running RCT3 on my new a laptop a few months ago (a pretty standard Toshiba Satelite) everything runs fine in game but the display on screen comes up with 2 black bars at either side...it looks like the aspect ratio is incorrect (like having a 4:3 setting on a widescreen).

I've tried editing all of the graphic settings in game eg changing to 1024xwhatever no. this is!

Whatever I do can't get full screen! I'm very much not a techie so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:34 pm

I noticed bars appeared when I updated my Laptop from Windows Vista to 7.

Bote
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:45 pm

"Nightfall" wrote:
I noticed bars appeared when I updated my Laptop from Windows Vista to 7.

The first thing that springs to mind now is compatability issue. Try this:

1) Click Start<All Programs<Atari<Rollercoaster Tycoon 3
2) Right click the game file and choose Properties
3) Click the compatability tab in the window that appears.
4) Tick the box which says "Run this program in compatability mode for" and the drop down benieth should unlock. In the list choose XP Service Pack 2 then "Apply" and "OK"
5) Then just run the game and see what it does.

It may well be that 7 is trying to adapt the game to the screen in what it thinks is the best way, though failing. If that doesn't work, try your graphics card control suite (You can find this easily enough through control panel) :)